The Holy Spirit Convicts Us

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit Convicts Us.

1 Tim 1:5
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:8-14
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
Jude 1:15
15 "to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
Titus 1:9
9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
1 Tim 3:9
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
1 Tim 3:14-16
14 These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly;
15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
1 Tim 4:1-9
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed.
7 But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness.
8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:9-16
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
2 Tim 4:2-5
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
(NKJ)
xxx The Holy Spirit is sent to convict you of sin. But if you sin there is unclean spirits in you. And they dont want you to hear the truth, because if you believe the truth they must leave you. So when you get convicted they will lie to you from inside you. If something you read in the Word of God arouses an emotion that is an unclean spirit.

James 4:6-8
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 Cor 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The reason people don't want to talk bible with the bible is because when they read the bible it convicts them.

OCTOBER23

We are all a bunch of Convicts who deserve DEATH.

Praise be to God who has sent us a REDEEMER.
-----------------------------------------------------
Psalms 136:24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:

for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book,

and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God

by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We are all a bunch of Convicts who deserve DEATH.

Praise be to God who has sent us a REDEEMER.
-----------------------------------------------------
Psalms 136:24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:

for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book,

and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God

by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

I said
ONLY CHRISTIANS IF? ONLY LOVED IF? IF IS A CONDITION

Heb 3:5-6
5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
Eph 4:21
21 IF indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
1 Pet 4:17-18
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and IF it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now "IF the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
Heb 3:14
14 For we have become partakers of Christ IF we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
I Jn 1:8-10
8 IF we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 IF we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
John 15:10
10 "IF you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends IF you do whatever I command you.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For IF you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But IF you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
I Jn 5:3-4
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: IF anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and IF anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(NKJ)Col 1:23
23 IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(NKJ)
xxx The IF's in the Word of God are conditions of love. There is no such thing as unconditional love. God says He will(not is) but will be a Father to us. If has always been one of the biggest conditions for love in God. God will love you IF.

2 Cor 6:14-18
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

2 Pet 1:5-10
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
(NKJ)

Gal 3:29
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

John 15:7
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

OCTOBER23

SQUEAKY,

There are NO CONVICTS in the bible .
------------------------------------------

John 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience,

went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:

and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR YOU INFORMATION THE HOLY SPIRIT / COMFORTER

BRINGS TO REMEMBRANCE YOUR WEAKNESSES AND BAD THOUGHTS

FOR YOU TO ELIMINATE AND OVERCOME THEM.
----------------------------------------------------------

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SQUEAKY,

There are NO CONVICTS in the bible .
------------------------------------------

John 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience,

went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:

and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR YOU INFORMATION THE HOLY SPIRIT / COMFORTER

BRINGS TO REMEMBRANCE YOUR WEAKNESSES AND BAD THOUGHTS

FOR YOU TO ELIMINATE AND OVERCOME THEM.
----------------------------------------------------------

I said
The Holy Spirit only brings to remembrance the verses.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel your being convicted by the Word of God. Humble yourself to the Word and repent.

Luke 5:32
32 "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
CONSCIENCE (pure verse) (BOOK OF BELIEFS IN YOUR MIND)
Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Eph 4:1-6
1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Heb 10:1-2
1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.
1 Pet 3:21
21 There is also an antitype which now saves us-- baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1 Pet 3:16
16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1 Pet 2:21
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
Rom 3:19
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
James 1:25
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
John 3:5
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Heb 2:18
18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
1 Cor 12:12
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
John 12:48
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
John 13:13
13 "You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am.
Heb 10:22
22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
Rom 15:16
16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
1 Cor 2:13
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
Titus 1:15
15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.
2 Cor 5:11
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
2 Cor 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
1 Pet 3:21
21 There is also an antitype which now saves us-- baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
I Jn 3:3
3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
Rom 2:12-16
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
Heb 10:15-16
15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
2 Cor 5:10-11
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
(NKJ)
xxx Your conscience is where you put all your beliefs. Your conscience is your book of beliefs in your mind. Your conscience is where the Holy Spirit looks for verses to bring to remembrance, if you dont have any verses in your book of beliefs the Holy Spirit cant bring it to remembrance. Everyone has a guilty conscience if they go against their beliefs. But if your conscience is full of carnality and phooney excuses(evil conscience) then you won't ever be convicted by your conscience. But if your conscience is full of verses then the Holy Spirit can bring one to remembrance to convict you. You need convicted for reason to submit to the Word.

1 Cor 15:1-3
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-- unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
(NKJ)
1 Cor 15:1-3
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you know that the Holy Spirit cant convict you unless your a believer. And only then if you have a spiritual conscience. He will never work through your emotions. He will only quote a verse from the new testament that you have put in your conscience as a belief.

(NKJ)

Heb 10:22
22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If your not being convicted by the verses(The Word Of God) its because you don't believe them verses. If you don't believe them verses, you have an evil conscience. Belief system.

Word based mystic

((((Do you know that the Holy Spirit cant convict you unless your a believer)))). And only then if you have a spiritual conscience. He will never work through your emotions. He will only quote a verse from the new testament that you have put in your conscience as a belief.

correction to wrong supposition

you are not hearing or understanding the scripture. directly contradicting this scripture.
referring to the Holy spirit convicting.

And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, (((because they do not believe in Me))); 10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me

i am truly amazed sometimes where this stuff you speak of comes from.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
((((Do you know that the Holy Spirit cant convict you unless your a believer)))). And only then if you have a spiritual conscience. He will never work through your emotions. He will only quote a verse from the new testament that you have put in your conscience as a belief.

correction to wrong supposition

you are not hearing or understanding the scripture. directly contradicting this scripture.
referring to the Holy spirit convicting.

And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, (((because they do not believe in Me))); 10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me

i am truly amazed sometimes where this stuff you speak of comes from.

I said
Well think about it. The Holy Spirit has been here for 2000 years trying to convict the world and hasn't done it yet. He can only convict a believer in the Word.

Word based mystic

I said
Well think about it. The Holy Spirit has been here for 2000 years trying to convict the world and hasn't done it yet. He can only convict a believer in the Word.

the below scripture directly contradicts (your idea)
john 16:8-9 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10and concerning righteousness,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
the below scripture directly contradicts (your idea)
john 16:8-9 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10and concerning righteousness,

I said
It proves my point. Only us believers know that the world is evil and condemned. That is why this world must be burnt up.

2 Pet 3:10-12
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
(NKJ)

I think the problem is in the way your looking at that verse. Only believers have the Holy Spirit. So to each one who has the Holy Spirit, He will convict the world and the way it is.

Rom 3:19
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
(NKJ)

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If your not being convicted by the Holy Spirit(verses) your not believing the Word of God and your not walking after the Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lack of conviction = deception.

Ever feel convicted, Squeaky?

I said
No I don't ever feel convicted. I have crucified my emotions and feelings. But I do get convicted by the Holy Spirit almost daily. And I repent almost daily. The devil is always there giving his opinion. I get a lot of the same thoughts from the devil that you do. The difference is the Holy Spirit reveals it to me with a verse. So I don't let it out of my mouth.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)