Are you Going to Heaven?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Whyfore we tell ourselves by a law the wrong, it wouldn't be but a wrong I wasn't feeling; except with the law, a covet. I wasn't seeing it, except a law was wording, don't covet.

I made it a little clearer for you.

Shibolet

Are you going to heaven?

Are you going to heaven?

I don't think so. To go some place one must know it exists and, in the case of heaven, it helps to first believe it does. Heaven to me is akin to the universe which was caused to begin by the Creator and a good evidence for that we have from Albert Einstein who connected the expansion of the universe to God's Creation. He was working on a formula about the expansion of the universe when he was asked if he believed in God and he said that all his life was to catch up with God at His work of Creation.

IMJerusha

I don't think so. To go some place one must know it exists and, in the case of heaven, it helps to first believe it does. Heaven to me is akin to the universe which was caused to begin by the Creator and a good evidence for that we have from Albert Einstein who connected the expansion of the universe to God's Creation. He was working on a formula about the expansion of the universe when he was asked if he believed in God and he said that all his life was to catch up with God at His work of Creation.

If one believes God exists then one must believe that Heaven exists.

Shibolet

If one believes God exists then one must believe that Heaven exists.

Of course! I agree with you on that one. If God did not exist, Heaven would not. Why? Because God caused Heaven to exist. The difference between you and me is that in your mind, Heaven here is akin to a blissful place inhabited by God and His angels and God knows what else. In mine, Heaven is meant to be the universe and we all are in the composition of it. Now, if you read Luke 17:21, Jesus referred to Heaven as an esoteric peaceful condition of mind we all are supposed to invite into ourselves and not the other way around. IOW, that the kingdom of Heaven is within each one of us or among ourselves and not a place to get into.

Shibolet

Is that what Christ promised Abraham? Or was there land involved?

Since you are referring to Jesus, the answer is negative. Jesus did not promise Abraham any thing whatsoever. One never saw the other. Yes, God did promise Abraham the Promised Land as His part in the Covenant with Abraham.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus did not promise Abraham any thing whatsoever. One never saw the other.

If you deny Jesus' testimony then why do you quote the NT which is about him and what he believed?

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.

Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham?"

Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:56-58)​

Like God, Jesus self existed (YHVH).

Shibolet

If you deny Jesus' testimony then why do you quote the NT which is about him and what he believed?

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.

Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham?"

Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:56-58)​

Like God, Jesus self existed (YHVH).

Listen Jamie, do you believe Jesus was a loyal Jew to his Faith which was Judaism? If you do, believe me, Jesus could never have let go such a non-Jewish statement. If you expect us to accept John 8:56-58, you must be ready to adopt also John 8:41. It says in there that Jesus was born out of fornication. How would that fall into your mind? That revelation was made by the Jews who had grown up with Jesus. How did they know it? Know what? That according to Josephus, rapes of Jewish young ladies in Israel in the First Century was rampant which resulted in the birth of thousands of bastards in Israel. I refuse to believe that Mary was raped but hey, I can't erase the evidences and one of them is the Christian doctrine that Jesus was not a biological son of Joseph. Why do they do this? Probably because it is not good for the Trinity. Please! Have mercy!

oatmeal

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (*James‬ *2‬:*24‬ KJV)

Works are the evidence of what a person believes.

I have received the gift of eternal life from God

I did not receive that gift by my faith for I had none, I received it by the faith of Jesus Christ.

I chose to do Romans 10:9-10, I confessed and I believed

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Listen Jamie, do you believe Jesus was a loyal Jew to his Faith which was Judaism?

Jesus founded a new sect within Judaism based on a new covenant with Jews and Gentiles.

Because Paul was a Roman citizen he could travel freely thoughout the Roman empire and shared with Jews and Gentiles about this new covenant.

Lon

Purpose: Wake up the sinner who thinks they are a good person and that good deeds will outway the bad. Bring a conviction of sin. Wake up the believer who has sin as a practice. Wake up the unsaved to the condition they are in. Remind those who walk in victory over sin of what they were saved from. ALL to the power and glory of Jesus Christ.

Do you ever [sin]?

Yes. All of us 'ever' sinned. You are a sinner. I am a sinner. You have given me Romans 3:23 of the Romans road. Now give me the good news. Don't tell me to 'stop' sinning because it is too late. You and I have sinned. Tell me good news.

1) You and I have sinned, that question answered.
2) What are the wages of sin?
3) Just tough luck, or can something/has something been done?
4) "If" there is something to be done, what is that. Don't say 'stop.'
That doesn't take care of past sin. We are 'already' to pay the wages of sin.

5) What of ensuing/future sin? Too late again? What?

6) Already done? Do I need to apply, like for a forgiveness grant?
How do I get it?

Can you give me good news? Is the Good news that I'm going to Heaven?

Or is this just a thread that we are all going to hell?

truthjourney

Listen Jamie, do you believe Jesus was a loyal Jew to his Faith which was Judaism? If you do, believe me, Jesus could never have let go such a non-Jewish statement. If you expect us to accept John 8:56-58, you must be ready to adopt also John 8:41. It says in there that Jesus was born out of fornication. How would that fall into your mind? That revelation was made by the Jews who had grown up with Jesus. How did they know it? Know what? That according to Josephus, rapes of Jewish young ladies in Israel in the First Century was rampant which resulted in the birth of thousands of bastards in Israel. I refuse to believe that Mary was raped but hey, I can't erase the evidences and one of them is the Christian doctrine that Jesus was not a biological son of Joseph. Why do they do this? Probably because it is not good for the Trinity. Please! Have mercy!
It does not say that Jesus was born out of fornication. Why do you take that scripture out of context? You zero in on the word fornication and link it to Jesus that way instead of what Jesus said "But you are doing the deeds of your father." What was he talking about? Isn't fornication in the scriptures also said to be idolatry?
Jer. 3:8And I see when (for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery) I have sent her away, and I give the bill of her divorce unto her, that treacherous Judah her sister hath not feared, and goeth and committeth fornication -- she also.
9And it hath come to pass, from the vileness of her fornication, that the land is defiled, and she committeth fornication with stone and with wood.
Ezek. 16:26 And thou hast committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, men of large bodies, and hast multiplied thy fornications to provoke me.28Thou hast also committed fornication[/YELLOW] with the Assyrians, because thou wast not yet satisfied: and after thou hadst played the harlot with them, even so thou wast not contented. 29Thou hast also multiplied thy fornications in the land of Chanaan with the Chaldeans: and neither so wast then satisfied.

John 8:44 "You are from your father The Devil, and the desire of your father you are willing to do; from the beginning he has been murdering men and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him; whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from what is his, because he is of falsehood and is also its father."
John 8: 47"Whoever is from God hears God's words; therefore you are not hearing, because you are not from God."

John 8:42Yeshua said unto them, "If God were your father, you would have loved me, for I have proceeded from God and have not come of my own pleasure, but he has sent Me

Last edited:

SonOfCaleb

If the 'good' are apparently going to Heaven what's the point in the Earth and why would God create it, or the humans on it, only for them to die and possibly go to Heaven. Seems like a very sub optimal process to me....