There is no Hell

CherubRam

In regards to: The Rich Man and Lazarus. Luke 16:19-31

Theophilus is the name or honorary title of the person to whom the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles are addressed (Luke 1:3, Acts 1:1)

It is unanimously agreed that both Luke and Acts were originally written in Koine Greek, and that "Theophilos," as it appears therein, means friend of God or (be)loved by God or loving God in the Greek language.

No one knows the true identity of Theophilus who wrote the story, and there are more than several conjectures and traditions around an identity.
In all there are about eight traditions based upon that story. Again I say: Hell has never been a doctrinal belief in Judaism.

Don't you think if Yahshua was to introduce a new doctrine that he would at least explain the story?

Hades ( /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης), Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen") was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. The genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative came to designate the abode of the dead.

In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto. The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods, Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita. Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness, the bident and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.

KJV
Revelation 20:10

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

The words "torment throughout eternity" is not relevant, because in the second death, hades and death are done away with. Most likely the word "grave" was replaced with the word "Hades."

In English usage the word "Hades" first appears around 1600, as a term used to explain the article in the Apostles' Creed, "He descended into hell", where the place of waiting (the place of "the spirits in prison" 1 Peter 3:19 KJV) into which Yahshua is there affirmed to have gone after the Crucifixion needed to be distinguished from what had come to be more usually called "hell," the place or state of those finally damned.

God does not torture living beings in Hell.

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Since Hell or Hades are done away with, there can be no eternal punishment, other than the condemed are cut off from the living for all eternity. Do you see what I am saying? In other words there is no one alive in a place called Hades. Scriptures say that God takes their life away from them. If there were a place called Hades with living being in it, then God lied, and the serpent told the truth.

I'm making a point, and I am not calling God a liar.

Because people die, unless saved by God, that means that life in Hades is a lie of the serpent. The serpent doctrine is that there is life in Hades, and people are being tortured for all eternity. That is a lie. Scriptures are written in such a way that they are self-correcting. The Catholics were from the Gnostic mystery schools, they believed in Hell and Trinitarianism. The Catholics killed off the original Christians, and replaced their scriptures with their own versions.

Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.
Scripture is God's truth.

Catholic Gnosticism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

Just a reminder that it was the Catholic Church that canonized scripture.

The Rich Man And Lazarus With Commentary.
Luke 16:19. "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
Wealth, comfort, poverty, and suffering have nothing to do with a person’s salvation.

22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
The word messenger is replaced with the word angel. And assuming that this is a parable, there would be no need for Lazarus to be carried to Abraham, and before the resurrection. As for being in Hell and torment and agony; that contradicts the verse that says the dead know nothing. It also is a contradiction where scripture says that Yahwah kills the condemned. In regards to the water on the finger; that would evaporate before it even got to a person. It also contradicts where God said “you will surly die.”

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Again I say to you that wealth and poverty has nothing to do with the resurrection of the righteous. There is one truth in all of this, and that there is a chasm that has been set in place; and that is called death of the condemned, which are killed by Yahwah. There is no life for them afterward.

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

These are obviously the words of a dim wit, and not the words of an ancient being. No place in these verses is credit given to Yahwah, but only to Moses and the prophets; which would be unlike Yahshua to exclude Yahwah in matters of life and death.

Hell is a pagan belief and part of the Pagan religion. Why would Yahshua use a nonexistent biblical teaching for which he never explains afterward? Before the return from Babylon, Judaism never taught the concept of hell. After the return from Babylon the Hellenistic and Kabbalistic Jews began to introduce Hell into Judaism.

Yahshua never identified the story as a parable, and never explained the relevance as he did in other legitimate parables.
Yahshua, being an ancient being full of knowledge and wisdom, would have had the good sense to explain the new concept. Obviously the story of “The Rich Man and Lazarus” are the words of some man introducing the Pagan concept of Hell.

If it is true that there will be people ALIVE in Hell, Then God lied, and the Serpent told the truth. The word "Hell" added to scripture replacing the words grave, pit, and Gehenna. God is not a liar.

Genesis 2:17
...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Genesis 3:3
...but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

Genesis 3:4
"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Now who is telling the truth, God or the Serpent? According to scripture the Serpent is telling the truth. By adding the word Hell to scriptures it looks as if the Serpent is telling the truth. Hell is a place for God to torture LIVING BEINGS for all eternity.

The Hebrew word Sheol literally means grave, not Hell. Is there LIFE in Hell? God says that man will surely die, and the Serpent says that man will not surely die.

The Pagans teach that there is life in Hell. God says there is death. And Yahshua also said that God can destroy both body and spirit.

Romans 1:32. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Genesis 18:25
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear them which can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in [hell / Gehenna.]

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

As we all know the bible uses many parables. There is no real Hell, that word was put into scriptures by the Gnostic Pagans. Words like grave, pit, and Gehenna were replaced with the word hell. Those who are condemned to destruction never return. They are cut off for all eternity, never to live again.

The number of times "Hell" appears in the English Bible
Translations

Bible Translations
Old Testament
New Testament
Total's

"Authorized" King James Version
New King James Version
American Standard Version
New American Standard Bible
Revised Standard Version
New Revised Standard Version
Revised English Bible
New Living Translation
Amplified
New International Version (best-selling English Bible)
Darby
New Century Version
Wesley's New Testament (1755)

Scarlett's N.T. (1798)

The New Testament in Greek and English (Kneeland, 1823)

Young's Literal Translation (1891)
Twentieth Century New Testament (1900)

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible (reprinted, 1902)
Fenton's Holy Bible in Modern English (1903)
Weymouth's New Testament in Modern Speech (1903)

Jewish Publication Society Bible Old Testament (1917)

Panin's Numeric English New Testament (1914)

The People's New Covenant (Overbury, 1925)

Hanson's New Covenant (1884)

Western N.T. (1926)

NT of our Lord and Savior Anointed (Tomanek, 1958)

Concordant Literal NT (1983)

The N.T., A Translation (Clementson, 1938)

Emphatic Diaglott, Greek/English Interlinear (Wilson, 1942)

New American Bible (1970)
Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible (1976)
Tanakh. The Holy Scriptures, Old Testament (1985)

The New Testament, A New Translation (Greber, 1980)

Christian Bible (1991)
World English Bible (in progress)
Original Bible Project (Dr. James Tabor, still in translation)

Zondervan Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1975)

Int. NASB-NIV Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1993)**

The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text, as the so called biased translators have tried to establish it as scripture; but they were not good enough to cover up the reality of what God is saying. The source of this word hell and the concept of eternal torture is not Christian, but Pagan. You can find it in Babylon, in Greece, and especially Rome. But if you dig a little bit deeper you will see that it is bad translations that have infected this doctrine of Damnation in scriptures. As a matter of fact, scripture teaches the opposite.

ALL will see Gods salvation, even the condemned on the day of judgment. However, salvation is for the Elect of God, but the condemned will die because they did not seek God or repent. Death is their punishment. Sad but true. In regards to Romans 5: "All" is not everyone, but everyone saved. The condemned still are cut off from the living in death for all eternity.

Hell is more than a mistranslation, it's a premeditated deliberate assault on scripture to introduce the Teutonic pagan word.

Tar-ta-rus (tartarus) [[ Gr Tartaros ]] Gr. Myth. 1. An infernal abyss below Hades, where Zeus hurls the rebel Titans, later a place of punishment for the demons and devils. (mentioned only once in the Bible)

Ha-des (hadez) [[Gr Haides ]] 1 Gr. Myth. a. The home of the dead, beneath the earth. b The god of the underworld. 2. Bible: The state or resting place of the dead: name used in some modern translations of the New Testament

She-ol (sheol) [[Heb shaal , to dig]] A place in the depths of the earth conceived of as the dwelling of the dead. Note: In the KJV about half of scriptures are translated as hell, the other half as grave.

Gehenna: Mentioned twelve or thirteen times in the bible. Gehenna: Referring to the Valley of Hinnom, or Gehenna which is the city dump outside the walls of Jerusalem; it then was a place of constant burning of refuge.

