Are you Going to Heaven?

oatmeal

Yes, I am going to heaven

I did Romans 10:9-10 and I am saved from my sin.

I am born again of incorruptible seed. I Peter 1:23

I have eternal life. Romans 6:23, I John 5:13

I have spirit from God in me. I John 4:13

I have been justified. Romans 5:1

I am under no condemnation Romans 8:1

Ben Masada

I don't understand all this Ray Comfort style BS going around calling people adulterers and murderers. How many people do these bull horning loud mouths get saved? If you're going to the unsaved calling them murderers, they are likely to say something like "wow, I'm not really that bad" and then not get saved. Teaching people the laws of God is necessary, but AFTER they get saved. Before they get saved, doctrine won't matter. All the unsaved need to know is they are sinners and need faith in Jesus Christ to save them. The Bible says all liars will go to hell. Have you ever told a lie? Yes, everyone has. Then you will go to hell without faith in the Lord. We don't need to tell everyone they are equal to a mass murderer. That's not going to do much of anything but make people resist what you say. Just give them the Gospel. Then once they are saved, then help them learn all doctrine through the Bible. Further, putting so much emphasis on all these sins is making people think if they sin they are going to hell. That is not the gospel. Sinners go to hell unless they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. The wage of sin is death, but Jesus is the way to eternal life. Lack of faith is what will send people to hell. We should be focusing on giving people the Gospel and getting them saved. Then they can learn doctrine. All this Ray Comfort yelling and shouting is not a very good way to get people saved. We need to be preaching against sin and preaching doctrine from the pulpit to edify the saints. Preaching hard on doctrine to the unsaved doesn't make sense. Get them saved first.

There are two kinds of salvation. One is universal salvation from universal catastrophes of the size of the Flood and the other is personal salvation from one's sins.

The universal salvation is free as it depends totally on God's grace. The personal salvation is quite costing: Obedience to the Law, there is. Isaiah, talking about the personal salvation said that to set things right with God so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow, we must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Jesus added to personal salvation that if one goes into the Temple to plead for salvation and is reminded that he has offended some one else, he must leave all behind and go set things right with whoever he has offended and only then, return to the Temple to proceed with his prayers. Otherwise, God won't even hear what he has to say. (Mat. 5:23,24)

And last but not the least, when Jesus said that salvation comes from the Jews, he meant universal salvation. (John 4:22) Personal salvation is a private business which no one can get it for us. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There are two kinds of salvation. One is universal salvation from universal catastrophes of the size of the Flood and the other is personal salvation from one's sins.

The universal salvation is free as it depends totally on God's grace. The personal salvation is quite costing: Obedience to the Law, there is. Isaiah, talking about the personal salvation said that to set things right with God so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow, we must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Jesus added to personal salvation that if one goes into the Temple to plead for salvation and is reminded that he has offended some one else, he must leave all behind and go set things right with whoever he has offended and only then, return to the Temple to proceed with his prayers. Otherwise, God won't even hear what he has to say. (Mat. 5:23,24)

And last but not the least, when Jesus said that salvation comes from the Jews, he meant universal salvation. (John 4:22) Personal salvation is a private business which no one can get it for us. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

This is so lame! How does one become so confused?
:loser:

Daniel1611

The question is inadequate.

Here's a better one:
If there were no Heaven and no Hell, would you still be a Christian?

If no reward for your good deeds was dangled out there at the end of life, if no threat of punishment was blasted in your eyes, IF THE ONLY REWARD OR PUNISHMENT IS A FULFILLING LIFE OR A LACK OF ONE, would you still follow Christ?

I don't do good deeds to go to heaven. I'll go to heaven because I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus paid it all. I'm going to heaven because Jesus paid my debt. I try to do good deeds BECAUSE Christ paid for my sins, not so I will go to heaven. Even for he that worketh not but believeth, his faith is accounted unto him as righteousness.

IMJerusha

Jerusha, I thought we were discussing the Scriptures and not midrashim. Not only in Christianity but even in Judaism we have people who believe in demons, exorcism, and even voodoo and Santeria. It does not mean though that this is Judaism. Josephus must have been describing some of these people's psychic practices. For a Jew to believe in such things, it only means contradictions of the Tanach; let alone idolatry. Me thinks you are not too familiar with these variations of beliefs within the main Sect.

Since when is Sod (PRDS) not part of Judaism?

When Isaiah said, "To the Law and the Prophets; if you don't teach accordingly, it is because there is no truth in what you say" he was speaking to Israel. (Isa. 8:20) You can't imagine how many among the People of Israel at the time of Elijah practiced these things as part of the Baal sect of worshipers.

At the time of Elijah? Try at the time of Yeshua! Why do you think He was so angry with the P'rushim?

Ben Masada

I don't do good deeds to go to heaven. I'll go to heaven because I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus paid it all. I'm going to heaven because Jesus paid my debt. I try to do good deeds BECAUSE Christ paid for my sins, not so I will go to heaven. Even for he that worketh not but believeth, his faith is accounted unto him as righteousness.

This is the most dangerous doctrine if ever observed. Try not to observe the Law to test if Jesus paid it all. And when you be taken to Court, tell the Judge that Jesus has paid your debt and wait to see if the judge will let you go scot-free. You will go straight to jail without paying 200.

Ben Masada

Since when is Sod (PRDS) not part of Judaism?

At the time of Elijah? Try at the time of Yeshua! Why do you think He was so angry with the P'rushim?

He was not. Paul was the one who had a grudge against the Pharisees who never allowed him to raise a Christian sect in Jerusalem. Jesus was rather of the Pharisaic line. Evidence? Twice the Pharisees tried to save Jesus from being arrested and taken to the cross. First with Herod when Pharisees, undercover, came to him and revealed a secret order by Herod to his soldiers to arrest Jesus. And they urged with him to leave the region. Jesus did as he was bid and got saved from Herod. (Luke 13:31)

The second time was at the entrance of Jerusalem when Jesus was being acclaimed king of the Jews by his own disciples in a Roman province which was Jerusalem at the time. The Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples' nonsense or he would end up on the cross. Jesus answered he could not or even the stones would shout. Okay, the Pharisees must have said to one another; don't tell us later that we didn't warn you. The end result is that Jesus was arrested, taken to the cross and his verdict nailed on the top of his cross: INRI. But it didn't help the anti-Semites who prefer the slander that the Jews were the ones who crucified Jesus, not the Romans.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
He was not. Paul was the one who had a grudge against the Pharisees who never allowed him to raise a Christian sect in Jerusalem. Jesus was rather of the Pharisaic line. Evidence? Twice the Pharisees tried to save Jesus from being arrested and taken to the cross. First with Herod when Pharisees, undercover, came to him and revealed a secret order by Herod to his soldiers to arrest Jesus. And they urged with him to leave the region. Jesus did as he was bid and got saved from Herod. (Luke 13:31)

The second time was at the entrance of Jerusalem when Jesus was being acclaimed king of the Jews by his own disciples in a Roman province which was Jerusalem at the time. The Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples' nonsense or he would end up on the cross. Jesus answered he could not or even the stones would shout. Okay, the Pharisees must have said to one another; don't tell us later that we didn't warn you. The end result is that Jesus was arrested, taken to the cross and his verdict nailed on the top of his cross: INRI. But it didn't help the anti-Semites who prefer the slander that the Jews were the ones who crucified Jesus, not the Romans.
Yeah, law engorgement, I mean enforcement, was so innocent then. Especially this Herod, who wasn't threatening him, but rather feeling kind and timid.:loser:

oatmeal

Jesus Christ did not die for us because of how good we were but because of how desperately we needed God's help to get to the Father.

Our salvation is absolutely not dependent on our works, be them good or bad, but on the works of God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

If we sin after we have received salvation, we do not lose that gift of salvation for that gift of salvation is the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Having received that gift of eternal life from God, God has sealed us for eternal life.

God never condones sin, but since all sins have been paid for, all sins have been paid for.

JPHamilton

Jesus Christ did not die for us because of how good we were but because of how desperately we needed God's help to get to the Father.

Our salvation is absolutely not dependent on our works, be them good or bad, but on the works of God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

If we sin after we have received salvation, we do not lose that gift of salvation for that gift of salvation is the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Having received that gift of eternal life from God, God has sealed us for eternal life.

God never condones sin, but since all sins have been paid for, all sins have been paid for.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (*James‬ *2‬:*24‬ KJV)

Ben Masada

This interpretation contradicts the Prophets. According to Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20 no one can die for the sins of another or cause our sins to be paid for.

We all have been granted with the attribute of free will; so we can get to the Father any time we wish to. Prophet Isaiah said that to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we need is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

There is nothing on earth or in heaven that will seal us for eternal life. It would be a contradiction to God's Word in the Torah that man could not live forever. Read Genesis 3:22.