Are you Going to Heaven?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
You didn't even read the name of the poster and gave answer as if he was I. Poor Omniskeptical! No, God has nothing against the dead, good or evil. He is just not a God for the dead but only for the living if you read Mark 12:27.

But you don't believe God delivers on the afterlife.:cool:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes.

John 14:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

republicanchick

it's interesting that the faith alone folks do not want to discuss the actual Scriputre readings that CLEARLY refute osas (example: one in OP).

But then, I guess if you consider that people believe what they want... not so interesting after all

:juggle:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
it's interesting that the faith alone folks do not want to discuss the actual Scriputre readings that CLEARLY refute osas (example: one in OP).

But then, I guess if you consider that people believe what they want... not so interesting after all

:juggle:

There is no refuting eternal security;

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

republicanchick

There is no refuting eternal security;

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

sure there is. The Bible refutes it... not that the Bible saves people. If it did, the world wouldn't be in such a MESS... after all, even liberals quote the bible here and there when it suits them.

Anyway, you can't just "accept Christ" and then sin all you want and get into Heaven. That is one the top most ABSURD and ridiculous things I have ever heard.

You did not read the Scriputre in the OP... too bad...

++'

OCTOBER23

Are you Going to Heaven ?
===================

Technically speaking , The Church goes to the New Jerusalem.

The Church who keeps the commandments of God and the Testimony of
Jesus is taken up to the New Jerusalem Mansion just before Satan is thrown
down and the Two Witnesses start Preaching to the JEWS during the last half
of the Tribulation.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

sure there is. The Bible refutes it... not that the Bible saves people. If it did, the world wouldn't be in such a MESS... after all, even liberals quote the bible here and there when it suits them.

Anyway, you can't just "accept Christ" and then sin all you want and get into Heaven. That is one the top most ABSURD and ridiculous things I have ever heard.

You did not read the Scriputre in the OP... too bad...

++'
I'm not too concerned. If you want to doubt your salvation you may want to check and see if you are truly saved.

republicanchick

I'm not too concerned. If you want to doubt your salvation you may want to check and see if you are truly saved.

Most people believe that only OTHER people go to Hell.

And yet Jesus's words stand still: that FEW find the narrow way to Heaven

the narrow way is the Church He founded.

And most people hate that Church

+++

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It does not have to do with the church;

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do you believe it?

republicanchick

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do you believe it?

then why did Jesus speak of HIs Church and the power IT alone has?

"I will build My Church and the gates of Hell wll not prevail against it"

Mt 16:18

looks like the gates of hell can prevail against... individuals... left to their own devices..

+++

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
then why did Jesus speak of HIs Church and the power IT alone has?

"I will build My Church and the gates of Hell wll not prevail against it"

Mt 16:18

looks like the gates of hell can prevail against... individuals... left to their own devices..

+++

Believe in simplicity. The gospel is not complicated. Even children understand it.

Ben Masada

Do you believe it?

My version is that God so loved the world that he became a Jew to teach man what love is and made a big mistake because men killed him and kept on killing other Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. Obviously, man was not ready to learn what love is.

republicanchick

My version is that God so loved the world that he became a Jew to teach man what love is and made a big mistake because men killed him and kept on killing other Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. Obviously, man was not ready to learn what love is.

Jesus could have saved himself. But the price for sin had to be paid. And he paid it. "If this cup can pass from Me.. yet not My will, but Yours be done"

==

Ben Masada

Jesus could have saved himself. But the price for sin had to be paid. And he paid it. "If this cup can pass from Me.. yet not My will, but Yours be done"

==

I am glad you have reminded us that it was not Jesus' will to walk the "Via Dolorosa" as he said, "yet not my will." It was not Jesus' will to die for no one. That's why he prayed 3 times in the Gethsemane not to. Besides, he was reminded of the word of the Prophets that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20) If he came to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter as we have in Mat. 5:17-19, he could not contradict the Prophets.

There is something else you have reminded us of: That Jesus could have saved himself. Indeed he could if he had listened to the Pharisees who tried to save him from being arrested by Pilate by asking him to stop his disciples from acclaiming him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem, a Roman province at the time. That's what he died for. Hence his verdict: INRI. (Luke 19:37-40)