God's Law. What is God's Law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's law is an extension of himself. It is his nature and his character.

Jesus is Gods law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

One might say that Jesus is the epitome of Gods Law.
I believe the Law is good.

Romans 7:12 NASB, Romans 7:16 NASB - 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

1 Timothy 1:8 NASB - 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe the Law is good.

Romans 7:12 NASB, Romans 7:16 NASB - 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

1 Timothy 1:8 NASB - 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,

The law is good because it tells us what God is like.

The law is good because it keeps us from sin.

The law is not good if you try to use it to justify yourself or to try to merit salvation by the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is good because it tells us what God is like.

The law is good because it keeps us from sin.

The law is not good if you try to use it to justify yourself or to try to merit salvation by the law.
I think I understand the sense in which you say the law is good because it keeps us from sin.

Sin is transgression of the law, so the law defines what sin is. Would it be sin without knowing what the law is? Yes.

Knowing what is wrong helps us to make right decisions. But the law also tells us what is right. If we do what is right, we are kept from sin. If we do not do what is wrong, we are kept from sin.

Should we and do we obey the Law as Christians?

Robert Pate

Banned
I think I understand the sense in which you say the law is good because it keeps us from sin.

Sin is transgression of the law, so the law defines what sin is. Would it be sin without knowing what the law is? Yes.

Knowing what is wrong helps us to make right decisions. But the law also tells us what is right. If we do what is right, we are kept from sin. If we do not do what is wrong, we are kept from sin.

Should we and do we obey the Law as Christians?

Paul encourages us to live by Spirit and not by Law.

It appears that the law made Paul want to sin, Romans 7:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul encourages us to live by Spirit and not by Law.

It appears that the law made Paul want to sin, Romans 7:8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
I think you misunderstand.

Romans 7:13 NASB - 13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think you misunderstand.

Romans 7:13 NASB - 13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

Adam and Eve were just doing fine in the garden until God said, "Thou shall not eat of the tree in the midst of the garden".

God introduced the law.

The minute that we are told not to do something, we want to do it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Adam and Eve were just doing fine in the garden until God said, "Thou shall not eat of the tree in the midst of the garden".

God introduced the law.

The minute that we are told not to do something, we want to do it.
I have no problem with God giving us instruction, by command or the Law. If you want to sin against God when He gives you instruction, it is not that anything is wrong with the instruction He has given you. You ought to obey.

In fact, I would say that apart from the sin that is in you you are able to obey God because He has made you able to obey Him. That is, it is possible to obey God, and furthermore He wouldn't ask you to do anything that He does not want you to do or that you are not able to do.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have no problem with God giving us instruction, by command or the Law. If you want to sin against God when He gives you instruction, it is not that anything is wrong with the instruction He has given you. You ought to obey.

In fact, I would say that apart from the sin that is in you you are able to obey God because He has made you able to obey Him. That is, it is possible to obey God, and furthermore He wouldn't ask you to do anything that He does not want you to do or that you are not able to do.

Your dreaming. No one can obey or keep the law. Jesus taught the law to show you that you don't measure up to God's standards.

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.

Read Matthew 5:38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48.

And then tell me that you do all of that and I will show you a hypocrite.

Hawkins

God is incompatible with sin. He however would like to build an eternity to live with humans with freewill. Law is designed to reflect the incompatibility for those with freewill to obey in order to live with God in such an eternity.

Judgment is to qualify by Law who shall enter Heaven to live with God. Somehow Adam broke it and was put outside God's realm. Humans ever since are no longer inside God's realm. Instead we are in a realm where Satan is said to be the god of this world. Satan has the ability to deceive the world. When put in such a realm, no humans can keep this set of Law in full. In front of this absolute set of Law, no one is righteous, everyone is dead without exception.

In an absolute sense, no humans after Adam can ever pass the Judgment of God's Law to enter the gate of Heaven.

God however provides a solution for His Elect to be legitimately brought to Heaven. The solution is Jesus Christ. With Jesus Christ's once and for all sacrifice, it makes possible for God to grant a covenant to humans for them to be savable at all.

A covenant basically says, "since you humans cannot keep God's Law in full, you are give a chosen set of Law (such as Mosaic Law in a covenant granted to the Jews) which you can keep to a standard God specifies such that you will be save by God's Grace through Jesus Christ."

However as time goes by, even this chosen set of Law will put everyone to death, not even the righteous (people of God's Elect) can keep this chosen set of Law. Then God will upgrade the covenant with a newer one which will suppress the effect of Law while increasing the Grace in order for the righteous to be separated from the wicked.

This is done through successive covenants till the His Grace has been increased to 100%. It becomes the last and final and permanent covenant which is called the New Covenant (brought us by Jesus Himself). The chosen set of Law in a covenant disappeared, all we have is God's Grace through Jesus Christ. We only need faith in Christ/God to be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 2:21 NASB - 21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Robert Pate

Banned
God is incompatible with sin. He however would like to build an eternity to live with humans with freewill. Law is designed to reflect the incompatibility for those with freewill to obey in order to live with God in such an eternity.

Judgment is to qualify by Law who shall enter Heaven to live with God. Somehow Adam broke it and was put outside God's realm. Humans ever since are no longer inside God's realm. Instead we are in a realm where Satan is said to be the god of this world. Satan has the ability to deceive the world. When put in such a realm, no humans can keep this set of Law in full. In front of this absolute set of Law, no one is righteous, everyone is dead without exception.

In an absolute sense, no humans after Adam can ever pass the Judgment of God's Law to enter the gate of Heaven.

God however provides a solution for His Elect to be legitimately brought to Heaven. The solution is Jesus Christ. With Jesus Christ's once and for all sacrifice, it makes possible for God to grant a covenant to humans for them to be savable at all.

A covenant basically says, "since you humans cannot keep God's Law in full, you are give a chosen set of Law (such as Mosaic Law in a covenant granted to the Jews) which you can keep to a standard God specifies such that you will be save by God's Grace through Jesus Christ."

However as time goes by, even this chosen set of Law will put everyone to death, not even the righteous (people of God's Elect) can keep this chosen set of Law. Then God will upgrade the covenant with a newer one which will suppress the effect of Law while increasing the Grace in order for the righteous to be separated from the wicked.

This is done through successive covenants till the His Grace has been increased to 100%. It becomes the last and final and permanent covenant which is called the New Covenant (brought us by Jesus Himself). The chosen set of Law in a covenant disappeared, all we have is God's Grace through Jesus Christ. We only need faith in Christ/God to be saved.

Amen to that!

If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus who fulfilled the law for us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your dreaming. No one can obey or keep the law. Jesus taught the law to show you that you don't measure up to God's standards.

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.

Read Matthew 5:38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48.

And then tell me that you do all of that and I will show you a hypocrite.
Here is that a person can actually obey God's commands?

Deuteronomy 30:11 NASB - 11 "For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.

1 John 5:3 NASB - 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Amen to that!

If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus who fulfilled the law for us.
Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Either a person is saved by God's grace or they are not.

Robert Pate

Banned
But this does not make it impossible to obey God. God would not ask us to do anything that we cannot do.

I am afraid that you do not understand what the law is.

God never intended for his people to live according to rules or laws. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live by Faith" Romans 1:17.