Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theophilus

You should be laughing at yourself, along with your peers who thank your posts like this.

Intermission:

Some of us "thank" others just because we're glad they're here. Some of us "thank" others because, in this medium, it's easier than giving them a cold drink of water in Jesus Name. Some of us "thank" others whether or not we agree with them. Some of us "thank" others because they have provided us with "fodder" for our prayers and supplications. Some of us "thank" others we've never met, probably never will (on this side of death) and a little good will can go a long way. Some of us are just thankful.

Thank you.

:)

At the foot of the cross we are all peers.

:think:

john w

Hall of Fame
More baked-brain nothingness.

Translation: I, puffed up Pneumonia, am not qualified to speak on these things, and ask on these things, being bloodied by the great saint John W, having being reduced to my one liner bag of slick tricks, by him, and it is obvious, that I am a bible rejecting, bible agnostic/mystic,and ignorant blowhard, and even I, Pneumonia, can see it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sigh and LOL.

This is not a dating, "relationship" site, toots. You hit the wrong "favorite."

Personally, I'm not a Calvinist..... I greatly admire him, personally.

So, you are "impersonally" a Calvinist? Is that like, "I'm 'personally' against abortion(fill in the blank), but I do not want to impose my beliefs on others...." jazz? So, you lost your vertebrae/spine, along with your mind, a "spell" ago, also? How did that happen, toots? Too much egeekashun?

A blip of ad hominem...You're the king of ad hominem,

Is that an alcoholic beverage?

No, wait. You're prince. John w is the king. He's just always in a stupor.

That's saint John W, to you, rummy. And stupor is, as stupor does, Lt. Puff N Stuff.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Intermission:

Some of us "thank" others just because we're glad they're here. Some of us "thank" others because, in this medium, it's easier than giving them a cold drink of water in Jesus Name. Some of us "thank" others whether or not we agree with them. Some of us "thank" others because they have provided us with "fodder" for our prayers and supplications. Some of us "thank" others we've never met, probably never will (on this side of death) and a little good will can go a long way. Some of us are just thankful.

Thank you.

Thanks theo, that's what I think about Thanks too !!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Intermission:

Thank you.

Fair enough. :)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

It's exactly what you did in abject ignorance.

Monergism and Synergism are ONLY in reference to God's relation with man. You made it about Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

There is no more blatantly ignorant and ridiculous theological failure than to apply Monergism and Synergism to the alleged "persons" of God in their perichoresis.

The only last vapor of credibility your could salvage would be to unconditionally admit your foolish ignorance and move on.

But here you are, still contending that Monergism and Synergism somehow apply to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in their relation/function.

But you'll prevaricate rather than admit it was the hugest theological gaffe in the history of mankind.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
This is not a dating, "relationship" site, toots. You hit the wrong "favorite."

So, you are "impersonally" a Calvinist? Is that like, "I'm 'personally' against abortion(fill in the blank), but I do not want to impose my beliefs on others...." jazz? So, you lost your vertebrae/spine, along with your mind, a "spell" ago, also? How did that happen, toots? Too much egeekashun?

Is that an alcoholic beverage?

That's saint John W, to you, rummy. And stupor is, as stupor does, Lt. Puff N Stuff.

You're not a saint, so... No. It's not saint john w to me or anyone else.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Monergism and Synergism are ONLY in reference to God's relation with man.

noun: synergism

• the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects. ---"the synergy between artist and record company"
  • synonyms:cooperative interaction, cooperation, combined effort, give and take
    "there's no synergy between the two, so no costs are saved"

Origin
mid 19th century: from Greek sunergos ‘working together,’ from sun- ‘together’ + ergon ‘work.’

Notice that the examples given are not "
ONLY in reference to God's relation with man".
Well I'll be, imagine that.

Not to mention that some in the Reformed camp also that God acts both ways with mankind.

Some Calvinists teach that Monergism only applies to regeneration, and that sanctification is synergistic.
Reformed Baptist Andrew Naselli expressed this view

when he wrote, “A monergistic view of regeneration is biblical, but a monergistic view of sanctification is not.”

Your view is not indisputable.
It has been debated both within the Reformed camp and without.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

• the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects. ---"the synergy between artist and record company"

Origin
mid 19th century: from Greek sunergos ‘working together,’ from sun- ‘together’ + ergon ‘work.’

Give it up, Tambora.

The definition of synergy does not apply to the Godhead, for the Trinity is not made up of separate parts.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's exactly what you did in abject ignorance.

Monergism and Synergism are ONLY in reference to God's relation with man. You made it about Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

There is no more blatantly ignorant and ridiculous theological failure than to apply Monergism and Synergism to the alleged "persons" of God in their perichoresis.

The only last vapor of credibility your could salvage would be to unconditionally admit your foolish ignorance and move on.

But here you are, still contending that Monergism and Synergism somehow apply to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in their relation/function.

But you'll prevaricate rather than admit it was the hugest theological gaffe in the history of mankind.

I get the impression that you deem us all ignorant from your high and lofty perch.

I saw the company name 'Synergy' on a very large propane tank once.
In my abject ignorance, I immediately thought the company must be owned by a gnarly band of Methodists.

Theologians are just men. They make up words for categories. It's not permanently fixed but I know that terms must be agreed upon for adequate communication and that there is a historical stream of common vocabulary.

Etymologists who write dictionaries add and change the definitions of words continually.

Cultures evolve the meaning and use of words regularly and etymologists observe and change words in dictionaries accordingly.

