Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The apostles did not call him anything Lord and son. They didn't call him god.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου
[the Lord of me and the God of me]

OCTOBER23

The historic Christian Church has always believed and taught the full divinity and full humanity of Jesus Christ

The Roman Multi-pagan Catholic church ....

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The apostles did not call him anything Lord and son. They didn't call him god.

Titus 2

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

I could go on and on and on, but instead have a question. Are we to worship anyone other than the Lord our God? Think Exodus 20.

JosephR

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου
[the Lord of me and the God of me]

El gibbor or the mighty god is what St.Thomas declared . Not YhVh.

For me the best point is when He did speak the name of God when He said, "before Moses was I AM"

Not that it matters to you, my friend steko.i know you are a trinitarian.

However when it was declared who He is as a rabbi or teacher He "Jesus" did not correct there either, as the argument goes when St.Thomas declared my Lord and Mighty God , He was not corrected either.

Posted from the TOL App!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Titus 2

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

I wonder if our great God and Savior Jesus Christ is greater than his Father. The great God and Savior Jesus Christ said that the Father is his God and our God.

Also the great God and Savior Jesus Christ is Savior only to those his God and our God gives to him.

Our great God and Savior Jesus Christ can only do what his God and Savior permits him to do. Yes, our great God and Savior Jesus Christ has a Savior who raised him from death per their prior agreement.

So we have a great God and Savior Jesus Christ and a greater God and Savior, our Father, who will resurrect us just as he did Jesus.

BigBoof1959

I don't understand how the claim can be made that Jesus could not be fully human and fully God, when the original purpose of man was to be God's image. Jesus is the perfect image of God as a man, but He also transcends that exceedingly. He is the fulness of the Godhead in bodily form. If Jesus is not God, then God the Father allowed the scriptures to be written in such a way as to portray Him as God, and to enable people to fight over His divinity for millenia.

genuineoriginal

I don't understand how the claim can be made that Jesus could not be fully human and fully God, when the original purpose of man was to be God's image. Jesus is the perfect image of God as a man, but He also transcends that exceedingly. He is the fulness of the Godhead in bodily form.
How is that fulness any different than this one?

Ephesians 3:19
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.​

If Jesus is not God, then God the Father allowed the scriptures to be written in such a way as to portray Him as God, and to enable people to fight over His divinity for millenia.
Wouldn't it be better to ask why people think God did not mean what He said in His scriptures in all those places where He shows that Jesus and God are not the same being instead of wondering why God allowed people to find a tiny number of verses that can be used to say that Jesus is God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He is the fulness of the Godhead in bodily form.

Good point and we are flesh of his flesh and one spirit with him. So whatever Jesus is, so are we.

Scripture says Jesus is a man, a man with a spirtual body but that does not make him the supreme being.

My vote is that we just have one supreme being who is one person, not a multiplicity of persons.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The historic Christian Church has always believed and taught the full divinity and full humanity of Jesus Christ (see this).
Not always. Of course, your statement depends on whether or not you believe Christianity was the religion held by those first early followers of Jesus, or that it was the religion that became part of the Roman Empire under Constantine.

There were so many conflicts and battles within the new faith that Constantine basically invited the different factions to a lavish banquet, surrounded by armed guards, and insisted they stay in the same room until they could hammer out a consensus agreement.

Those who were closely connected with Jesus (The Jerusalem "Pillars" of Jesus's brother James and Peter) were eventually marginalized and died out. There are some sections in the Pauline letters that address the conflict between Paul and the Pillars.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Although we knew him according to the flesh, we know his thus no longer...

Pierac

not only are you ONLY quoting the verses that show Jesus as fully Human, you are ignoring the verses that Jesus (and God) show that Jesus is God.

God also speaks that He is Jesus,, or bodily human.

Zech 12 10, in which GOD is speaking.

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Clearly the Hebrew concept of Agency.... STILL You can not be God and then claim to have a GOD!!! :doh:

Learn how the Hebrew write before you post your western views on to another culture! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Pierac

I and my father are one....

One what? Yet.... I and my wife are one!!!

Mar 10:8 AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh.

Flesh??? Yep.... but not fully man and fully woman in one being!!! :doh:

You make it easy....

Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

This is why Stephen being full of the Holy Spirit saw the GOD of the son of man!

Act 7:55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;
Act 7:56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Jesus was at the right hand of GOD... His GOD!!!

We don't have 2 Gods Nick M!!!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul