The Simplicity of the Gospel and the Complexity of Religion

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul wrote to the Corinthians.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ, 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The serpent told Eve that if they ate of the tree in the midst of the Garden they would become as God's knowing good from evil, Genesis 3:5. They didn't become as God's, they became cursed sinners.

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many miss it or can't understand it, while religion like the serpents message is complex and confusing.

Here is the Gospel in a nutshell.

"Therefore as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) many shall be MADE righteous" Romans 5:18.

That's it! Do you believe it? All that Jesus Christ was and all that he did was for our justification, Romans 3:26. As God's new Adam and our representative he has justified, sanctified and redeemed us, 1 Corinthians 1:30. This salvation that God has provided for us in Jesus Christ becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ, Romans 5:1.

This simple, truthful message has been corrupted by Satan. Calvinism. I have yet to hear a Calvinist explain how Jesus only made a limited atonement and not a full atonement for all of the sins of the whole world. How did God and Jesus work that out with the devil? If Jesus did not make a full atonement for all of the sins of the world, then that means that Satan was not destroyed. This is some very complex doctrine. The scripture plainly says that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

When a Calvinist reads this he goes deaf, dumb and blind. It is though this scripture is not even in the Bible. And then there is 1 John 4:14 that basically says the same thing. Their minds have been corrupted by the simplicity that is in Christ. If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world then Jesus is not Lord. He is a fraud and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God. Calvinism is very complex and confusing religion.

Catholicism is about the same. It is so full of do's and dont's that you have to take a course to become a member of the Catholic church. "The Council of Trent" has composed about 35 canons that tell you what and how you should believe. At the end of each one of these canons they tell you that if you don't believe these canons, you are "Anathema" which means you are kicked out of the Catholic church. To be kicked out of the Catholic church is to be assigned to hell. It is all very complex and confusing. If you are going to become a Catholic be prepared to believe and do many, many things, many of which are not in the Bible. It is the religion of you must, you must, you must and if you don't, you are anathema.

In religion the burden of salvation is on the believer. In Christianity the burden of salvation is on Christ. In religion you must become good enough. In Christianity Christ is good enough for us. In religion salvation is all about you. In Christianity salvation is all about Jesus Christ. His life, His death, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God. Jesus was not only God with us, Jesus was also God for us.

beloved57

You reject the Gospel, TULIP gives us a clear presentation of the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ, and you hate it !

Robert Pate

Banned
You reject the Gospel, TULIP gives us a clear presentation of the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ, and you hate it !

While you are on the Forum, please explain how Jesus only made a limited atonement? If Jesus did not make a full atonement then how did he reconcile the world unto God as it is in 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19?

We will be waiting for your answer, or will it be read my threads?

beloved57

While you are on the Forum, please explain how Jesus only made a limited atonement? If Jesus did not make a full atonement then how did he reconcile the world unto God as it is in 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19?

We will be waiting for your answer, or will it be read my threads?
See my threads on the forum, I have explained what i believe and why!

In the mean time, you don't believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ Jesus which is TULIP!

Robert Pate

Banned
See my threads on the forum, I have explained what i believe and why!

In the mean time, you don't believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ Jesus which is TULIP!

The reason that you say... "Read my threads" is because you can't answer the question.

Not only are you a heretic. You are a sly, tricky heretic.

beloved57

The reason that you say... "Read my threads" is because you can't answer the question.

Not only are you a heretic. You are a sly, tricky heretic.
You don't want to know my views, If you did you would have read them, they are right here on the forum! [emoji1]

j4jesus09

Paul wrote to the Corinthians.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ, 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The serpent told Eve that if they ate of the tree in the midst of the Garden they would become as God's knowing good from evil, Genesis 3:5. They didn't become as God's, they became cursed sinners.

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many miss it or can't understand it, while religion like the serpents message is complex and confusing.

Here is the Gospel in a nutshell.

"Therefore as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) many shall be MADE righteous" Romans 5:18.

