Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Jerry Shugart

Paul NEVER preached the gospel of the kingdom!

What did Paul mean when he said the following?:

"And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more" (Acts 20:25).​

To whom did he preach that message?

Jerry Shugart

That is the good news, as it is about believing on Jesus to be saved!

Believing what about the Lord Jesus to be saved?

Is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, not a gospel, especially since it brings life to those who believe?:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

God's Truth

Believing what about the Lord Jesus to be saved?

Is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, not a gospel, especially since it brings life to those who believe?:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Believe that you can come to Jesus to have forgiveness of sins.

Danoh

Belief opens the door to God's kingdom.

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15 NKJV)​

Jesus' gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of grace by which a person enters God's family.

That passage is in Mark 1 - some three and a half years or so before He was crucified.

Say you're a 1st Century Jew. All your life you've heard the Law and the Prophets assert that one day the God of your fathers will send a Messiah to deliver your people from their enemies and restore your kingdom under David back to you.

He shows up in your lifetime - three and a half years from His death and resurrection - something you know nothing about as you left your time machine at home.

Anyway, He shows up announcing "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.”

Do you react with, "oh cool, Jesus died for my sins, oh, okay, I believe the gospel that Jesus died for my sins; halleluiah, praise the Lord, oh how I love Jesus and the Bible!"

Or, do you "repent" - change your mind about the God of your fathers they long ago turned their backs on - turn back to Him and "believe the gospel" - being announced by this Jesus - the good news - that "the time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Problem is, you're not a 1st Century Jew - you're a Modern Day Believer whose head has been filled with the ideas of men.

You read - Luke 16:

16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

But this time you scratch your head and actually ask - 'Bible - what do you mean by "were until John?'

"Glad ya asked, son - actually another passages tells ya.'

Matthew 11:

12. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Here, see if this helps - no need to read into things...

John 1:

43. The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
44. Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
45. Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
46. And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.
47. Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
48. Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
49. Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Fact is, there is more than one gospel, or good news "in the Bible."

Luke 24:

21. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22. Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
23. And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24. And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
25. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26. Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Acts 1:

6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost
part of the earth.

Obviously, something took place between Mark 1:15 and Acts 1:7, and again, at Acts 7:51 in light of Matthew 12:30-32.

And you can ask what the heck I am talking about, or you can read those passages and end up at Romans 11:25-29 on your own - just you and the Book.

That your questions then be much more informed ones.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What did Paul mean when he said the following?:

"And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more" (Acts 20:25).​
It's not the "gospel of the kingdom". People around here, sure have problems with the meaning of terms.

heir

TOL Subscriber
fun facts for ya

Is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, not a gospel,
It is referred to as the faith which Saul once destroyed.

Galatians 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

As in:

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Matthew 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

That truth is part of the gospel of God:

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Jerry Shugart

God's Truth,

Earlier I asked you the following question:

And here is your answer:

As usual you evaded my question.

Last edited:

God's Truth

God's Truth,

And here is your answer:

As usual you evaded my question.

I have not evaded anything but evil.

Jerry Shugart

It's not the "gospel of the kingdom". People around here, sure have problems with the meaning of terms.

What was Saul preaching in Jerusalem when he was with the other Apostles?:

"And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him" (Acts 9:26-29).​

Remember, the other Apostles were not aware of the gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles at that time. They did not learn about that gospel until later at the First Jerusalem Council (Acts 15).

So what gospel was being preached at Acts 9:29?

Jerry Shugart

I have not evaded anything but evil.

You did not answer my question so it is obvious to anyone who will use their brain that you did evade it:

And here is your answer:

You are delusional if you think that you answered my question.

God's Truth

You did not answer my question so it is obvious to anyone who will use their brain that you did evade it:

And here is your answer:

You are delusional if you think that you answered my question.

I answered your question. Some people just cannot see.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul NEVER preached the gospel of the kingdom!

Are you sure?

It is written, "And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying, 'We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.'"

Isn't it obvious that Paul preached the kingdom of God to the congregations in Gentile communities?

But what about Jews?

So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.
(Acts 28:23 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)​

If you are forbidding Paul to preach the kingdom of God to Jews and Gentiles you're too late. It's already done.

Jerry Shugart

I answered your question. Some people just cannot see.

You are delusional. Here is my question again:

Is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, not a gospel, especially since it brings life to those who believe?

Here is the only thing which you said and that does not answer my question:

That does not answer my question.

God's Truth

You are delusional. Here is my question again:
You should be more careful how you judge.

Is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, not a gospel, especially since it brings life to those who believe?

Here is the only thing which you said and that does not answer my question:

That does not answer my question.

I did answer you. You just did not like the answer.

Jesus is the good news. Believe in Jesus.

Danoh

What was Saul preaching in Jerusalem when he was with the other Apostles?:

"And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him" (Acts 9:26-29).​

Remember, the other Apostles were not aware of the gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles at that time. They did not learn about that gospel until later at the First Jerusalem Council (Acts 15).

So what gospel was being preached at Acts 9:29?

Being that Paul just returned from Arabia together with the witness of his writings to these various people; often as a reminder to them of what he had shared with them; I'd say he preached the Jesus Christ of Romans 1-16 and Ephesians 1-6.

Zeke

Paul NEVER preached the gospel of the kingdom! He could not have even been forgiven under it!

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

It's one of the reasons we know that the Lord was going to do something different and showed it by the saving of Paul (then Saul).

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

You don't even grasped what and where the Kingdom is! Luke 17:20-21 matches the Human body being the temple of the Spirit (Jesus Motif) which Paul certainly stated was the case, the exoteric veil of the literal interpretation kills the spiritual allegory that Paul also remarked about 2Cor 3:6 and Galatians 4:24-26.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You don't even grasped what and where the Kingdom is! Luke 17:20-21 matches the Human body being the temple of the Spirit (Jesus Motif) which Paul certainly stated was the case, the exoteric veil of the literal interpretation kills the spiritual allegory that Paul also remarked about 2Cor 3:6 and Galatians 4:24-26.

Your head isn't twisted on tight enough! I believe you're
continually losing "Grey Matter."