Are you Going to Heaven?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My words are not of depression.

I enjoy this life knowing it is all for me.

This is the point of Buddhism, along with other schools.

I don't want heaven, there is bound to be the same cycles there as here.

Hell will be the same, cycles on cycles.

Buddha taught how to get out of that cycle.

Now, if I end up in hell after, so be it, I will enjoy because circumstances matter not. It is the same if I am to go to heaven, fine.

I will continue my practice until I cease there too.

It doesn't matter how pretty a picture you try to paint for heaven, even the greatest possible scenario would be boring after a few hundred years.

Same with hell, the greatest imagery of torture will just be normal after a time.

While they are in stark contrast to each other, it is your reaction that creates the distinction. It is what you take with you into each moment that dictates your experience of it.

you really are depressed :jazz:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
for the OP - i know i am. i don't care about you guys. that's your deal, man. not my problem. hey, i'm safe, man. so i can just tell everybody why they are wrong. repent. i'm sorry, that was my split personality. i don't really mean that

Ben Masada

there is much more Ben. after Jesus Is Risen, he came to Paul and revealed the Gospel of Grace. you can point to strictly teachings of the Law in Jesus' earthly ministry, it doesn't change the revelation to Paul. read it. soak it in - :hammer:

Revelation to Paul! How come Jesus' Apostles did not know about it? When Paul applied to join the Sect of the Nazarenes he was rejected by Jesus' Apostles for lack of qualifications to be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) That revelation must have been Paul's idea and he was not worth believing as he was addicted to lie to his heart's content.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus could have cared less about getting to heaven. That was a later theology overlaid on the word "salvation" which is something Jesus granted to others before his death on the cross.

Bible study is actually "studying the Bible."

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God in parables, not in propositional theology.
He was focused on this earth, with the powers and principalities and the poor and the diseased and the misshapen.

Our Father who art in Heaven...Your kingdom come, your will be done,
ON EARTH, as it is in heaven....

Heaven is just fine as it is. It's EARTH where the problems are.

Ben Masada

Jesus could have cared less about getting to heaven. That was a later theology overlaid on the word "salvation" which is something Jesus granted to others before his death on the cross.

Bible study is actually "studying the Bible."

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God in parables, not in propositional theology.
He was focused on this earth, with the powers and principalities and the poor and the diseased and the misshapen.

Our Father who art in Heaven...Your kingdom come, your will be done,
ON EARTH, as it is in heaven....

Heaven is just fine as it is. It's EARTH where the problems are.

Every thing is fine but to my honest understanding, Jesus could not grant salvation to man himself. He said that if one goes to the Temple to plead for salvation and is suddenly reminded that he has an issue with his neighbor, he is to leave all behind and go to set things right with his neighbor first and only then return to his prayers. (Mat. 5:24)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I could care less about getting to Heaven.

When I die I believe it will either be the most greatest and awesome journey I will ever take.

Or it will be absolutely nothing.

Ben Masada

I could care less about getting to Heaven.

When I die I believe it will either be the most greatest and awesome journey I will ever take.

Or it will be absolutely nothing.

Believe me, it will be absolutely nothing and until your remains be reduced to nothing with time. There will be nothing left to do back in the world. The world is for the living and not for the dead.

Heaven is not a place to get into but a peaceful state of mind we are urged to adopt into ourselves. (Luke 17:21) That's what Jesus said. The Kingdom of Heaven is to be found within ourselves or among us in the world.

The grave is not a journey either that we take but that we are taken to. The problem with superstitious people is that they have a hard time to accept reality; the reality of detachment from this world when the time is due. It is nice to stick to life but we are not to worry too much about death. Death must come as birth came. The two are deeply connected naturally.

bigbang123

I am a non-christian but if heaven is where God (Th Creator) is than the answer is yes I am going to heaven.

Psalms 145:9 The Lord is good to all and his tender mercies are over all his works / Ecc. 12:7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was and the spirit will return to God who gave it. / Psalms 136 "his mercy endureth forever"

Ben Masada

I am a non-christian but if heaven is where God (Th Creator) is than the answer is yes I am going to heaven.

Psalms 145:9 The Lord is good to all and his tender mercies are over all his works / Ecc. 12:7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was and the spirit will return to God who gave it. / Psalms 136 "his mercy endureth forever"

The reference to the spirit returning to God Who gave it is the same as the breath of life which is embellished with being a spirit. Even the expression, "will return to God Who gave it" is an embellishment for "It is gone." Now, for the body which returns to the earth is literal. BTW, the whole point is to explain the reality of death.

Last edited:

Aimiel

The reference to the spirit returning to God Who gave it is the same as the breath of life which is embellished with being a spirit. Even the expression, "will return to God Who gave it" is an embellishment for "Its is gone." Now, for the body which returns to the earth is literal. BTW, the whole point is to explain the reality of death.
The fact that we go to be with God is literal, too.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Ben Masada

"The spirit that returns to God" is only an embellishment for the breath of life that the Lord breathed into the nostrils of man when He formed him from the dust of the earth. (Gen. 2:7) Any thing akin to an emanation can be called a spirit.