That's it! Do you believe it? All that Jesus Christ was and all that he did was for our justification, Romans 3:26. As God's new Adam and our representative he has justified, sanctified and redeemed us, 1 Corinthians 1:30. This salvation that God has provided for us in Jesus Christ becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ, Romans 5:1.

This simple, truthful message has been corrupted by Satan. Calvinism. I have yet to hear a Calvinist explain how Jesus only made a limited atonement and not a full atonement for all of the sins of the whole world. How did God and Jesus work that out with the devil? If Jesus did not make a full atonement for all of the sins of the world, then that means that Satan was not destroyed. This is some very complex doctrine. The scripture plainly says that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

When a Calvinist reads this he goes deaf, dumb and blind. It is though this scripture is not even in the Bible. And then there is 1 John 4:14 that basically says the same thing. Their minds have been corrupted by the simplicity that is in Christ. If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world then Jesus is not Lord. He is a fraud and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God. Calvinism is very complex and confusing religion.

Catholicism is about the same. It is so full of do's and dont's that you have to take a course to become a member of the Catholic church. "The Council of Trent" has composed about 35 canons that tell you what and how you should believe. At the end of each one of these canons they tell you that if you don't believe these canons, you are "Anathema" which means you are kicked out of the Catholic church. To be kicked out of the Catholic church is to be assigned to hell. It is all very complex and confusing. If you are going to become a Catholic be prepared to believe and do many, many things, many of which are not in the Bible. It is the religion of you must, you must, you must and if you don't, you are anathema.

In religion the burden of salvation is on the believer. In Christianity the burden of salvation is on Christ. In religion you must become good enough. In Christianity Christ is good enough for us. In religion salvation is all about you. In Christianity salvation is all about Jesus Christ. His life, His death, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God. Jesus was not only God with us, Jesus was also God for us.

Robert, do we believe what? This statement? Therefore as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) many shall be MADE righteous" Romans 5:18

Do you believe it? Do you see the two births here. Man was made a sinner right? Man did nothing to be a sinner prior to being born right? Man was made righteous, man did nothing to be made righteous prior to be BORN of GOD. If you are going to apply we did nothing to be born into sin why would you turn around and say we did something to be righteous?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, do we believe what? This statement? Therefore as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) many shall be MADE righteous" Romans 5:18

Do you believe it? Do you see the two births here. Man was made a sinner right? Man did nothing to be a sinner prior to being born right? Man was made righteous, man did nothing to be made righteous prior to be BORN of GOD. If you are going to apply we did nothing to be born into sin why would you turn around and say we did something to be righteous?

The only thing that God asks of us is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ. To believe on Christ is to accept and believe upon what he has done for our justification. John 1:12.

j4jesus09

The only thing that God asks of us is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ. To believe on Christ is to accept and believe upon what he has done for our justification. John 1:12.

In order to believe in Christ it must be in a person to begin with. You can't believe on something that is not inside you. I'm sure you believe that believing on God's Son Jesus Christ is a good thing? Have you considered what Paul said? 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
Romans 7:18

beloved57

If you don't answer the question I am going to do a thread on...

"Why Calvinist Cannot Defend the Doctrine of a Limited Atonement"

You dont want my explanation, you just running off at the mouth. I have hundreds of posts and threads explaining my views on Salvation !

j4jesus09

Once again we were made sinners. The opposite is we were made righteous. You can't explain how we were made one but not the other. In order to believe in Christ it must be in a person to begin with. You can't believe on something that is not inside you. I'm sure you believe that believing on God's Son Jesus Christ is a good thing? Have you considered what Paul said? 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Robert Pate

Banned
In order to believe in Christ it must be in a person to begin with. You can't believe on something that is not inside you. I'm sure you believe that believing on God's Son Jesus Christ is a good thing? Have you considered what Paul said? 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Paul was just letting us know that he was a sinner that was struggling with sin.

Every one has the ability to believe on Christ.

If God didn't give us the ability to believe on Christ he would not be just.