Topheth is believed to be a location in Jerusalem, in the Valley of Hinnom, where the Canaanites sacrificed children to the god Moloch by burning them alive.

Isaiah 30:33
Topheth has long been prepared; it has been made ready for the king. Its fire pit has been made deep and wide, with an abundance of fire and wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of burning sulfur, sets it ablaze.

Jeremiah 7:31-32
They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind. So beware, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when people will no longer call it Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter, for they will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Hades was the ancient Greek god of the underworld.

Jeremiah 19:13-15
The houses in Jerusalem and those of the kings of Judah will be defiled like this place, Topheth—all the houses where they burned incense on the roofs to all the starry hosts and poured out drink offerings to other gods.' "

Jeremiah then returned from Topheth, where the LORD had sent him to prophesy, and stood in the court of the LORD's temple and said to all the people, "This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: 'Listen! I am going to bring on this city and the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them, because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words.' "

That is Gehenna Judgment that Yahshua came and warned Israel about.

Matthew 23:29-39
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to [Hell / Gehenna?] Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.')

Jeremiah 7:33-34
" 'The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the LORD. They have set up their detestable idols in the house that bears my Name and have defiled it. They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind. So beware, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when people will no longer call it Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter, for they will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room. Then the carcasses of this people will become food for the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and there will be no one to frighten them away. I will bring an end to the sounds of joy and gladness and to the voices of bride and bridegroom in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem, for the land will become desolate.

We do not worship a God who is without mercy or who tortures people for all eternity.

John 5
28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Gehenna and Hades are not interchangeable, they are two different places. There is no Hell!

The concept of Hell is part of the Pagan religion. The reason you see the word Hell in the New Testament, is because it was introduced into scripture by the Catholic Church. However, there is death of the body and spirit. Our bodies are mortal, and our spirits are mortal. And if God never called us back into being, we would never live again. And where Yahshua said: “have you not heard, you are gods.” That is based upon the promise of believing that Yahshua is the way to the truth and life: By the way, it is hidden in scripture that God is the Truth and Life. Also we must keep Gods commandments because they were not done away with. It was Moses laws that were written in stone by Joshua that were done away with. Don’t forget the bible uses many parables.

Are the words you are reading a translation, or an interpretation? What you are taught as Christians depends on whose team you’re on.

Aimiel

Why would Death and Hell need to be cast into the Lake of Fire? Simply because they are enemies of God and living spirits (rulers of the darkness of this world) and need to be punished. The last enemy that shall be defeated is Death. We will bring him to his knees with our faith in God's ability to raise the dead. We will cause Death to no longer be able to do his job.

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

When we have brought Death to his knees with our faith, our job of subduing Christ's enemies will be complete and He will return for a glorious and victorious church.

musterion

Theophilus is the name or honorary title of the person to whom the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles are addressed (Luke 1:3, Acts 1:1)

It is unanimously agreed that both Luke and Acts were originally written in Koine Greek, and that "Theophilos," as it appears therein, means friend of God or (be)loved by God or loving God in the Greek language.

No one knows the true identity of Theophilus who wrote the story, and there are more than several conjectures and traditions around an identity.
In all there are about eight traditions based upon that story. Again I say: Hell has never been a doctrinal belief in Judaism.

Don't you think if Yahshua was to introduce a new doctrine that he would at least explain the story?

Hades ( /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης), Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen") was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. The genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative came to designate the abode of the dead.

In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto. The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods, Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita. Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness, the bident and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.

KJV

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The words "torment throughout eternity" is not relevant, because in the second death, hades and death are done away with. Most likely the word "grave" was replaced with the word "Hades."

In English usage the word "Hades" first appears around 1600, as a term used to explain the article in the Apostles' Creed, "He descended into hell", where the place of waiting (the place of "the spirits in prison" 1 Peter 3:19 KJV) into which Yahshua is there affirmed to have gone after the Crucifixion needed to be distinguished from what had come to be more usually called "hell," the place or state of those finally damned.

