Are you Going to Heaven?

Ben Masada

John 14

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

How could have Jesus said that when, as a Jew, he said that the Kingdom of God is akin to a peaceful state of mind we are supposed to let it inhabit within ourselves and not a place to go to? (Luke 17:21)

Ben Masada

Ben, there were many people (both believers and unbelievers) that attested to the fact that Jesus Christ returned from the dead. The fact that you reject that fact is just too bad for you.

Did they see Jesus returning from the dead? No, really there is no eyewitness to it. You are too gullible to believe something like that and from believers and unbelievers. God have mercy on you!

Right Divider

Body part
Did they see Jesus returning from the dead? No, really there is no eyewitness to it. You are too gullible to believe something like that and from believers and unbelievers. God have mercy on you!
Poor, poor Benny.

Jesus was executed by professionals and was later seen ALIVE again by hundreds of people.

It is you that is gullible.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I could care less. After I die it will be the greatest adventure of my life or it will be absolutely nothing.

Jesus didn't care about heaven.

It was in good shape and could take care of itself.

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. The earth is where the problems are.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
YOU ARE THE CYNICAL ONE WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE GOD AWAKES THE DEAD. The burden of proof is on your cynicism.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus preached the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. The earth is where the problems are.

The earth will be renewed when Jesus starts to reign.

In the mean time, His servants should preach His kingdom and recruit people to it instead of trying to fix it which cannot be done.

In new earth, we will be living by Jesus' law or teachings.

republicanchick

I could care less. After I die it will be the greatest adventure of my life or it will be absolutely nothing.

i tend to agree. but that doesn't mean we are to live as though this world is the only one. It is NOT.

:cool:

2 Timothy 1

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Ben Masada

But it happens that the heaven he talked about was akin to a peaceful state of mind one is supposed to allow within oneself if you read Luke 17:21 as in "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."

Ben Masada

YOU ARE THE CYNICAL ONE WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE GOD AWAKES THE DEAD. The burden of proof is on your cynicism.

You are simply telling me that Jesus was a cynical Jew because, as a Jew, he also did not believe in bodily resurrection. Unless you are talking about a Greek Jesus and not a Jewish one.

Ben Masada

No, you are the gullible one who thinks God has something against dead people.

You didn't even read the name of the poster and gave answer as if he was I. Poor Omniskeptical! No, God has nothing against the dead, good or evil. He is just not a God for the dead but only for the living if you read Mark 12:27.

oatmeal

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (*James‬ *2‬:*24‬ KJV)

Romans 5:1

James 2:24

There is a huge difference between temporary justification and eternal justification

Man may have been able to temporarily justify himself under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices for sin were still necessary.

Our justification is by the works and sacrifice of the son of God, there is no longer any need for our works to justify us.

However, our justification by God's work in Christ implies that we should live accordingly and live a life that glorifies God for having justly justified us

We should be thankful to God for our justification and thus live/walk worthy of that.