A medical doctor witnesses an icon of Mary weeping tears -- has no doubts.

vanityofvanitys

There is no such thing as a picture of Jesus.

The Rosary didn't appear until 1214... so for most of the history of the RCC the rosary was unknown... and had only been practiced for 300 years when Luther came on the scene by a very small minority of RCC adherants because it wasn't very popular.

Thanks for trying, but why stop there? Finish your assignment (or I should say "god's truth's" assignment.) I asked more than just that.

And what of it, anyway? Is the rosary a blessing for the people or is it inert or is it detrimental? And so paintings of Jesus and Mary are honorable then, and not a sin, right? How about mass and confession? Are Catholics in need of a savior? Do all people go directly to heaven or hell immediately after they die? What about some Hindu mother worshipping Shiva but slaving all her life just to care for her many children and sick neighbors?

HisServant

Thanks for trying, but why stop there? Finish your assignment (or I should say "god's truth's" assignment.) I asked more than just that.

And what of it, anyway? Is the rosary a blessing for the people or is it inert or is it detrimental? And so paintings of Jesus and Mary are honorable then, and not a sin, right? How about mass and confession? Are Catholics in need of a savior? Do all people go directly to heaven or hell immediately after they die? What about some Hindu mother worshipping Shiva but slaving all her life just to care for her many children and sick neighbors?

1.) The Rosary is dangerous because it reduces faith to a repetitive task and people think that by somehow repeating something x amount of times it will gain them favor... it is a work that is not a work that we are supposed to do.. it faces inward instead of outward.

2.) Paintings are a waste of money and talent and should be used to raise money to be distributed to the poor and needy. Nothing man can fashion with his own two hands even remotely approaches Holyness and/or pleases God.

3.) Yes, Catholics need a savior, just like everyone else.

4.) To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord... purgatory is a false doctrine... and is based on works salvation and is further based on Jesus' work on the cross as somehow being incomplete. When God looks at us, he sees his son.. it is his son that bore our sins. Is Jesus sinful and in need of purgatory?

5.) If you believe with all your heart and soul and confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God and that he died and was raised again, you are saved.

vanityofvanitys

1.) The Rosary is dangerous because it reduces faith to a repetitive task and people think that by somehow repeating something x amount of times it will gain them favor... it is a work that is not a work that we are supposed to do.. it faces inward instead of outward.

2.) Paintings are a waste of money and talent and should be used to raise money to be distributed to the poor and needy. Nothing man can fashion with his own two hands even remotely approaches Holyness and/or pleases God.

3.) Yes, Catholics need a savior, just like everyone else.

4.) To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord... purgatory is a false doctrine... and is based on works salvation and is further based on Jesus' work on the cross as somehow being incomplete. When God looks at us, he sees his son.. it is his son that bore our sins. Is Jesus sinful and in need of purgatory?

5.) If you believe with all your heart and soul and confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God and that he died and was raised again, you are saved.

Thanks his servant for your answers. I do not have time to respond today, going golfing. But I will.

#5 answer, however, is a bit vague. I know we are NEVER to judge another soul, but I am not asking you to judge this woman. I am only asking you for a guess of sorts. I mean, there are millions, if not billions, who are not confessing Jesus because they never knew him, or in other cases like the Muslims are so entrenched in their own religion will never have a real opportunity to convert. Are they doomed once past the age of accountability? What's your hunch?

God's Truth

People who avoid direct questions are totally boring. And it speaks volumes, they isolate their beliefs in VERY SELECT Scripture passages which conform so comfortably with their lives only. They are totally afraid to confront more sticky questions and situations. Instead, run to the Bible and find those verses again.

I ask you simple questions. You simply will not answer. Maybe you should run for office... as a liberal.

I do not avoid any question. Ask again what you think I have not answered.

God's Truth

I have found in the Bible that there is just one scripture, if all would believe and obey, could stop false religions and false doctrine from even beginning. Thank You God, Father in heaven, for Your Powerful Word, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Here is a scripture that exposes the Catholic Religion.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means ‘father’. The Catholics even call their Pope ‘Holy Father’. ‘Holy Father’ is a name reserved for God. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other ‘father’. Jesus said not to call any one on earth ‘father’ and that they are all brothers in Christ. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion— the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.

There is no if, and, but, or maybe. Jesus’ word is plain and clear. Now if only we will believe and obey.

HisServant

Thanks his servant for your answers. I do not have time to respond today, going golfing. But I will.

#5 answer, however, is a bit vague. I know we are NEVER to judge another soul, but I am not asking you to judge this woman. I am only asking you for a guess of sorts. I mean, there are millions, if not billions, who are not confessing Jesus because they never knew him, or in other cases like the Muslims are so entrenched in their own religion will never have a real opportunity to convert. Are they doomed once past the age of accountability? What's your hunch?

I don't believe in an age of accountability.. that is an invention of mankind.

As far as the rest, its all there in scripture. God will have mercy on whom he wants.... its his will that will be done, not ours.

FYI, we are all doomed from the moment we are conceived... it is by the grace of God that he has elected some for salvation.

God's Truth

I don't believe in an age of accountability.. that is an invention of mankind.

As far as the rest, its all there in scripture. God will have mercy on whom he wants.... its his will that will be done, not ours.

FYI, we are all doomed from the moment we are conceived... it is by the grace of God that he has elected some for salvation.

Jesus chooses whom he will save, and he chooses those who believe and obey his teachings.

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Who is Jesus pleased to give life? To those who obey his teachings, John 14:23.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:28
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

Why does God chose those things? Because the lowly things are more apt to ask for forgiveness.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
Matthew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

2 John 1:13 The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

God's Truth

Jesus says the Father and he will make their home with those who love him by getting his teachings and obeying them. See John 14:23.
Do you think the Father and Jesus would make their home with people they do not know?
Whom does God know? God knows those who get His teachings and obeys them, see 1 Corinthians 8:3.
"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God's Truth

Jesus saves those he accepts, see Acts 15:8.

Jesus accepts those who do what is right, see Acts 10:35.

Those who do right whom Jesus will save, they are the ones who get his teachings and obeys them, see John 14:23.