Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The Bible does not say God is not a Trinity

True, indeed! Yet, despite this truth, you take it upon yourself to go about saying God is not a Trinity. Why do you do this?

In any case, at least you admit that it is NOT FROM THE BIBLE that you get your teaching that God is not a Trinity. Your teaching that God is not a Trinity is, by your own admission, wholly extra-Biblical.

Right Divider

Body part
True, indeed! Yet, despite this truth, you take it upon yourself to go about saying God is not a Trinity. Why do you do this?

In any case, at least you admit that it is NOT FROM THE BIBLE that you get your teaching that God is not a Trinity. Your teaching that God is not a Trinity is, by your own admission, wholly extra-Biblical.
:thumb:

7djengo7

Did your biology classes teach you that a son can be his own father?

Did your unitarian heresiarchs teach you to say that?

Of course, no Trinitarian has ever claimed that any son is, or could be, his own father.

The Bible never taught against Super Sayan Goku.

No idea what (if anything) you're trying to say, here.

By your own logic, that means that Super Sayan Goku is real because the Bible did not say he is not real.

Again, no idea what (if anything) you're trying to say, here. I'm not familiar with your phrase, "Super Sayan Goku"; I do not call anything "Super Sayan Goku". Do you?

Your logic is garbage.

My logic is logic. No logic is garbage. Your hatred of, and war against logic is garbage.

You should try thinking logically sometime, instead of the way you currently like to think.

genuineoriginal

I asked for a REAL answer
You got a REAL answer, but it is not what your itching ears want to hear.

Thomas called Jesus BOTH Lord and God.
You have been taught that is what happened, but that is not the only explanation of the text.

If Jesus not God, then that is BLASPHEME. And yet Jesus said NOTHING of the sort. Why not?
Jesus did not say that Thomas was blaspheming because Jesus was able to see into Thomas' heart and know what Thomas meant by his words.
You are not able to do that, so if you mistakenly believe that Thomas is calling Jesus "my God" then the error is on you.

If someone startles you and you respond, "My God," are you calling that person God or are you expressing suprise?

my God
An exclamation of surprise, alarm, dismay, annoyance, or exasperation.

my God
An interjection denoting shock, distress, or surprise.

genuineoriginal

Does He say that He and the Father are one?
Did Jesus pray that we believers would become the Trinity?

John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Right Divider

Body part
You got a REAL answer, but it is not what your itching ears want to hear.
Attempted insults... so childish.

You have been taught that is what happened, but that is not the only explanation of the text.
Nope.

Jesus did not say that Thomas was blaspheming because Jesus was able to see into Thomas' heart and know what Thomas meant by his words.
You just made that up.

You are not able to do that, so if you mistakenly believe that Thomas is calling Jesus "my God" then the error is on you.
No, the truth is not what you way it is.

If someone startles you and you respond, "My God," are you calling that person God or are you expressing suprise?

my God

my God

In our sinful society people use blaspheme as "An exclamation of surprise, alarm, dismay, annoyance, or exasperation."

Apparently you condone it.

genuineoriginal

By your word, "God", do you mean God the Father?
I mean the God in these verses who sent His Son into the world so the world would be saved through Him.

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?

7djengo7

that is not the only explanation of the text.

False.

You are not able to do that,

Oh, so you are able to see into Thomas' heart and know that Thomas was not calling Jesus "my God"?

so if you mistakenly believe that Thomas is calling Jesus "my God" then the error is on you.

Your error--your heretical blasphemy of Jesus--is on you.

If someone startles you and you respond, "My God," are you calling that person God or are you expressing suprise[sic]?

my God

my God

Since we are Christians, Right Divider, Bright Raven, and myself do not/would not say such a thing. Obviously you, being a non-Christian, have no qualm about taking the LORD's name in vain in such manner as you are advocating, here, and in such manner as you are slanderously accusing Thomas of having done.

7djengo7

Did Jesus pray that we believers would become the Trinity?

John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

1. You're not a believer.
2. Jesus never prayed that we believers would become the Trinity.

genuineoriginal

I am very careful with my words when I debate the Trinity doctrine, and the Bible is completely silent on the issue.

What I have repeatedly stated and is irrefutable is that the Bible never teaches the Trinity.
Logic says that if the Bible never teaches the Trinity, then the Bible never teaches that God the Father, Jesus the Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost comprise a singular divine being known as "God" as the Trinitarians claim it does.

Your teaching that God is not a Trinity is, by your own admission, wholly extra-Biblical.
The teaching that God is a Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible, therefore by definition it is an extra-Biblical teaching.

Is God a Trinity?
The Bible does not say.

Can someone prove that God is a Trinity from the Bible?
No, because the Bible doesn't say anything about God being a Trinity.

Can someone prove that God is not a Trinity from the Bible?
That would not be possible because the concept of a Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible.

Can someone prove that the Bible teaches that God is a Trinity?
Never.

Can someone prove that the Bible does not teach that God is a Trinity?
While it is difficult to prove a negative, the fact that the Bible does not teach that God is a Trinity has been recognized by even devoted Trinitarians. (see https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/is-god-a-trinity/is-the-trinity-biblical)

7djengo7

I mean the God in these verses who sent His Son into the world so the world would be saved through Him.

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Let's try again. You had written:

Where does Jesus ever say He is God? Don't bother looking because it isn't there.

I then asked you: By your word, "God", here, do you mean God the Father?

That's a Yes-or-No question. So far, you've not answered it. Why is that? Why can't you answer it?

Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?

