There is no Hell

Zeke

Matthew 8:22 which means to follow Jesus (the innerman neither male or female) into the real kingdom where God dwells in temples made without literal hands, Acts 17:24, Luke 17:20-21.

Spitfire

The bible is self correcting for those who know what to look for. Get a clue! The added word HELL in scriptures makes God a liar. Wouldn't you say that is a problem?
It only says that in English Bibles. If that's a problem for you, you should just stop reading the Bible in English. I'm pretty sure I've made this suggestion before. It doesn't bother me, however, because I know it corresponds to the everlasting fire of Matthew 25:41, the exterior darkness apart from God in Matthew 25:30, and the pool of fire in Revelation 20 where the false prophet will be tormented forever and ever along with all the others cast into the same place. Call it whatever you want. What you choose to call it doesn't change anything.

CherubRam

It only says that in English Bibles. If that's a problem for you, you should just stop reading the Bible in English. I'm pretty sure I've made this suggestion before. It doesn't bother me, however, because I know it corresponds to the everlasting fire of Matthew 25:41, the exterior darkness apart from God in Matthew 25:30, and the pool of fire in Revelation 20 where the false prophet will be tormented forever and ever along with all the others cast into the same place. Call it whatever you want. What you choose to call it doesn't change anything.
HELL is not a belief in Judaism. Why would the Messiah introduce the Pagan belief in Hell and not give an explanation? Eternal torture is also a contradiction to the words of God. Did the SERPENT tell the truth and God lied. If there is a Hell, then that makes God a liar, and the Serpent told the truth.
The Serpent tells us that we will not surly die. That is the Serpent doctrine.

Genesis 3
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

CherubRam

Cherubram: You have reasoned your way into error. You are wrong. There is and must be a hell. It is a logical necessity. We all wish it were not so. I strongly suspect that even God wishes it were not so. The very act of creation of a universe that contains beings with free will makes "Hell", Gehenna, the waste dump, what ever name you wish to call it, a necessity.

You have reasoned your way into making all of scripture false and you do not trust the fathers of the church, so I will not call on either of these authorities.

Science also declares you to be in error. Relativity theory shows us that time is not a sequence of events but a dimension. The consequence of this is that the past is as real as the present. Nothing is ever destroyed. Everything that ever was is written permanently on the fabric of reality. Our death does not destroy us. The wave front of Now has just passed beyond the part of the universe we inhabit. But we are still there. We are written permanently into the story of creation.

God exists, at least in part, outside the universe, outside time, since time is part of the universe. He sees it all as "Now". He sees us all as alive. Scripture tells you that He is the God of the living, not the dead. From His point of view there are no "dead".

Now I propose that God is not a fool. He did not go to all the trouble of creation and redemption for no reason. He is up to something. He has a project. He has something He is working toward. We in as much or little as we are the culmination of the development of creation, have a part to play in His project. I see the universe as a factory or a garden, a place where God is making or growing the parts and tools He needs for His project.

He will chose from all of creation those of us that have made ourselves into tools He can use. It is obvious that not all humans are acceptable to God. We may differ as to just how strict His criteria are. ( Personally, I am hoping He has very loose standards.) But most everyone agrees there are some who will not make the cut. What happens to them? They can't be destroyed. The universe just is not set up in a way that makes destruction possible.

Those not chosen are discarded. Thrown into the trash. God does not want you to be there, but if you insist on making yourself useless to Him, that is where you will have to go. God is not punishing you but you have made yourself into a two headed nail. There is no way to use you. To be useless to God is the very worst thing that can happen to a human. It is worse than being burned, frozen, tortured in what ever way you can imagine and it does not end, because nothing can end, it is all permanent. We are all playing for keeps. There are no do overs. Except, perhaps, for those lucky enough to qualify for Purgatory.

The words Gehenna, grave, and pit do not translate as Hell. Gehenna is a parabolic word that means destruction. Are you guys reading what I write?

Aimiel

HELL is not a belief in Judaism.
What does Judaism have to do with the Christian belief in hell?
Why would the Messiah introduce the Pagan belief in Hell and not give an explanation?
He didn't. He explained that the Lake of Fire is torment forever for all those who worship the Beast and his image.
Eternal torture is also a contradiction to the words of God.
How so?
Did the SERPENT tell the truth and God lied. If there is a Hell, then that makes God a liar, and the Serpent told the truth. The Serpent tells us that we will not surly die. That is the Serpent doctrine.

Genesis 3
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Did Adam and Eve die when they ate the fruit? Of course not. They died spiritually. They will have NO LIFE in their spirit without being born again, just as everyone who has lived since them. Those subject to judgment will not have re-generated spirits, but their body and soul will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire to be tormented eternally. If they were put to death a second time it would make God a liar.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Being cast into eternal torment is called 'second death' because it is the end of life as men know it:

Life = "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death: "

In the Lake of Fire there will be flames, darkness and worms but no growth, reproduction, functional activity or any change whatsoever.

CherubRam

What does Judaism have to do with the Christian belief in hell?He didn't. He explained that the Lake of Fire is torment forever for all those who worship the Beast and his image.How so? Did Adam and Eve die when they ate the fruit? Of course not. They died spiritually. They will have NO LIFE in their spirit without being born again, just as everyone who has lived since them. Those subject to judgment will not have re-generated spirits, but their body and soul will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire to be tormented eternally. If they were put to death a second time it would make God a liar.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Being cast into eternal torment is called 'second death' because it is the end of life as men know it:

Life = "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death: "

In the Lake of Fire there will be flames, darkness and worms but no growth, reproduction, functional activity or any change whatsoever.
Judaism is the bases of Christianity. If the was no Judaism, then there would be no Christianity. Christianity is founded upon Judaism.
The word HELL is not scriptural, it is a Pagan belief that has been added to scriptures.

Aimiel

Um, no... Christianity is founded upon Christ. He is The Rock, not Moses or even Abraham.

Hell is from the New Testament. Has yours been edited? Are you in a cult?

OCTOBER23

Goosneck said,

Do you have ANY Brain matter inside your skull?
------------------------------------------------------

Goosnek is just a guy who thinks that he is the most important person here.

He does not know his bible, that is for sure or else he would have known

Gehenna was a Garabage dump just outside Jerusalem where they burnt

garbage and old bodies of the dead.

The Pharisees were insulted by him and thus planned to kill him.
--------------------------------------------------------------

1067 γέεννα geenna of Hebrew origin

AV- hell fire

1) "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom,

south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned;

a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mt 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

ye make him twofold more the child of hell <1067> than yourselves.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CherubRam

Um, no... Christianity is founded upon Christ. He is The Rock, not Moses or even Abraham.

Hell is from the New Testament. Has yours been edited? Are you in a cult?
Judaize

YLT
Galatians 2:14

But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Before people were called Christians they were called converts to Judaism.

Aimiel

Judaize

YLT

But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Before people were called Christians they were called converts to Judaism.
No. The error of Peter was being corrected...

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

NO ONE is justified by works. Peter erred on several matters that Jesus and Paul corrected. We need to learn from these errors, just as Peter did.

john w

Hall of Fame
The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text,...

Ignore this poser, as no one, for thousands of years, has seen these "originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text"'s, as he/she is trying to bamboozle you, the "original" texts having "bit the dust," almost as soon as "the ink dried"(including the "original" "Ten Commandments.").

And no one would be able to tell, whether any purported "originals," were said "originals." Just how you be able to do that? Compare them with what?

john w

Hall of Fame
Hell is not in the original scriptures, it has been added

You have "the original scriptures?"

PM me, and send me your phone #, and address, as I'm prepared to offer you $598,876. 56, for these "the original scriptures." Of course, I'm sure you understand, that I'll need proof of authenticity. That shouldn't be a problem for you, given your statements within this thread.

Deal? Let me know, as I need to make the financial arrangements, and flight plans, depending on in what part of the country you live.

CherubRam

No. The error of Peter was being corrected...

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

NO ONE is justified by works. Peter erred on several matters that Jesus and Paul corrected. We need to learn from these errors, just as Peter did.

And faith without works is a dead faith.