Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What if you are a "babe" in the faith and don't know how to verbalize this truth yet. Are you still His?

Of course.

Regeneration does not automatically make one a proficient apologist and sanctification takes a lifetime.

Regeneration/Sanctification never causes denial of Godly attributes. Only unbelief and denial is the cause. Any person that has professed salvation for any length of time, needs to be corrected when they deny who God says He is.

Can one be regenerate and not know Greek?

Can one regenerated be taught Truth from the Greek, and deny that Truth?

As we accept the truths of scripture and walk in them we are given more truth. Everyone does not walk at the same pace and we all certainly don't have the same vocabulary.

Are we still His?

:think:

You are discussing hypotheticals, while a person is actually denying the attributes of God on a public theological site. There is no point in your doing so.

And I thought I read that you were going to remove yourself from the conversation. Might be the thing to do, because you are revealing unbelief too, by defending the sinful choices of another.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It is pompous, and unnecessary.

It is basic education studied and learned by any Protestant seminarian. Every Pastor and Elder know and are guided by Theology Proper.

You just have never been educated in the Protestant faith and show no interested in learning anything much at all. I consider you to be intellectually lazy.

SaulToPaul 2

It is basic education studied and learned by any Protestant seminarian. Every Pastor and Elder know and are guided by Theology Proper.

You just have never been educated in the Protestant faith and show no interested in learning anything much at all. I consider you to be intellectually lazy.

It is pompous and unnecessary.

I am not a Protestant.

SaulToPaul 2

I heard that your teammates would say, let the Geek STP dodge this one. True?

Oh sure! You're a regular Chip Caray today aren't you, with your play by play humor!

Why don't you go down to the diner and give Olive one of those nickels with the buffalo pointing the wrong way. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But none of this out of any necessity, Tam!
So just hammering only (but no sawing) --- or vise versa --- was necessary to build a house?
So just sending only (but no coming) --- or vice versa --- was necessary to save?

I would say that is incorrect.
I would say that in both instances, both were necessary.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Regeneration/Sanctification never causes denial of Godly attributes. Only unbelief and denial is the cause.
Interesting.
So all those folks in the past that used the word "persons" for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit never experienced regeneration/sanctification, and only used that word because they were in unbelief and denial.
Poor souls.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So just hammering only (but no sawing) --- or vise versa --- was necessary to build a house?
So just sending only (but no coming) --- or vice versa --- was necessary to save?

What are you talking about? You are confusing yourself (and others, I fear).

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Pepe sees how he cornered himself, so he refuses to answer a simple y/n.

To recap:

Tam believes the Gospel of the grace of God, which Pepe agreed is the saving Gospel.

But that wasn't enough (in Pepe's opinion) to save Tam, or any of us. He's said many times we're all lost no matter how strongly we affirm our belief the saving Gospel.

Pepe wanted Tam (and the rest of us) to sign off on his credal definition of the Trinity. Whether she already agrees with it or not is beside the point. He made it clear that THAT STATEMENT SHE MADE is the reason he said she's not saved.

So when I asked if recanting it would cause him to affirm she is saved, he refused to answer because he saw how he'd just trapped himself.

Why did Pepe say Tam was lost? Because she rejects the saving Gospel? No. He knows she doesn't.

It's because she may disagree with him on a CREED.

That means Pepe don't actually believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 saves whoever believes it. That means he believes that agreeing with Reformed formulations determines if someone is saved. The Gospel is secondary, at best.

Pepe, that means you are,

(a) an unrighteous judge, for making your own personal definitions -- and not the Gospel -- the measure by which you damn others.

(b) a liar and a hypocrite for doing exactly what you have been accusing us of doing. Difference is, where we use ONLY the Gospel as the measure, you use human creeds and traditions. The Gospel -- the power of God unto salvation -- really doesn't matter to you.

I await your inevitable and permanent banning. It will happen sooner or later.

No, it means Tambora doesn't believe the Gospel of grace according to 1Cor 15:1-4 or any other scripture. She professed her belief in a contingent God.

She's no different than Mormons who say the Gospel is a 1Cor 15:1-4.

theophilus

Of course.

Regeneration/Sanctification never causes denial of Godly attributes. Only unbelief and denial is the cause. Any person that has professed salvation for any length of time, needs to be corrected when they deny who God says He is.

Can one regenerated be taught Truth from the Greek, and deny that Truth?

You are discussing hypotheticals, while a person is actually denying the attributes of God on a public theological site. There is no point in your doing so.

And I thought I read that you were going to remove yourself from the conversation. Might be the thing to do, because you are revealing unbelief too, by defending the sinful choices of another.

Just a point on teaching methods:

There's the "cowboy" way - smack them upside the head and berate them for their ignorance. Then start with some really good expletives and hope what you're trying to teach them sinks in. This is a really crappy soul-winning technique. Especially when your opposition is "entrenched."

There's the Christian way - with gentleness and respect you take them by the hand, teach them the proper usage of the new vocabulary words, explain to them in terms they can understand why you believe what you believe and how you came to those beliefs based on experimental evidences. And you cover all of that in Spirit-driven/led prayer. Add to this the witness of the Love that is in you and you win souls.

You and PPS need to exhibit more love and patience and less name-calling and anathematizing. You've both hit the "why do the Gentiles" rage buttons and this thread has descended into a snake pit.

And, incredibly, [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] and I probably don't agree on many things but she is my friend. I will not defend her words but I will defend the heart behind them.

I would defend you in the same way.

I would ask both of you (you and PPS), especially in this thread, to endeavor to share the truth IN LOVE. As it stands, the wild bunch is up in arms and I don't blame them.

Peruse this thread yourself, carefully and prayerfully. The mind of Christ and the heart of Christ are no where in it.

There are only big words and meanness, unkindness and judgement.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure! You're a regular Chip Caray today aren't you, with your play by play humor!

Why don't you go down to the diner and give Olive one of those nickels with the buffalo pointing the wrong way. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Oh, you're a regular Wallace Cleaver, high filootin', way above the Lumpy's, and Eddie Haskell's of the world, Mayor, having attended "State," being a member of a "the Geek" fraternity, and a country club, ain't you Mayor? Why don't you become Rush chairman, and tell the prospects you are a member of Kappa Epsilon Gamma, i.e., K.E.G.? Or Beta Tau Upsilon, i.e., "Better Than U?" You're a real scream, Mayor.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, it means Tambora doesn't believe the Gospel of grace according to 1Cor 15:1-4 or any other scripture. She professed her belief in a contingent God.

She's no different than Mormons who say the Gospel is a 1Cor 15:1-4.

Or you, that asserts that Judas preached "the Gospel" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Interesting.
So all those folks in the past that used the word "persons" for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit never experienced regeneration/sanctification, and only used that word because they were in unbelief and denial.
Poor souls.

The translation of hypostasis was wrongly changed out of convenience in the Latin to "persona," which has led to "person" in the English. That is because the original definitions of the Greek run in the hundreds, and persona was an easy summary of the essence.

This is the problem with English-speaking literalists. They just accept translations without inquiry into the original languages, which has led to numerous theological errors.

And I admit my own ignorance in this regard. I am woefully uneducated in the languages . . but you have shown interest in referring to the Greek on many occasion. Why not now?

Status
Not open for further replies.