Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Saved, or may be saved.
BigBoof1959, Bright Raven, Caino, Cruciform, ebenz47037, Nick M, OCTOBER23, Robert Pate, S0ZO, steko, tomlapalm, Totton Linnet

Not saved.
aikido7, jamie, keypurr, meshak, oatmeal, Omniskeptical, Pierac, Under Pressure

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, K, some people believe Jesus is God and some people believe Jesus is the Son of God, but maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe the terms are interchangeable. Maybe all Gods are sons and all sons are God, no difference.

Yeah, that's it. This way Jesus can be a God and God can be a son and it won't matter which term we use since they both mean the same thing.

No more confusion.

No wonder the Jews wanted to seat Jesus in his Temple.

keypurr

Saved, or may be saved.
BigBoof1959, Bright Raven, Caino, Cruciform, ebenz47037, Nick M, OCTOBER23, Robert Pate, S0ZO, steko, tomlapalm, Totton Linnet

Not saved.

No, Jesus Christ tells us that the Father is the only true God in John 17:3. Why don't you believe him?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, Jesus Christ tells us that the Father is the only true God in John 17:3. Why don't you believe him?

keypurr, with due respect to your sincere beliefs, it's you who we don't believe. When you cherry-pick a verse to suit an agenda then you are bordering on promoting a dishonesty.

You carved out John 17:3 but omitted the rest of the story.

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The divinity of Christ is existential.

This prayer of the Son incarnate in human form is a divine Son communing with his divine Father.

keypurr

keypurr, with due respect to your sincere beliefs, it's you who we don't believe. When you cherry-pick a verse to suit an agenda then you are bordering on promoting a dishonesty.

You carved out John 17:3 but omitted the rest of the story.

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The divinity of Christ is existential.

This prayer of the Son incarnate in human form is a divine Son communing with his divine Father.

I have no problem with Christ being divine. But what do you consider divine?

Your misunderstanding my friend. Christ is a created form of God. He was given the fullness of the Father. But he is a creation, he can die. He has a God, the same God we have. He was with the Father at the creation, the Father created everything through Christ.

But Jesus was born to Mary, he was a human. He is the body prepared for the spirit Christ in Heb 10:5. Christ came down from heaven and took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus. He spoke through Jesus. Jesus was not born the Christ, he was anointed as the Christ when Christ took over his being. That great change in Jesus caused him to go into the wilderness for forty days to adjust to the power he just received. Then he was tempted by Satan. God can not be tempted.

Consider what might be the correct way to see Christ as he was SENT to us. Christ is a spirit like his God. Jesus never said that he was God, neither did the Christ in him.

Posted from the TOL App!

INSANE, or may be INSANE.

Not INSANE.
There. Fixed it for you.

OCTOBER23

You cannot vote because there is a separation of church and state

and besides Obama who is a Muslim would not allow it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Your misunderstanding my friend. Christ is a created form of God. He was given the fullness of the Father. But he is a creation, he can die. He has a God, the same God we have. He was with the Father at the creation, the Father created everything through Christ.

But Jesus was born to Mary, he was a human. He is the body prepared for the spirit Christ in Heb 10:5. Christ came down from heaven and took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus. He spoke through Jesus. Jesus was not born the Christ, he was anointed as the Christ when Christ took over his being. That great change in Jesus caused him to go into the wilderness for forty days to adjust to the power he just received. Then he was tempted by Satan. God can not be tempted.

Consider what might be the correct way to see Christ as he was SENT to us. Christ is a spirit like his God. Jesus never said that he was God, neither did the Christ in him.

Posted from the TOL App!

You are still cherry picking, the proper way is to consider everything the miraculous Christ said and did. You come in denial then pick what seems to justify that denial.

"He" was a personality reality before this world was.

The "Divine" was not tempted, Jesus self limited his divinity as a Human while subject to the Fathers will. Besides, the temptation talk was the opinion of the writer.

I've told you 6,746 times, the human flesh of Jesus died, not his spirit. He then resurrected a form of his body that would be visible to believers.

Humans don't become Gods in heaven, only Gods are Gods.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was human so I guess that leaves him out.

You've overlooked some parts of the story, Jesus came down from heaven,:WA: he returned to heaven:rapture: with all power and authority. He is Lord and God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Posted from the TOL App!
Yes you do. Being divine implies deity.

genuineoriginal

Man is human.
The son of man is also human.

God is divine.
The Son of God is also divine.

So far there is no problem.
:think:

What assumptions cause the problem?