Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Right Divider

Body part
Responses of a 'true' Christian...
I don't think that you know anything about a true Christian.

It's very immature to belittle people. People who tear others down do so to build themselves up and RD and a few others are pros at it.
LA is an unbeliever who is here to spout nonsense. There is nothing wrong with being DIRECT about my response to it.

What you and several others need is a sensible hermeneutic. If you did have one you would debunk your own teachings.
My understanding of the scripture is just fine. You and LA need help.

I assume you're talking about 1 Peter 2:9. People who continually get things wrong usually pay NO attention to context. Verse 6 says,

...Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Jesus is the 'cornerstone' of the Church, and the word 'elect' always refers to Christians, angels, or Jesus Christ in the NT. Anything else is 'contrived' or fabricated.
Jesus is many things and there are many 'churches' in the Bible.

Throughout Peter's ministry, he quotes OLD COVENANT promises and prophecies regarding ISRAEL. That may be difficult for you to follow, but it's a fact.

Verse 10 actually debunks your beliefs about verse 9!

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The word 'chosen' is the word, 'eklektos'...
Oh goody, another Greek expert.

Peter is QUOTING from Exodus 19 which is about Israel and God's plans for them.

picked out, chosen
chosen by God,
to obtain salvation through Christ
Christians are called "chosen or elect" of God
...applied to certain individual Christians
Someones lovely opinion does not change the fact that Peter is writing to the twelve tribes of which he is ONE of the JUDGES of.

Gesenius says about the word 'nation' or 'ethnos' in 2 Peter 2:9....

a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
a company, troop, swarm
a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
the human family
a tribe, nation, people group.
I don't really care what Gesenius says.

Strong's says about 'people' in 2 Peter 2:9...
a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of the same stock and language
of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere
Strong's ain't scripture either.

Gesenius says about the word 'holy' in 1 Peter 2:9...

...of persons whose services God employs, as for example, apostles angels.
For example, 1 Tim. 3:13, Mt. 25:31, Rev. 14:10, Acts 3:21.
None of this proves anything, it's just your fun with words.

Bottom line...

Peter is telling us that the things which once belonged to Israel now belongs to every Christian.
You could not possibly be more wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
Don't be a 'sore' loser. Of course you don't agree with people like Vines, Gesenius, Strong's, Wuest, Bakers, etc. who spent their lives working on understanding God's Word. Every resource I have (in book form) disagrees with you. I'm just showing you the definition of the words in the text.

I'm not sure what you believe about "the little flock" but it's almost funny how you disregard context or the meaning of the words within it.

Luke 12:31 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Did you notice the previous verse...

But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. How does that have anything to do with Israel?
Because Israel is the leader of the nations in the kingdom of God when is DOES come. The KING of Israel is Jesus Christ and HE will sit on His throne in the kingdom. That throne will be in Jerusalem. It's all in the Bible. Read about it.

The word flock is used five times in the NT and EVERY time it refers to Christ disciples or Christians in a church.

Vines says,

...used in the NT only metaphorically, of a group of Christ's disciples, Luk 12:32; of local churches cared for by elders, Act 20:28, 29; 1Pe 5:2, 3.

Strong's....

a flock (esp.) of sheep
a group of Christ's disciples
bodies of Christian (churches) presided over by elders
Maybe it has escaped your notice that EVERYONE in the 'little flock" was an ISRAELITE.

And you have the nerve to accuse others of contriving.
I was correct and you are confused.

Have I made it onto any of the other categories of your book of life?
I do not have a "book of life", just a list of confused people who refuse to read the Bible and see its plain and simple teaching.

God is NOT through with Israel and the Bible is VERY clear on this subject. See Romans 11.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Paul does not say this specifically, but his earlier confrontation with Peter was probably ironed out with little difficulty.

But to me it is OBVIOUS that the two had a serious conflict. And Paul sometime referred to Peter and Jesus’s brother sarcastically as the “super apostles.”
Paul desperately wanted approval even though he admitted he was the one who was chosen last. I see evidence throughout his letters that indicate he felt on the outside at times.

If he DID meet with some of Jesus’s actual followers in Jerusalem, their conflict was no doubt ironed out with both disputants--otherwise Paul could not continue his message “to the nations” without suffering a profound loss of integrity.

Right Divider

Body part
Luke 12:30-32
"For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

B57 said,
You don't even know who you're replying to.

In verse 30 Jesus is talking about "the nations" which is better translated 'people.' But in verse 32, you say he's talking only about Israelites?
Oh goody, another Bible correcter. Indeed the LITTLE FLOCK was made up ENTIRELY of people from the NATION of ISRAEL. They were lead by the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes. Do you think that THEY were Israelites?

According to every lexicon YOU or I can provide, the word 'nations' is... PEOPLE
You seem to worship these lexicons and want to 'fix' the Bible.

You should try believing the BIBLE instead.

In every lexicon you or I can provide the word 'little flock' always refers to...

a group of Christ's disciples. OR
No, again.... the LITTLE FLOCK refers to ONE SPECIFIC group of people of Israel that were believers, that when the leadership of Israel failed, they were promised the kingdom (which God had ALWAYS promised to Israel).

Israelites are not specified whatsoever.
You believe this because you are completely ignorant of the context surrounding Jesus' earthly ministry to the CIRCUMCISION.
Rom 15:8-12 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: (9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
Go back to the OT and look up those promises. You might actually learn something.

The context has escaped your notice. Did you notice verse 1?

In the meantime, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

After a few parables Jesus said,

Luke 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

Jesus was talking to his disciples while the 'multitude' was present. And!