Though Tambora's use of monergism and synergism may not be customary to wordy Theologians, still GOD is 'mono-one' and GOD is internally divers working necessarily harmoniously together 'sun-syn'.

When one speaks of Theism as a 'dualism' vs 'monism' and one speaks of a 'dualism' in man's make-up, the same word is used to describe two totally different spheres, and one finds the need to unpack both concepts in order to be clear.

When I read Tambora' post, I had no confusion concerning what she was talking about.
I immediately knew that she wasn't speaking of Calvinism vs Arminianism.

On the other hand, most of your posts are so chocked full Theologically word perfect, that I get the impression that many people here don't even bother to read them because they're too complicated. You lose communication in your attempt to sound highly cerebral. Land th' plane!

I think that most TOL posters would agree that while they wouldn't always necessarily agree with Tambora's point of view, they don't have any problem whatsoever understanding what she means. She's a very good communicator.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not to mention that some in the Reformed camp also that God acts both ways with mankind.

Some Calvinists teach that Monergism only applies to regeneration, and that sanctification is synergistic.

when he wrote, “A monergistic view of regeneration is biblical, but a monergistic view of sanctification is not.”

Whether sanctification is a synergistic cooperation between God and the saints is indeed theologically argued within the Reformed camp, but never has it been entertained that there is synergism between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As PPS explained, the term perichoresis is the word to define the cohesive workings of Triune God.

You are still confused about the definitions and scope of the terminology.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I get the impression that you deem us all ignorant from your high and lofty perch.

In my abject ignorance, I immediately thought the company must be owned by a gnarly band of Methodists.

Theologians are just men. They make up words for categories. It's not permanently fixed but I know that terms must be agreed upon for adequate communication and that there is a historical stream of common vocabulary.

Etymologists who write dictionaries add and change the definitions of words continually.

Cultures evolve the meaning and use of words regularly and etymologists observe and change words in dictionaries accordingly.

Though Tambora's use of monergism and synergism may not be customary to wordy Theologians, still GOD is 'mono-one' and GOD is internally divers working necessarily harmoniously together 'sun-syn'.

When one speaks of Theism as a 'dualism' vs 'monism' and one speaks of a 'dualism' in man's make-up, the same word is used to describe two totally different spheres, and one finds the need to unpack both concepts in order to be clear.

When I read Tambora' post, I had no confusion concerning what she was talking about.

On the other hand, most of your posts are so chocked full Theologically word perfect, that I get the impression that many people here don't even bother to read them because they're too complicated. You lose communication in your attempt to sound highly cerebral. Land th' plane!

I think that most TOL posters would agree that while they wouldn't always necessarily agree with Tambora's point of view, they don't have any problem whatsoever understanding what she means. She's a very good communicator.

What is wrong with Tambora being corrected? Especially about erroneous application of terminology pertaining to the Trinity?

I struggle with the dumbing-down of Christianity that is occurring in these last days .. It vexes my soul, and I appreciate having a TOL member who has knowledge of the original language, that will help prevent us from failing to appreciate the attributes of God, His saving grace, and the deeper truths of His glory. Romans 11:33-36

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Origin

But YOU made it about the relation between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of these are about God and man in whatever manner.

You specifically addressed Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as either cooperating together or not being Monergism or Synergism.

You're a Tritheist, but you can't admit it like most Tritheists professing to be Trinitarians.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What is wrong with Tambora being corrected? Especially about erroneous application of terminology pertaining to the Trinity?

I struggle with the dumbing-down of Christianity that is occurring in these last days .. It vexes my soul, and I appreciate having a TOL member who has knowledge of the original language, that will help prevent us from failing to appreciate the attributes of God, His saving grace, and the deeper truths of His glory. Romans 12:33-36

But you're a lover of truth and a lover of God, unlike so many of these who are lovers of false preferential doctrine and self.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're not a saint, so... No. It's not saint john w to me or anyone else.

And now we find that this member of the new "priesthood" of scholarship, is actually a closet Roman Catholic, judging that I am not a saint, since I must be dead/cannonized, to qualify as a "saint," or is thinking, "Well, I examined his fruit/fruits, his 'penance,' and his dirtiness, as compared to mine, and found that I'm a cleaner rat than him, so, I must be saved, and he must be lost,and not a saint" you see, well, uh, urr....

Another vile, perverter of the gospel of Christ is marked/exposed/idenitified by the great, yes, wait for it..............

saint John W, the Rifleman.

Leave our board, wolf-ette. We do not like wolves/wolfe-ette's, such as you....Saints We are.............

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

I get all that. Her reference to Monergism and Synergism was far beyond any application it can have; and then she tried to change her application when it was exposed, condescending the whole time.

But I appreciate this very rational post of yours. It's an exception from most of your peers.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And now we find that this member of the new "priesthood" of scholarship, is actually a closet Roman Catholic, judging that I am not a saint, since I must be dead/cannonized, to qualify as a "saint," or is thinking, "Well, I examined his fruit/fruits, his 'penance,' and his dirtiness, as compared to mine, and found that I'm a cleaner rat than him, so, I must be saved, and he must be lost,and not a saint" you see, well, uh, urr....

Another vile, perverter of the gospel of Christ is marked/exposed/idenitified by the great, yes, wait for it..............

saint John W, the Rifleman.

Leave our board, wolf-ette. We do not like wolves/wolfe-ette's, such as you....Saints We are.............

Another not-so-nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.