Here, by the word, "God", do you mean God the Father? Yes or No?
Are you asking me, "Do you believe Jesus is the Son of [God the Father]?" Yes or No?

Of course I believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father.

genuineoriginal

Of course I believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father.
There is only one God that is referenced whenever Jesus is called the Son of God.
If you think that the Bible teaches anything else, then you do not believe on the Son of God and are making God a liar.

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

The Bible never ever teaches that we are to believe that Jesus is God, but the Bible teaches over and over that we are to believe that God sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God.

There is no shame in believing what the Bible actually states in plain easy to understand language.
There is shame in teaching that a person must believe something the Bible never says in order to be considered a Christian.

7djengo7

I am very careful with my words when I debate the Trinity doctrine,

Obviously nowhere near as careful as you have been in putting on your clown makeup for your hilarious performance on TOL.

and the Bible is completely silent on the issue.

Then why do you not imitate what you claim is the Bible's position on the issue, thereby completely shutting up your own (very pathetically non-trenchant) mouth on the issue?

What I have repeatedly stated and is irrefutable is that the Bible never teaches the Trinity.

Oh, thanks for pointing out that you have repeatedly stated that falsehood. I'm sure I must've overlooked that you have been doing that. Thanks, Captain O.

Logic says that if the Bible never teaches the Trinity, then the Bible never teaches that God the Father, Jesus the Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost comprise a singular divine being known as "God" as the Trinitarians claim it does.

More vain repetition from you.

The teaching that God is a Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible,

More vain repetition from you.

therefore by definition it is an extra-Biblical teaching.

Of course you're going to say that the teaching that God is a Trinity is an extra-Biblical teaching, since you're saying that it is a teaching not found anywhere in the Bible. Thanks again, Captain O.

genuineoriginal

why do you not imitate what you claim is the Bible's position on the issue, thereby completely shutting up your own (very pathetically non-trenchant) mouth on the issue?
Since the Bible is silent about the Trinity, then Trinitarians have the burden of being silent on the issue as well in order to avoid making false claims, such as the false claim that you have to be a Trinitarian to be a Christian.

7djengo7

There is only one God that is referenced whenever Jesus is called the Son of God.

True.

If you think that the Bible teaches anything else, then you do not believe on the Son of God and are making God a liar.

Anything else than what?? I think that the Bible teaches many, many things. Do you disagree?

The Bible never ever teaches that we are to believe that Jesus is God,

By your word, "God", here, do you mean God the Father? If not, then whom (if anyone) do you mean by it?

Of course, I agree with the truth that the Bible never ever teaches that we are to believe that Jesus is God the Father.

but the Bible teaches over and over that we are to believe that God sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God.

By your word, "God", here, do you mean God the Father? If not, then whom (if anyone) do you mean by it?

Of course, I agree with the truth that the Bible teaches over and over that we are to believe that God the Father sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God the Father.

There is no shame in believing what the Bible actually states in plain easy to understand language.

Like that Jesus is not God the Father? I agree.
Like that Jesus is the Son of God the Father? I agree.
Like that God the Father sent His Son? I agree.

There is shame in teaching that a person must believe something the Bible never says in order to be considered a Christian.

I agree.

genuineoriginal

By your word, "God", here, do you mean God the Father?
By your word, "God", here, do you mean God the Father?
Who is Jesus typically referring to when He uses the word God, such as in this verse?

John 1:51
51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

7djengo7

Since the Bible is silent about the Trinity, then Trinitarians have the burden of being silent on the issue as well in order to avoid making false claims, such as the false claim that you have to be a Trinitarian to be a Christian.

Since Trinitarians do not presuppose, with anti-Christ heretics such as yourself, that the Bible is silent about the Trinity, Trinitarians obviously do not agree with your falsehood, that Trinitarians have a "burden of being silent" about the Trinity. Of course we have no burden of being silent about the Trinity.

You, on the other hand, have repeatedly admitted to us that the Bible is silent in terms of denying the Trinity, and yet, you (being the anti-Christ hypocrite you are) are not vouching for your burden of being silent in terms of denying the Trinity. Since, by your own admission, the Bible does not deny the Trinity, you have a burden of not denying the Trinity. But, you're a shallow, anti-Christ hypocrite, so what would you care about that? So, you will continue to deny the Trinity--you will continue with your extra-Biblical teaching that the Trinity is false.

Notice your very careful wording, above, too: not merely, "a burden of being silent", but rather, "THE burden of being silent". Being the non-Christian, Christ-hating, anti-Christ hypocrite you are, you would like Christians to have not merely "a" burden, but you would like us to somehow have "THE burden", while somehow excusing your hypocritical, non-Christian, anti-Christ self from having any burden, whatsoever. Your hypocritical, irrational thinking is very reminiscent of that of your fellow anti-Christian brethren, the Darwinists.

7djengo7

Who is Jesus typically referring to when He uses the word God, such as in this verse?

John 1:51
51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

You first answer the questions I asked you, and then I'll answer the question you've asked, here.

Again, here are the questions I asked you:

When you said

The Bible never ever teaches that we are to believe that Jesus is God

I asked you, "By your word, "God", here, are you referring to God the Father? Yes or No?"

Yes or No?

When you said

the Bible teaches over and over that we are to believe that God sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God.

I asked you, "By your word, "God", here, are you referring to God the Father? Yes or No?"

Yes or No?

Why can you not answer these questions?

You don't answer these questions I asked you, then I shan't be answering the question you (as an effort at dodging my questions) asked me (above).