Since Hell or Hades are done away with, there can be no eternal punishment, other than the condemed are cut off from the living for all eternity. Do you see what I am saying? In other words there is no one alive in a place called Hades. Scriptures say that God takes their life away from them. If there were a place called Hades with living being in it, then God lied, and the serpent told the truth.

Because people die, unless saved by God, that means that life in Hades is a lie of the serpent. The serpent doctrine is that there is life in Hades, and people are being tortured for all eternity. That is a lie. Scriptures are written in such a way that they are self-correcting. The Catholics were from the Gnostic mystery schools, they believed in Hell and Trinitarianism. The Catholics killed off the original Christians, and replaced their scriptures with their own versions.

Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

Catholic Gnosticism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.

Luke 16:19. "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
Wealth, comfort, poverty, and suffering have nothing to do with a person’s salvation.

22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
The word messenger is replaced with the word angel. And assuming that this is a parable, there would be no need for Lazarus to be carried to Abraham, and before the resurrection. As for being in Hell and torment and agony; that contradicts the verse that says the dead know nothing. It also is a contradiction where scripture says that Yahwah kills the condemned. In regards to the water on the finger; that would evaporate before it even got to a person. It also contradicts where God said “you will surly die.”

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Again I say to you that wealth and poverty has nothing to do with the resurrection of the righteous. There is one truth in all of this, and that there is a chasm that has been set in place; and that is called death of the condemned, which are killed by Yahwah. There is no life for them afterward.

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

These are obviously the words of a dim wit, and not the words of an ancient being. No place in these verses is credit given to Yahwah, but only to Moses and the prophets; which would be unlike Yahshua to exclude Yahwah in matters of life and death.

Hell is a pagan belief and part of the Pagan religion. Why would Yahshua use a nonexistent biblical teaching for which he never explains afterward? Before the return from Babylon, Judaism never taught the concept of hell. After the return from Babylon the Hellenistic and Kabbalistic Jews began to introduce Hell into Judaism.

Yahshua never identified the story as a parable, and never explained the relevance as he did in other legitimate parables.
Yahshua, being an ancient being full of knowledge and wisdom, would have had the good sense to explain the new concept. Obviously the story of “The Rich Man and Lazarus” are the words of some man introducing the Pagan concept of Hell.

If it is true that there will be people ALIVE in Hell, Then God lied, and the Serpent told the truth. The word "Hell" added to scripture replacing the words grave, pit, and Gehenna. God is not a liar.

...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

...but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

Now who is telling the truth, God or the Serpent? According to scripture the Serpent is telling the truth. By adding the word Hell to scriptures it looks as if the Serpent is telling the truth. Hell is a place for God to torture LIVING BEINGS for all eternity.

The Hebrew word Sheol literally means grave, not Hell. Is there LIFE in Hell? God says that man will surely die, and the Serpent says that man will not surely die.

The Pagans teach that there is life in Hell. God says there is death. And Yahshua also said that God can destroy both body and spirit.

Romans 1:32. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

And do not fear them which can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in [hell / Gehenna.]

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

As we all know the bible uses many parables. There is no real Hell, that word was put into scriptures by the Gnostic Pagans. Words like grave, pit, and Gehenna were replaced with the word hell. Those who are condemned to destruction never return. They are cut off for all eternity, never to live again.

Translations

Bible Translations
Old Testament
New Testament
Total's

New King James Version
Revised Standard Version
Revised English Bible
New Living Translation
Amplified
Darby
New Century Version

Scarlett's N.T. (1798)

Western N.T. (1926)

Christian Bible (1991)

The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text, as the so called biased translators have tried to establish it as scripture; but they were not good enough to cover up the reality of what God is saying. The source of this word hell and the concept of eternal torture is not Christian, but Pagan. You can find it in Babylon, in Greece, and especially Rome. But if you dig a little bit deeper you will see that it is bad translations that have infected this doctrine of Damnation in scriptures. As a matter of fact, scripture teaches the opposite.

ALL will see Gods salvation, even the condemned on the day of judgment. However, salvation is for the Elect of God, but the condemned will die because they did not seek God or repent. Death is their punishment. Sad but true. In regards to Romans 5: "All" is not everyone, but everyone saved. The condemned still are cut off from the living in death for all eternity.

