Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All you did was evade my question.

Here it is again:

Are you willing to argue that this "good news" which saves is not a gospel?

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” (Matthew 8:29 NKJV)​

Even demons believe Jesus is the Son of God, but that doesn't save them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Are you willing to argue that this "good news" which saves is not a gospel?​

huh?

the gospel is literally
good news
and
the good news is that you can be saved

can be saved
if
you play your cards right

before Jesus suffered and died

you could not be saved

period​

Jerry Shugart

And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” (Matthew 8:29 NKJV)​

Even demons believe Jesus is the Son of God, but that doesn't save them.

Yes, but the gospel is for people. Do you believe that a person receives life and therefore saved when he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

Zeke

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

The term being raised from the dead being the new birth from above Galatians 4:26, Plus the literal take on the graves being opened in Matthew 27:51-53 is suspect seeing the timing is before Christ is said to have resurrected on the third day (yet most versions try and make it happen then, in Verse 53) so this would have to be spiritual and related to the conversation with Nick John 3:6, John 3:3, goes with Luke 17:20-21 and the way it is done in through the third eye or peniel gland Gen 32:30.

Galatians 4:24, = 2Cor 3:6, etc....................

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but the gospel is for people. Do you believe that a person receives life and therefore saved when he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31)

Belief opens the door to God's kingdom.

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15 NKJV)​

Jesus' gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of grace by which a person enters God's family.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, but the gospel is for people. Do you believe that a person receives life and therefore saved when he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
It wasn't enough to save the Romans who already had a faith (Romans 1:1-4 KJV, Romans 1:8 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am, but the scapular seems like a nice insurance policy.
I'll stick with being sealed as my guarantee! :D

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus' gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of grace by which a person enters God's family.
I hope that you will search this out, but the gospel of the kingdom did NOT include that "Christ died for our sins" which is paramount to your salvation as the gospel of Christ/ the why of the cross is the power of God to save you!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

God's Truth

They all preached resurrection, is the point!

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

Jesus preached resurrection too while he was on earth.

It is all the one and only gospel, and that is believe and obey God.

Even the thief on the cross new JESUS WAS GOING TO LIVE ON AFTER JESUS' DEATH ON THE CROSS!

Luke 23:42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

God's Truth

All you did was evade my question.

Here it is again:

Are you willing to argue that this "good news" which saves is not a gospel?

I did no such thing.

That is the good news, as it is about believing on Jesus to be saved!

How many times do you have to have it said to you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I hope that you will search this out, but the gospel of the kingdom did NOT include that "Christ died for our sins" which is paramount to your salvation as the gospel of Christ/ the why of the cross is the power of God to save you!

Of course Jesus' gospel is based on salvation which is why Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Jesus said those who are born of the flesh are sarx (flesh) and those who are born of the Spirit are pneuma (spirit)

God's Truth

Why would John use the present tense (takes away sin) if he was referring to what was going to happen at the Cross.

Jesus forgave sins even when he walked the earth as a Man.

Luke 7:49 The other guests began to say among themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"
And if the Jews knew that the Lord Jesus was going to die to take away sins then why did those closest to Him not even know that He was going to die (Lk.18:33-34)?

Just because people had to be taught does not mean there is a different gospel.

The woman at the well and the people of her town knew Jesus is the Savior of the world.

John the baptizer proclaimed that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

The Jews knew what a sacrificial lamb was for.

God's Truth

so you are not sure
that
you are saved?

If you do not know if you are saved, then you probably are not saved.

Sad thing about the Catholics never really knowing God.

I wish I could have known what I do now and at least would have tried to help my parents while they were still alive.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Of course Jesus' gospel is based on salvation which is why Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Jesus said those who are born of the flesh are sarx (flesh) and those who are born of the Spirit are pneuma (spirit)

Paul NEVER preached the gospel of the kingdom! He could not have even been forgiven under it!

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

It's one of the reasons we know that the Lord was going to do something different and showed it by the saving of Paul (then Saul).

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.