Not all of Jesus disciples were Israelites!
Name ONE that was not either an Israelite or a proselyte.

A disciple is one who follows anothers teachings....
a learner, pupil, disciple

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G3101&t=KJV

If Luke or any other disciple wanted to infer Israelites, they would have used the word "Israelite!"...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2475&t=KJV

an Israelite, one of the nation of Israel, a name to be held in honour

In fact Luke wasn't a Jew anyway!
It idea that Luke was a gentile is dumb and not supported by scripture. Do you really think 64 books of the Bible were written by Jews/Hebrews and TWO were written by a gentile (who was NOT even the apostle of the gentiles -- Paul)? No, they were ALL written by God's chosen people. God entrusted THEM with the oracles of God.
Rom 3:1-2 KJV What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? (2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The book of 1 Peter is saturated with Israel-isms.

All Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews.

If you understood that you wouldn't be so confused.

(1 Peter 2:10 KJV) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

It's impossible that Peter was addressing Jews in the above verse.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

True.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
That's because I made a mistake. The two of you are the same. I think B57 is a misled Calvinist just like you.
I am NOT a Calvinist; you are wrong yet again.

This really does show that you have NO discernment whatsoever!

The purpose is to fix your blunders. And obviously, not only do you NOT have a hermeneutic, you don't know what one is!
Your comments were on HOW the Bible should have been translated! Don't try to weasel out of it now.

AND! I have my limits as to how much time I'm going to spend correcting one of the most misled members of the forum.
Ever the backwards person, you are.

Luke was from Syria. He wasn't a Jew.
And Saul/Paul was from Tarsus. Does this make him a gentile as well?

Where someone is from is no proof of a persons linage. Once again, this type of 'evidence' is extremely questionable. There is FAR more real evidence to indicate that Luke was NOT a gentile (some of which you were shown, but conveniently ignored).

Luke the Evangelist (Ancient Greek: Λουκᾶς, Loukãs) is one of the Four Evangelists—the four authors of canonical Gospels of Jesus Christ. Luke was a native of the Hellenistic city of Antioch in Syria....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_the_Evangelist
Ah yes, the all mighty wikipedia.

From your beloved wikipedia article:
It is believed by many scholars that Luke was a Greek physician who lived in the Greek city of Antioch in Ancient Syria, though some other scholars and theologians think Luke was a Hellenic Jew.[2][3]
It is FAR more likely that the 'some other scholars and theologians' are right on this one. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Right Divider

Body part
All Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews.

If you understood that you wouldn't be so confused.

(1 Peter 2:10 KJV) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

It's impossible that Peter was addressing Jews in the above verse.
He is addressing the remnant of believing Israel to which the kingdom was given after being taken from the unbelieving "leadership" of the nation.
Mat 21:42-44 KJV Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? (43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (44) And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Luk 12:32 KJV Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
2+2=4

It's real simple. Even you should be able to understand it.

Ben Masada

1 - Scriptures from the Old Testament about the resurrection:

2 - Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 - Isaiah 26:19 But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

4 - Isaiah 25:8 he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

5 - Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

1 - There ain't.

2 - To understand Dan. 12:2, you must first read Isa. 53:8,9. When Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the Gentiles. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's the case with the Dry Bones of Ezek. 37:12. That's what bodily resurrection is in the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

3 - That's the same as in Isa. 53:8,9; Dan. 12:2; and Ezek. 37:12.

4 - "To remove His People's disgrace" is to bring them back to the Land of Israel after exile.

5 - The reference is to "after being healed from Job's skin disease, he would have also his relation with God recovered."

God's Truth

1 - There ain't.

2 - To understand Dan. 12:2, you must first read Isa. 53:8,9. When Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the Gentiles. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's the case with the Dry Bones of Ezek. 37:12. That's what bodily resurrection is in the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

3 - That's the same as in Isa. 53:8,9; Dan. 12:2; and Ezek. 37:12.

4 - "To remove His People's disgrace" is to bring them back to the Land of Israel after exile.

5 - The reference is to "after being healed from Job's skin disease, he would have also his relation with God recovered."

The Old Testament is about earthy things...the Spiritual, Jesus Christ, was kept hidden.

Jesus came and has shown us the way.

Jesus is the mystery made known.

The whole Old Testament is about Jesus Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In a previous thread started by heir, heir closed the thread because she knows that 2 Peter 3 completely destroys her "two gospel" theory.

Here is the post that upset heir so much, that she closed the thread:

Paul said the following to the Galatians:

(Gal 1:8 KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Peter also wrote an epistle to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1 KJV) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to heir, Peter's epistle to the Galatians is a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

But, Paul tells the Galatians if anyone preaches a different gospel he preached to them, that they are to be accursed.

So, pretend your a Galatian in Galatia circa 55AD. A letter comes to your city from the Apostle Paul, and the letter says that if anyone preaches a different gospel, they are to be accursed. Then a letter comes to your city from Peter (that heir claims is a different gospel).

If what heir claims is true, then Peter, and anyone who preached what Peter sent to the Galatians would be accursed if it was really a different gospel (heir's claim)

So, it's impossible that Peter and Paul preached different gospels to the Galatians. Yet, that is what heir claims.

heir likes to quote 1 Cor 15:1-4, but she apparently doesn't read past verse 4

(1 Cor 15:11 KJV) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

You have some good points there.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He is addressing the remnant of believing Israel to which the kingdom was given after being taken from the unbelieving "leadership" of the nation.
Mat 21:42-44 KJV Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? (43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (44) And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Luk 12:32 KJV Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
2+2=4

It's real simple. Even you should be able to understand it.

Tet's only stuck on Darby.