Hell is more than a mistranslation, it's a premeditated deliberate assault on scripture to introduce the Teutonic pagan word.

Tar-ta-rus (tartarus) [[ Gr Tartaros ]] Gr. Myth. 1. An infernal abyss below Hades, where Zeus hurls the rebel Titans, later a place of punishment for the demons and devils. (mentioned only once in the Bible)

Ha-des (hadez) [[Gr Haides ]] 1 Gr. Myth. a. The home of the dead, beneath the earth. b The god of the underworld. 2. Bible: The state or resting place of the dead: name used in some modern translations of the New Testament

She-ol (sheol) [[Heb shaal , to dig]] A place in the depths of the earth conceived of as the dwelling of the dead. Note: In the KJV about half of scriptures are translated as hell, the other half as grave.

Gehenna: Mentioned twelve or thirteen times in the bible. Gehenna: Referring to the Valley of Hinnom, or Gehenna which is the city dump outside the walls of Jerusalem; it then was a place of constant burning of refuge.

Topheth is believed to be a location in Jerusalem, in the Valley of Hinnom, where the Canaanites sacrificed children to the god Moloch by burning them alive.

Topheth has long been prepared; it has been made ready for the king. Its fire pit has been made deep and wide, with an abundance of fire and wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of burning sulfur, sets it ablaze.

They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind. So beware, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when people will no longer call it Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter, for they will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room.

If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

The houses in Jerusalem and those of the kings of Judah will be defiled like this place, Topheth—all the houses where they burned incense on the roofs to all the starry hosts and poured out drink offerings to other gods.' "

Jeremiah then returned from Topheth, where the LORD had sent him to prophesy, and stood in the court of the LORD's temple and said to all the people, "This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: 'Listen! I am going to bring on this city and the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them, because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words.' "

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to [Hell / Gehenna?] Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.')

" 'The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the LORD. They have set up their detestable idols in the house that bears my Name and have defiled it. They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind. So beware, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when people will no longer call it Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter, for they will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room. Then the carcasses of this people will become food for the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and there will be no one to frighten them away. I will bring an end to the sounds of joy and gladness and to the voices of bride and bridegroom in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem, for the land will become desolate.

We do not worship a God who is without mercy or who tortures people for all eternity.

John 5
28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Gehenna and Hades are not interchangeable, they are two different places. There is no Hell!

The concept of Hell is part of the Pagan religion. The reason you see the word Hell in the New Testament, is because it was introduced into scripture by the Catholic Church. However, there is death of the body and spirit. Our bodies are mortal, and our spirits are mortal. And if God never called us back into being, we would never live again. And where Yahshua said: “have you not heard, you are gods.” That is based upon the promise of believing that Yahshua is the way to the truth and life: By the way, it is hidden in scripture that God is the Truth and Life. Also we must keep Gods commandments because they were not done away with. It was Moses laws that were written in stone by Joshua that were done away with. Don’t forget the bible uses many parables.

Are the words you are reading a translation, or an interpretation? What you are taught as Christians depends on whose team you’re on.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a parable. Would've saved you trouble to have begun with that.

OCTOBER23

oooh , Cut and Paste my favourite thing to do.

Actually , Hell is just a Very Large Garbage dump using the Oil in Saudi Arabia

where you guys will be working burning all the Garbage from the Macdonalds Kids meals....lol

Ben Masada

Why would Death and Hell need to be cast into the Lake of Fire? Simply because they are enemies of God and living spirits (rulers of the darkness of this world) and need to be punished. The last enemy that shall be defeated is Death. We will bring him to his knees with our faith in God's ability to raise the dead. We will cause Death to no longer be able to do his job.

Because to cast some thing into a lake of fire means the end and, to death and hell there is no end as long as there is some one alive on earth. Death is the entrance to hell whose mouth is always ready to open and welcome the dead.

