Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When do you say that Paul immediately went to Arabia:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17; NIV).​

Right after he regained his sight.

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Luke does not mention the trip into Arabia by Paul.

He may not have even known about it.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes but, after 3 years Paul went up to Jerusalem. (Gal. 1:18)

Sure did.

For the first time after seeing Jesus.

The only thing unclear is, did Paul mean he was in Damascus preaching for 3 years before being lowered over the wall, or does that 3 years include his trip into Arabia.

We know he went to Arabia then RETURNED to Damascus.

Ben Masada

Why do you claim to be an expert on the NT and then deny the teaching found there?

You are the most mixed-up person I have seen on this forum.

That's the reason why I cannot adopt the NT; because I have read it more than several times and I find no truth in the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jews who go for it lack the knowledge of both, the Tanach and the NT.

Ben Masada

Sure did.

For the first time after seeing Jesus.

The only thing unclear is, did Paul mean he was in Damascus preaching for 3 years before being lowered over the wall, or does that 3 years include his trip into Arabia.

We know he went to Arabia then RETURNED to Damascus.

Paul never saw Jesus. He was still a teenager watching the robes of those executing Stephen which was about 10 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 7:58)

Yes, Paul meant he was in Damascus. Damascus and Arabia, but especially in Damascus because of the larger number of Jewish synagogues. That's why he had gone to Damascus for. (Acts 9:1,2; Gal. 1:17)

Jerry Shugart

That's the reason why I cannot adopt the NT; because I have read it more than several times and I find no truth in the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jews who go for it lack the knowledge of both, the Tanach and the NT.

How can you expect to find truth since you cannot even understand what you are reading? And I have proven to you more than once that Paul did not teach replacement theology.

You cannot understand the most simple things because your spiritual IQ is ZERO.

Ben Masada

How can you expect to find truth since you cannot even understand what you are reading? And I have proven to you more than once that Paul did not teach replacement theology.

You cannot understand the most simple things because your spiritual IQ is ZERO.

That's exactly what I thought about you. Either that or you have never read the whole of the NT.

Jerry Shugart

That's exactly what I thought about you. Either that or you have never read the whole of the NT.

You might have read the NT but it is obvious that you could not understand it.

The term "Christian" comes from the gospel of Paul who used to teach that Jesus was Christ. (Acts 11:26)

The term Christian is found only in the book of Acts and in Peter's first epistle.

Sooner or later you are bound to get something right about the NT.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's the reason why I cannot adopt the NT; because I have read it more than several times and I find no truth in the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jews who go for it llack the knowledge of both, the Tanach and the NT.

i see - you might be right about the knowledge or lack thereof -

Romans 10:1 KJV -

Romans 10:2 KJV - For I bear them record that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:3 KJV -

Romans 10:4 KJV -

Romans 10:5 KJV - Romans 10:6-7 KJV - Romans 10:8-9 KJV -

Romans 10:10 KJV - Romans 10:11 KJV

Romans 10:12 KJV - For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.

Zeke

When he says he later returned to Damascus, that means he had IMMEDIATELY departed from Damascus into Arabia.

No side trip to Jerusalem.

Wayne Lamar Harrington exposed the Acts letter for the fraud that it is, Its a sucker punch to the dispensation folks who base their dogma on that letter, when the only divide in the scripture is 2Cor 3:6, literal vs symbols/allegory Galatians 4:24.

Jerry Shugart

Did Luke say immediately or did you just assume that?

Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

The use of the word "then" indicates that after receiving his sight Paul then was with the disciples in Damascus:

"And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus" (Acts 9:19).​

If there was a trip to Arabia between the events of the first sentence and the events of the second sentence then I cannot imagine why the word "then" would be used.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the Bibles says Paul did not confer with anyone -

Galatians 1:11-13 KJV -

Galatians 1:14-15 KJV -

Galatians 1:16 KJV - Galatians 1:17-18 KJV - Galatians 1:19-20

Galatians 1:21-22 KJV -

Galatians 1:23-24 KJV -

Galatians 2:1 KJV -

Galatians 2:2 KJV - Galatians 2:11 KJV -

Galatians 2:21 KJV -

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The use of the word "then" indicates that after receiving his sight Paul then was with the disciples in Damascus:

"And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus" (Acts 9:19).​

If there was a trip to Arabia between the events of the first sentence and the events of the second sentence then I cannot imagine why the word "then" would be used.

You callin' Paul a liar?

Galatians 1:19-20

Danoh

Because "then" is being used in the same sense as to order in time as you have just used it - "if there was a trip to Arabia between the events of the first sentence and the events of the second sentence then I cannot imagine why the word 'then' would be used."

Acts 9:
19. And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
20. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Reading that, as is, some could understand it to mean that Luke is continuing the sense of 19a's thought - "And when he received meat and was strengthened" as being the same in time as 19b's "Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus."

If such were the case, he would have said "Then he was certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus," not “Then was Saul certain days…"

But he is not talking about the same period of time, rather, about a time that began at some point after… in fact, such is the case as to different periods of time in several places within both Luke’s and Paul’s narrative as to this.

The following is a combining of Acts 9 and Galatians 1 into one commentary. Its words are their own…

"…when he received meat, he was strengthened...went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus... Then was Saul certain days at Damascus... And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God....Then... after many days were fulfilled... after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days… And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.... But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother… But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus….

...Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me.... Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied..."