Passover Blood Moon Preceded by Exceedingly Rare Solar Eclipse

musterion

One of the most secure jobs a person can have....end times preacher. Everything is always "just around the corner", "soon", and "imminent", and there's little to no standards for accuracy or precision.

Yes, exactly as was foretold. You won't believe that but it's true.

But your side has its own version...warming hypists, ice age hypists, meteor strike hypists, AI hypists, BPA hypists, fluoridation hypists...etc etc

musterion

You're not helping anyone, least of all yourself. You're opposing yourself. You'll realize that someday.

Jose Fly

I'm not an atheist...more of an apatheist. So joking aside, I suppose it's not really possible for me to be "right" in the sense you're thinking.

But if there are gods, I'd hope they value and reward good thinking, rationalism, curiosity, and compassion more than strict adherence to dogma.

musterion

I'm not an atheist...more of an apatheist. So joking aside, I suppose it's not really possible for me to be "right" in the sense you're thinking.

True.

But if there are gods, I'd hope they value and reward good thinking, rationalism, curiosity, and compassion more than strict adherence to dogma.
And if there are no such gods, you're default hope must be that the atheists are correct. Fair enough?

Jose Fly

And if there are no such gods, you're default hope must be that the atheists are correct. Fair enough?
No, not really. I understand the appeal of not really dying and continuing on to exist in some ethereal plane. On a purely selfish and emotional level, that's preferable to just ceasing to exist. I think that's the basis of most religion...not wanting to really die.

So if the gods I mentioned don't exist, there are almost an infinite number of other possibilities to hope for.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I hear you, Rock, but celestial signs in themselves are nothing new. I'm not saying we shouldn't consider such things (as long as looking for possible signs of Christ's return doesn't supplant the believer's looking to Christ Himself as our focus). My problem is with crap like the Blood Moon hype that makes merchandise of gullible believers (and unbelievers), which is then promptly ignored when it doesn't pan out. The believers seem to pretend it never happened and move on to the next big ear-tickling fad. The unbelievers say "See? More Bible hokum, the whole thing is false." God is not glorified by any of it, imo.

That said, THIS (lead article on the Temple) is the kind of stuff that starts to get my attention:

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/fcnn_16_13.html

I agree, I was just pointing out that we should be watching and took notice that SD is, which I give her kudos for. BTW, interesting article surely the times are upon us, and it is exciting to watch as biblical prophecy continues to unfold.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...But if there are gods, I'd hope they value and reward good thinking, rationalism, curiosity, and compassion more than strict adherence to dogma.

smileys-alarm-clock-067531.gif

The age of grace is coming to an end. Tick, tick, tick...Good luck with that. :popcorn:

"“The Day of the Lord” referred to in 2 Thessalonians is that period of tribulation that comes to the earth after the church has been raptured." :rapture: Wiersbe, W. W. (1992). Wiersbe’s expository outlines on the New Testament (p. 591). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.