Love your neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
yes as Jesus also says John 13:34-35 KJV -
John 13:34-35 KJV - 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

RevTestament

"I don't need to, I'm saved. In fact that would be undesirable to the Lord because that would be a boastful work."

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Nice words. What does it mean to love your neighbor?

It means to see their needs as important as your own. It means that you help them meet their needs when they can't and expect nothing more than a thank you in return regardless of how much help you offer.

Jamie Gigliotti

But according to them that is what Paul means.

I can't for the life of me figure out how they get around what Paul says.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6

I pray that ears are opened to the truth, in Jesus name.

PureX

... And almost immediately, the thread about loving your neighbor falls into pointless bickering about religious dogma.

*sigh* Mankind is doomed.

RevTestament

... And almost immediately, the thread about loving your neighbor falls into pointless bickering about religious dogma.

Just for the record, I am not bickering with Jamie, but we are quite in agreement. We are just showing the faults of an opposing view.
Indeed everyone who has posted on this thread it seems share the conviction that the 2 greatest commandments are quite important. If you have something constructive to add to that by all means....

OCTOBER23

REVTEST DOESN'T NEED TO BE JUDGED BY GOD EITHER FOR NOT DOING

WHAT GOD REQUIRES OF HIM.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala SEE YOU IN HELL lalalalalalalalalalalal

Jamie Gigliotti

If you find that God being love and Him in us moves us to love, and the declared necesity for love by Him a negative (dogma), then my prayers are with you that this reality is made known to you by Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.