Hitler could have had eternal life

Dan Emanuel

So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel

ttruscott

The failure of this as theological speculation is that I doubt if GOD would ever let one of HIS sinful elect become so deceived and given over to sin as this.

Satan is restrained by GOD, Pharaoh was restrained by GOD and so indeed all of the people of the kingdom here on earth are also restrained by GOD.

Pharaoh and Satan were both freed from restraint (called the hardening of Pharaoh's heart) to prove to the world but especially the good seed the true eternal nature of their evil, necessitating the judgment. Why would HE remove the restrainer from HIS own elect unless they were so stubborn that only by committing the worst atrocity in history would their eyes be opened to their sin and need for repentance and redemption by the blood?

So theoretically it might be possible but practically there would not seem to be a need for it...allowing ordinary sins is the usual method GOD uses to open our eyes to our sinfulness, giving us the knowledge of OUR good an evil - the knowledge that our good misses the mark and our evil is real and makes us guilty before HIM.

Peace, Ted

Dan Emanuel

So say's Heir:
"As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"​
I agree.
I unconditionally agree.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

The failure of this as theological speculation is that I doubt if GOD would ever let one of HIS sinful elect become so deceived and given over to sin as this.
Thats a different topic though, right?
Satan is restrained by GOD, Pharaoh was restrained by GOD and so indeed all of the people of the kingdom here on earth are also restrained by GOD.

Pharaoh and Satan were both freed from restraint (called the hardening of Pharaoh's heart) to prove to the world but especially the good seed the true eternal nature of their evil, necessitating the judgment. Why would HE remove the restrainer from HIS own elect unless they were so stubborn that only by committing the worst atrocity in history would their eyes be opened to their sin and need for repentance and redemption by the blood?

So theoretically it might be possible but practically there would not seem to be a need for it...allowing ordinary sins is the usual method GOD uses to open our eyes to our sinfulness, giving us the knowledge of OUR good an evil - the knowledge that our good misses the mark and our evil is real and makes us guilty before HIM.

Peace, Ted
Apart from you're Calvinism...I think we agree.

Daniel

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fortunately, the church does not have to put up with this nonsense. Anybody who watches as a man commits murder, or associates with someone who says something akin to OP, is not showing proper judgement.

Dan Emanuel

Fortunately, the church does not have to put up with this nonsense. Anybody who watches as a man commits murder, or associates with someone who says something akin to OP, is not showing proper judgement.
Associate's with Heir?

Daniel

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire

Dan Emanuel

I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire
This is not a thread about theodicy, but if you in any way are condemning God for any of the sin's that we commit, I have to disagree. But if your not, then you're post is fine. :)

Daniel

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
This is not a thread about theodicy, but if you in any way are condemning God for any of the sin's that we commit, I have to disagree. But if your not, then you're post is fine. :)

Daniel

I'm not. He gives each man the ability to make his own choices out of love. Nobody wants to be a robot. Inevitably, some people will make bad decisions with their free will

Dan Emanuel

I'm not. He gives each man the ability to make his own choices out of love. Nobody wants to be a robot. Inevitably, some people will make bad decisions with their free will
I agree, and so does Nick M. (See my "Slogan/motto:")

Daniel

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So say's Heir:
I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel

you're a joke - the reality is, a saved and sealed member of the BOC will never do that - find a new purpose in life -

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fortunately then, the OP is neither advocating murder, nor excusing murder. It is revealing the power of Jesus Christ over sin, and Heirs courage.Daniel

Quote in OP might be courageous, but it is foolhardy first.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Quote in OP might be courageous, but it is foolhardy first.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So say's Heir:

Daniel
Now you know Daniel, that there are a ton of people here who believe that one has to clean up their act to be saved and has to do something to remain saved. They do not associate themselves as ever being the ungodly nor do they believe that while we were yet without strength Christ died for us. They don't understand what happened at the cross nor the position of a member of the Body of Christ as saved and sealed.

IOW, you've gone and done it now!

SaulToPaul 2

So say's Heir:

Daniel

I agree with heir.

Now, get up a search party and scour the earth to see if a single MAD wacko can be found which has ever committed a single murder.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

As I say, quote in OP provides ammunition for those who would slander Christians. I prefer Paul's response to the challenge:

Romans3:5-8
But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
As I say, quote in OP provides ammunition for those who would slander Christians. I prefer Paul's response to the challenge:

Romans3:5-8
But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say.Their condemnation is just.​
Keep reading!

Slanderous reports do not change the glorious fact that even though there are none righteous, ANYONE who has trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) has the righteousness of God by the faith of Jesus Christ upon them (Romans 3:10-22 KJV)! PTL!

What someone does in their flesh (where there dwelleth no good thing) has no bearing on a person's salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!