Spitfire

It doesn't appear that Mazzolini was very successful in countering Luther's arguments.
His works were cited as evidence that Roman Catholics must believe that the pope is always right no matter what because he is the pope. But that's because people generally ignore his later work where he, albeit succinctly, addresses head on the limitations on infallibility and the pope's authority.

Ben Masada

Some people are in for one Hell of a surprise.

And you ain't kidding, I tell you! Jesus once mentioned a parable... about... yea, the Richman and Lazarus. At the moment of the punch line he implied that the only way to escape hell is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. That's in Luke 16:29-31. It means that salvation comes by the obedience to the Law which is an observable
fact.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is a point to the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. The point is not to be buried near a rich man's grave because he will keep you up all night crying for water because his grave is on fire.

:rip:

OCTOBER23

ISIS IS HEADED FOR HELL..........

AL BIG DADDY IS RAILING AGAINST THE USA AGAIN

AS THE PROPHECY SAYS THAT HE WILL TALK

AGAINST THE STRONGEST OF FORTRESSES .

DAN 11:39
Claiming this foreign god's help, he will attack the strongest fortresses. He will honor those who submit to him, appointing them to positions of authority and dividing the land among them as their reward.

Da 11:39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

CherubRam

This is your brain on sola scriptura.

All of CherubRam's posts are great examples of that, actually.
The bible is self correcting for those who know what to look for. Get a clue! The added word HELL in scriptures makes God a liar. Wouldn't you say that is a problem?

CherubRam

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

When we have brought Death to his knees with our faith, our job of subduing Christ's enemies will be complete and He will return for a glorious and victorious church.

This verse: "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." It is about being on life support.

Zeke

KJV

Catholic Gnosticism.

Translations

Bible Translations
Old Testament
New Testament
Total's

New King James Version
Revised Standard Version
Revised English Bible
New Living Translation
Amplified
Darby
New Century Version

Scarlett's N.T. (1798)

Western N.T. (1926)

Christian Bible (1991)

John 5

Wabbit trails, the letter does something to the spirit, Oh yea it kills it, allegorically that is.

Sealeaf

Cherubram: You have reasoned your way into error. You are wrong. There is and must be a hell. It is a logical necessity. We all wish it were not so. I strongly suspect that even God wishes it were not so. The very act of creation of a universe that contains beings with free will makes "Hell", Gehenna, the waste dump, what ever name you wish to call it, a necessity.

You have reasoned your way into making all of scripture false and you do not trust the fathers of the church, so I will not call on either of these authorities.

Science also declares you to be in error. Relativity theory shows us that time is not a sequence of events but a dimension. The consequence of this is that the past is as real as the present. Nothing is ever destroyed. Everything that ever was is written permanently on the fabric of reality. Our death does not destroy us. The wave front of Now has just passed beyond the part of the universe we inhabit. But we are still there. We are written permanently into the story of creation.

God exists, at least in part, outside the universe, outside time, since time is part of the universe. He sees it all as "Now". He sees us all as alive. Scripture tells you that He is the God of the living, not the dead. From His point of view there are no "dead".

Now I propose that God is not a fool. He did not go to all the trouble of creation and redemption for no reason. He is up to something. He has a project. He has something He is working toward. We in as much or little as we are the culmination of the development of creation, have a part to play in His project. I see the universe as a factory or a garden, a place where God is making or growing the parts and tools He needs for His project.

He will chose from all of creation those of us that have made ourselves into tools He can use. It is obvious that not all humans are acceptable to God. We may differ as to just how strict His criteria are. ( Personally, I am hoping He has very loose standards.) But most everyone agrees there are some who will not make the cut. What happens to them? They can't be destroyed. The universe just is not set up in a way that makes destruction possible.

Those not chosen are discarded. Thrown into the trash. God does not want you to be there, but if you insist on making yourself useless to Him, that is where you will have to go. God is not punishing you but you have made yourself into a two headed nail. There is no way to use you. To be useless to God is the very worst thing that can happen to a human. It is worse than being burned, frozen, tortured in what ever way you can imagine and it does not end, because nothing can end, it is all permanent. We are all playing for keeps. There are no do overs. Except, perhaps, for those lucky enough to qualify for Purgatory.