Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it means Tambora doesn't believe the Gospel of grace according to 1Cor 15:1-4 or any other scripture. She professed her belief in a contingent God.

She's no different than Mormons who say the Gospel is a 1Cor 15:1-4.
for the record, I have never insisted that 1 Cor 15:14 has to be memorized, or even included every single time someone talks about the gospel.
I think I could give a bible to someone that has those particular verses blacked out (for whatever reason, maybe a kid spilled ink on that page) and still be able to determine what the gospel is.
But, as we know, you can go right ahead and say I do if you want to.

Oh, BTW .....
View attachment 24421

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Just a point on teaching methods:

There's the "cowboy" way - smack them upside the head and berate them for their ignorance. Then start with some really good expletives and hope what you're trying to teach them sinks in. This is a really crappy soul-winning technique. Especially when your opposition is "entrenched."

There's the Christian way - with gentleness and respect you take them by the hand, teach them the proper usage of the new vocabulary words, explain to them in terms they can understand why you believe what you believe and how you came to those beliefs based on experimental evidences. And you cover all of that in Spirit-driven/led prayer. Add to this the witness of the Love that is in you and you win souls.

You and PPS need to exhibit more love and patience and less name-calling and anathematizing. You've both hit the "why do the Gentiles" rage buttons and this thread has descended into a snake pit.

And, incredibly, [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] and I probably don't agree on many things but she is my friend. I will not defend her words but I will defend the heart behind them.

I would defend you in the same way.

I would ask both of you (you and PPS), especially in this thread, to endeavor to share the truth IN LOVE. As it stands, the wild bunch is up in arms and I don't blame them.

Peruse this thread yourself, carefully and prayerfully. The mind of Christ and the heart of Christ are no where in it.

There are only big words and meanness, unkindness and judgement.

I will show you much love, by not responding to this post at this moment.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
monotheism - working alone

Is the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Spirit ever working alone without the other two?

When you and another build a house, and one hammers and the other saws - THEY are working together..
But only one (alone) is doing the hammering and only one (alone) is doing the sawing.
Two different actions going on (hammering and sawing) by two within the one group (the builders).
And yet it can also be said that one action is going on (building a house) by one group (the builders) without any need to go into detail about which one was doing what specific chore that the other was not doing.
And for either one (the hammerer or the sawer) can be said "He is building a house".

The Father sent.
The Son came.
There are two actions going on by two (one sending and one coming).
And yet it can be said that THEY together saved.

Working together --- saving, building a house.
Working alone.--- sent (hammering), came (sawing)

Working alone.
Working together.

It's nowhere near as complicated as you try to make it if you just let the words speak for themselves.

None of that is Monergism. Monergism is regarding Soteriology, not Theology Proper.

Do you affirm Monergism?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
for the record, I have never insisted that 1 Cor 15:14 has to be memorized, or even included every single time someone talks about the gospel.
I think I could give a bible to someone that has those particular verses blacked out (for whatever reason, maybe a kid spilled ink on that page) and still be able to determine what the gospel is.
But, as we know, you can go right ahead and say I do if you want to.

You do not believe 1Corinthians 15:1-4, despite your insistence. Nor do Unitarians who say they do. Nor Arians. Nor Gnostics.

BTW, Tritheist... What is the distinction between perichoresis and synergy?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Just a point on teaching methods:

No. Teaching requires teacher and pupil/s. None of these heretics are pupils.

This is contending earnestly for the faith and for truth against innovations as heresies amongst the reprobate.

There's the "cowboy" way - smack them upside the head and berate them for their ignorance. Then start with some really good expletives and hope what you're trying to teach them sinks in. This is a really crappy soul-winning technique. Especially when your opposition is "entrenched."

There's the Christian way - with gentleness and respect you take them by the hand, teach them the proper usage of the new vocabulary words, explain to them in terms they can understand why you believe what you believe and how you came to those beliefs based on experimental evidences. And you cover all of that in Spirit-driven/led prayer. Add to this the witness of the Love that is in you and you win souls.

You and PPS need to exhibit more love and patience and less name-calling and anathematizing. You've both hit the "why do the Gentiles" rage buttons and this thread has descended into a snake pit.

And, incredibly, [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] and I probably don't agree on many things but she is my friend. I will not defend her words but I will defend the heart behind them.

I would defend you in the same way.

I would ask both of you (you and PPS), especially in this thread, to endeavor to share the truth IN LOVE. As it stands, the wild bunch is up in arms and I don't blame them.

Peruse this thread yourself, carefully and prayerfully. The mind of Christ and the heart of Christ are no where in it.

There are only big words and meanness, unkindness and judgement.

They're ALWAYS up in arms. And always all the things you've insisted of us. They have been given the truth and had their lies exposed. They are accountable. I have functioned according to agape. Neither you nor they know the meaning or application of the word.

You would be scolding Jesus for cleansing the temple both times and lobbying for the money changers, insisting Jesus wasn't being loving.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Interesting.
So all those folks in the past that used the word "persons" for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit never experienced regeneration/sanctification, and only used that word because they were in unbelief and denial.
Poor souls.

This has nothing to even do with the topic at hand. And you have no clue about any of that anyway, just like everything else in theology.

theophilus

Neither you nor they know the meaning or application of the word.

Says all-knowing you who reads minds and hearts. But you can throw me under the bus; I'm OK with that.

You would be scolding Jesus for cleansing the temple both times and lobbying for the money changers, insisting Jesus wasn't being loving.

Really I wouldn't.

One can't make a House of Prayer into a den of thieves without incurring holy, righteous anger.

However, I expect "trained" and self-professing "theologians" to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord on a public message board, Christian or not.

You would have dumped Peter and the other Galilean fishermen as idiots and heretics because they wouldn't have understood you, either.

Really?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would rather hear from AMR, who has been real quiet about all this discussion . . .
We'll see if he comes in here saying that I am the worst antichrist heretic reprobate with no God that has ever lived.
:popcorn:

Right Divider

Body part
What does "synergy" have to do with divine persons?
I believe that Tambora is trying to make the point that the Greek words that are today said as "synergy" are derived from two Greek words that mean "work together".

In a previous post, PPS said: "The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work together. It's called perichoresis."

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?89868-Spammers-wasteland&p=4736986&viewfull=1#post4736986

So it appears that we can only use the words approved by PPS to describe things, otherwise we are heretics.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe that Tambora is trying to make the point that the Greek words that are today said as "synergy" are derived from two Greek words that mean "work together".

In a previous post, PPS said: "The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work together. It's called perichoresis."

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?89868-Spammers-wasteland&p=4736986&viewfull=1#post4736986

So it appears that we can only use the words approved by PPS to describe things, otherwise we are heretics.

Ya know, I could walk into a crowd and say, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit rotate", and they would have a blank stare on their face.
Or, I could walk into a crowd and say, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit work together," and they would say Amen.

And then PPS and Nang would bust in calling them all heretics.

Right Divider

Body part
Ya know, I could walk into a crowd and say, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit rotate", and they would have a blank stare on their face.
Or, I could walk into a crowd and say, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit work together," and they would say Amen.

And then PPS and Nang would bust in calling them all heretics.
It's also quite hypocritical to derogatorily call some people "English literalists" and then turn around and reject the literal Greek words.

But hey, they're the Greek experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.