Ben Masada

The fact that we go to be with God is literal, too.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

O my gosh! I hate to rain on your parade but, what can I say? I can't just keep strengthening your delusion. To be with God where? God is not restrict to a specific place. We are already with him if you can find a place in your mind for the concept that the universe is in God and not that God is in the universe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Every thing is fine but to my honest understanding, Jesus could not grant salvation to man himself. He said that if one goes to the Temple to plead for salvation and is suddenly reminded that he has an issue with his neighbor, he is to leave all behind and go to set things right with his neighbor first and only then return to his prayers. (Mat. 5:24)

go start setting things right with all those you've ever wronged, pack a suitcase. then you can pray - :patrol:

Ben Masada

go start setting things right with all those you've ever wronged, pack a suitcase. then you can pray - :patrol:

Well, if you do not agree, go take your case to Jesus. I gave you the quote. If indeed you have offended so many, probably that's what you gonna have to do.

Well, if you do not agree, go take your case to Jesus. I gave you the quote. If indeed you have offended so many, probably that's what you gonna have to do.

I apologize if you've responded to the OP question already. (In all fairness, you can't expect anybody to go through multiple pages on TOL, which would be cruel.) I ask, because, from everything I've seen and many things you've related to me, you have some very diminished prospects in the salvation department. Correct me if I'm wrong, you thoroughly reject Jesus Christ, right, despite even the Tenach, with His footprints all over it?

Ben Masada

I apologize if you've responded to the OP question already. (In all fairness, you can't expect anybody to go through multiple pages on TOL, which would be cruel.) I ask, because, from everything I've seen and many things you've related to me, you have some very diminished prospects in the salvation department. Correct me if Iris'm wrong, you thoroughly reject Jesus Christ, right, despite even the Tenach, with His footprints all over it?

Yea, let me correct where you are indeed wrong. I do not reject Jesus and much less thoroughly. I reject the "Christ" of Paul which cries far from being a legitimate picture of Jesus. I accept Jesus for what he really was and not for what the gospel of Paul aka the NT paints him to have been. And with regards to salvation the definition is not diminished prospects but positive information endorsed by Jesus himself and the Prophets. Regarding Jesus in the Tanach, only eyes infected by Christian preconceived notions can see him in there.

Yea, let me correct where you are indeed wrong. I do not reject Jesus and much less thoroughly. I reject the "Christ" of Paul which cries far from being a legitimate picture of Jesus. I accept Jesus for what he really was and not for what the gospel of Paul aka the NT paints him to have been. And with regards to salvation the definition is not diminished prospects but positive information endorsed by Jesus himself and the Prophets. Regarding Jesus in the Tanach, only eyes infected by Christian preconceived notions can see him in there.

Indeed wrong? Out of the gate, first chapter of John, Jesus Christ is very God. You don't thoroughly reject the Lord Jesus, when you deny His very Person and purpose? You aren't rationale. You're like saying you don't reject Albert Schweitzer, just that he was a doctor and that he was ever in Africa. And you know full well rejecting Jesus Christ means rejecting the truth of Christianity. Why are you even here, disputing the Lord Jesus and the Christian faith?

Ben Masada

Indeed wrong? Out of the gate, first chapter of John, Jesus Christ is very God. You don't thoroughly reject the Lord Jesus, when you deny His very Person and purpose? You aren't rationale. You're like saying you don't reject Albert Schweitzer, just that he was a doctor and that he was ever in Africa. And you know full well rejecting Jesus Christ means rejecting the truth of Christianity. Why are you even here, disputing the Lord Jesus and the Christian faith?

I am here for one reason only. Because Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism and the NT is using a Jew to preach against his Faith which just happens to be mine too. If you can teach the NT without using a Jew to preach against his Faith, I will never bother you again. I am sure that you don't deny the fact that Jesus was a Jew, do you? So let's refer to him as a Jew and not a Christian.

Now, with regards to the "truth" of Christianity, Isaiah states that if one does not teach according to the Law and the Prophets, there is no truth in what he or she says. (Isa. 8:20) does the NT teach according to the Law and the Prophets? I don't think so.

I am here for one reason only. Because Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism and the NT is using a Jew to preach against his Faith which just happens to be mine too. If you can teach the NT without using a Jew to preach against his Faith, I will never bother you again. I am sure that you don't deny the fact that Jesus was a Jew, do you? So let's refer to him as a Jew and not a Christian.

Now, with regards to the "truth" of Christianity, Isaiah states that if one does not teach according to the Law and the Prophets, there is no truth in what he or she says. (Isa. 8:20) does the NT teach according to the Law and the Prophets? I don't think so.

More antichrist smoke, trying to make Him a liar in His very being and teachings, shameful and evil.

I don't go to Buddhist forums, running down the Buddhist faith, or Hindus, or Taoists, or even Muslims' places of discourse, wouldn't even go to an auto mechanic's forum and dispute as mythological the need for oil in a crankcase. This is only the sort of thing idiotic trolls do, who thrive on offensiveness and disputing. And you're not that pathetic and lonely, right? If you're challenged with Google, I'll help you find some place Jewish.