Presenting the gospel in light of the Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you present the Law with the gospel? The gospel is not the Law, but is it proper to use the Law or present the Law in your gospel presentation?

It makes sense to observe God's Law. But the Law won't save you, Jesus will.

Should we observe and present the Law?

CherubRam

Do you present the Law with the gospel? The gospel is not the Law, but is it proper to use the Law or present the Law in your gospel presentation?

It makes sense to observe God's Law. But the Law won't save you, Jesus will.

Should we observe and present the Law?

Christ and the disciples preached the keeping of God's commands in their New Covenant message. #4. Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy. Now why would God concern Himself with people remembering what day His Sabbath is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ and the disciples preached the keeping of God's commands in their New Covenant message. #4. Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy. Now why would God concern Himself with people remembering what day His Sabbath is?
When people remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, what are they doing?

Exodus 20:8 NASB - 8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Bradley D

Jesus remarked on the law such as in marriage and divorce. Jesus also criticized the Elders of living an outward observance of the law and not from the heart. Jesus also emphasized the two Great Commandments of Love God and Love Neighbor. If one lives by those two commandments one will be fulfilling the commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus remarked on the law such as in marriage and divorce. Jesus also criticized the Elders of living an outward observance of the law and not from the heart. Jesus also emphasized the two Great Commandments of Love God and Love Neighbor. If one lives by those two commandments one will be fulfilling the commandments.
Would you say we should (observe and present the Law) or that we should not?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I use the sacrificial law to understand Christs gospel and I use law in general to understand that all people are condemned to death apart from christ
I believe you are saying you accept as true what you believe to be a Christian view of the Law.

Bradley D

Would you say we should (observe and present the Law) or that we should not?

The commandments tell me how I should live. Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but He fulfilled the law (Matthew 5:17-19). To me that means Jesus is the only person able to live according to the commandments perfectly. Because Jesus as the Son of God is sinless. Only through Jesus's blood will I be able to stand Judgment in His presence. The apostle Paul's epistles tell me that the law makes me aware of sin.

CherubRam

Well then, for the love of God do you keep His Sabbath?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The commandments tell me how I should live. Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but He fulfilled the law (Matthew 5:17-19). To me that means Jesus is the only person able to live according to the commandments perfectly. Because Jesus as the Son of God is sinless. Only through Jesus's blood will I be able to stand Judgment in His presence. The apostle Paul's epistles tell me that the law makes me aware of sin.
We should talk more about this.

Bradley D

Well then, for the love of God do you keep His Sabbath?

I believe one should keep the Sabbath. Some believe it should be on Saturday and some on Sunday. I believe those that believe it should be kept on Saturday have a point. However, Jesus also pointed out in His miracles on the Sabbath that it was alright to do good on the Sabbath such as healing.

There is a need for certain agencies and peoples to work on the Sabbath. Those are the times we live in. When in the Navy even when out at sea. Sunday was a stand-down day. There was a chapel on the ship and ship Chaplains.

I remember in the 50's/60's when a child/teenager that most stores were closed. Now days everything seems to remain open. I believe Christians should make an extra effort to observe the Sabbath and not go to malls.

I am retired so I do observe the Sabbath. I do not like going out or buying things on Sunday. In the Philippines, where I live, many people do work. The poor I can understand their working for each day they are in search of food. They do not have the luxury of having a weeks worth of food. I believe God understands that.