Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My opinion is forged in Christian history. Make no mistake: Christianity is, like it or not, a historical faith about which certain actual events in time have occurred. The ability to separate faith from facts, evidence from interpretation and data from theology is essential if we are to climb out of the miasma of biblical illiteracy most Christians have today.

I said
Well let me tell you and your historians. You all are the deception. Because the Word of God is the hidden language of the Holy Spirit.
And it really doesn't make any difference whether any of it happened or not. Its a hidden language. You all totally missed the boat.

Rom 4:16-17
16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well let me tell you and your historians. You all are the deception.
What prevents you from calling some historians "blasphemers" then?

Are you one of those believers who insists on an inerrant Bible and yet at the same time insists that your understanding of that Bible is also inerrant?

If so, there is no common ground that you would ever accept between us both, even though we both acknowledge God in Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What prevents you from calling some historians "blasphemers" then?

Are you one of those believers who insists on an inerrant Bible and yet at the same time insists that your understanding of that Bible is also inerrant?

If so, there is no common ground that you would ever accept between us both, even though we both acknowledge God in Jesus.

I said
God was in Jesus but not now.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Where did God go? God and Christ are one now and forever Christ is the temple. Where he is, God is!

I said
God left Jesus to die alone on the cross. And Jesus is now sitting at the right hand of God.

Matt 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

Luke 22:69
69 "Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You people are missing the messages in the Word of God. What you all call smart God calls dumb. What you call dumb, God calls smart. You will never find the truth through human wisdom.

1 Cor 1:19-21
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 3:19-20
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness";
20 and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile."
(NKJ)

HisServant

You people are missing the messages in the Word of God. What you all call smart God calls dumb. What you call dumb, God calls smart. You will never find the truth through human wisdom.

19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
(NKJ)

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness";
(NKJ)

And no one will ever receive wisdom reading your inane posts.....ever.

You talk like a baby.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)
The fear and alarm towards facts, history, intellectuals or academics is rooted in a fear of the modern world. We don't want to turn to meteorologists, we would rather pray for rain. And we don't look for faith healers but to doctors and modern medical science.

The medieval structures of Christian belief are crumbling all around us.

I can't really blame traditional believers for feeling under attack from all sides. Both Islam and Christianity are having to suffer through this, trying their best to navigate through a truly changed world.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You're mistaken...

Jesus Christ: the same yesterday today and forever.

I said
lol You never do agree with the bible do you.
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Squeaky,

The resurrection occurred, remember.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No body cares what 'You Said'...

What matters is what God said through the Holy Spirit.... what you say is irrevalent.

When you begin every post with 'I said'... it makes you look like a pompous arse.

None are perfect.

You can choose to read or not read, so what is the problem?

LA

Aimiel

I said
(NKJ)

(NKJ)
Neither of those verses disprove the Truth stated in Scripture that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever: in Him dwells the fullness of The Godhead, Bodily. God is not only WITH Him but dwells in Him in His Fulness. Jesus is ALL God is. God is in Him COMPLETELY. He was completely IN Him when He was just a single cell. Think about that: The Infinite God dwelt within a single cell in His Fulness. That's AMAZING!!! :thumb:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither of those verses disprove the Truth stated in Scripture that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever: in Him dwells the fullness of The Godhead, Bodily. God is not only WITH Him but dwells in Him in His Fulness. Jesus is ALL God is. God is in Him COMPLETELY. He was completely IN Him when He was just a single cell. Think about that: The Infinite God dwelt within a single cell in His Fulness. That's AMAZING!!! :thumb:

Not true.

The Bible account is of how God raised up a man in His own likeness according to and by His Word and filled Him with His Spirit without measure, who is the firstborn of/over the new creation.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA

Interplanner

Not true.

The Bible account is of how God raised up a man in His own likeness according to and by His Word and filled Him with His Spirit without measure, who is the firstborn of/over the new creation.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA

LA,
your post is not worth much. You said no to too many solid doctrines, and then you piled a bunch of verses that are sideways. They say nothing for or against the issues raised.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky went down in my rating scale a few points.

His fear and alarm of my beliefs led him to actually come out and say that historical methodology and biblical scholarship is "a deception."

Low information voters; low information believers.

Status
Not open for further replies.