Salvation in Jesus Christ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know about salvation in Jesus Christ?

Have you been saved by God in Jesus Christ?

How is a person saved?

What is involved in salvation in Jesus Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is through faith and faith alone.
Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Acts 4:12 NASB - 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Romans 1:16 NASB - 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 10:8-10 NASB - 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Romans 13:11 NASB - 11 Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.

2 Corinthians 7:10 NASB - 10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Ephesians 1:13 NASB - 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 6:17 NASB - 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Philippians 2:12 NASB - 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

1 Thessalonians 5:8-9 NASB - 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

2 Thessalonians 2:13 NASB - 13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

1 Timothy 4:16 NASB - 16 Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.

2 Timothy 2:10 NASB - 10 For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

2 Timothy 3:15 NASB - 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Titus 2:11 NASB - 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

Hebrews 1:14 NASB - 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Hebrews 2:10 NASB - 10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings.

Hebrews 5:9 NASB - 9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

1 Peter 1:5 NASB, 1 Peter 1:9-10 NASB - 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. ... 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls. 10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,

1 Peter 2:2 NASB - 2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,

Jude 1:3 NASB - 3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3:28 NASB - 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

heir

TOL Subscriber

How is a person saved?

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV

Trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the gospel of your salvation (Romans 1:16 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

M. A. Williams

I forgot to mention Grace. Obviously we're saved by the Grace of God but I still stand by faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as the precursor to that Grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I forgot to mention Grace. Obviously we're saved by the Grace of God but I still stand by faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as the precursor to that Grace.
Yes, grace. Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

We are justified by faith and not the works of the Law.

Romans 5:9 NASB - 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

Romans 5:1-2 NASB - 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Bradley D

How is a person saved?

1. Yes, in a detox/mental ward. I was admitted for alcoholic poisoning/near heart failure. I turned 40 years old (1991) and decided that I did not want to die that way in my sins. There was a Gideon's NT there in my room. I read the suggested passages. I have never drank since.

2. I believe one has to have a realization of their sins. A want for change. A turning to Jesus. Repent and Amend one's life.

3. Believe.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1. Yes, in a detox/mental ward. I was admitted for alcoholic poisoning/near heart failure. I turned 40 years old (1991) and decided that I did not want to die that way in my sins. There was a Gideon's NT there in my room. I read the suggested passages. I have never drank since.

2. I believe one has to have a realization of their sins. A want for change. A turning to Jesus. Repent and Amend one's life.

3. Believe.
It is good to hear about what God has done in your life.

Ben Masada

Yes, but, if our faith is not laureate with the works of the Law, it will be as dead as a body without the breath of life. (James 2:26)

Ben Masada

Romans 3:28 NASB - 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

This is absolutely a dangerous doctrine. The Lord has granted us with the attribute of Freewill so that by choice we listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is absolutely a dangerous doctrine. The Lord has granted us with the attribute of Freewill so that by choice we listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)
You have the perfect verses here but you should know Romans 3:28 NASB does not contradict. The point is that a person can be saved by God. No one is saved by the Law, because the Law cannot save (though we should listen to Moses as Jesus said). But God and Jesus can save.