Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krsto

There is no evidence from history to suggest the church prior to 150 AD was trinitarian.

PureX

Personal worship can be done in private or en masse. In the group, powerful Spiritual unifying presence becomes a possibility.
The art can facilitate the expression of the heart and soul which is worship. Without the heart and soul expression of love, praise, thankfulness and humility art is just that art.
That isn't really art.

I agree that combining our voices in song can certainly be a moving spiritual experience. But that, in itself, doesn't make the practice, "art".

Look, I'm not against the use of human expression in the service of such spiritual experiences. Not at all! I'm just pointing out that art is not religion. Or science. Or philosophy. Or politics. Or commerce. And when people try to use art to promote or engage in these other human endeavors, it usually results in lousy art, and doesn't serve the other endeavor, much, either.

PureX

Thomas Kincaid will be remembered this century, for example and again. You don't realize how many incredible musicians are Christian and write songs about their faith, apparently.
Kincaid is a poser and a con artist. His images are grotesquely nostalgic kitsch and nothing more. And that's exactly how he will be remembered to the degree that he will be remembered at all.

Also, being a musician and a songwriter does not make one an artist, regardless of how "talented" they are. Nor does being a Christian preclude anyone from doing great art, musically or otherwise. All I'm saying is that the art can't serve two masters any more than we can. People who want to proselytize or politicize through art will almost always make lousy art because that's not what art is for. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

PureX

I think of this as a very spiritual song, even though it's not at all explicit about it. And I am certain that when Springsteen wrote it, he intended it to carry a deeply spiritual message.

Lon

That isn't really art.
Oddly, you've no idea what art is. Art is simply an expression of beauty what is valued in the soul: Thus a parent's crayon picture from a child is a cherished thing and the highest form of art, and you are yet again trolling a thread for your inane agendas.

I agree that combining our voices in song can certainly be a moving spiritual experience. But that, in itself, doesn't make the practice, "art".
No. You don't. To date, you post your secular attempts as if they are gold ALSO trolling this thread and ruining it.

Look, I'm not against the use of human expression in the service of such spiritual experiences. Not at all!
Not after reading these verses you mean:
:up: Yep Ephesians 5:19 Colossians 3:16 Anybody who says otherwise is trolling life...and this thread.
Hypocrite or change of heart? Your scripture knowledge equivalent would fit on the head of a pin

Kincaid is a poser and a con artist. His images are grotesquely nostalgic kitsch and nothing more. And that's exactly how he will be remembered to the degree that he will be remembered at all.
Jealous much? You are inane. He is the most well-known artist of this century. It doesn't matter what art critics like you think. Nobody is listening. Again, you are trolling this thread. Stop it or I will report it.
Also, being a musician and a songwriter does not make one an artist, regardless of how "talented" they are.
Incorrect. :yawn:

Nor does being a Christian preclude anyone from doing great art, musically or otherwise.
2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Only what is wrought for God will make it through the fire. What you know of scriptures would fit into a demitasse without spilling over.
All I'm saying is that the art can't serve two masters any more than we can.
Who do you serve? Where is the focus of ALL of your posts? Surely it is against the whole purpose of this thread and you are found trolling it and ruining it.
People who want to proselytize or politicize through art will almost always make lousy art because that's not what art is for. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
You haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Remember anti-war protest songs?
Art is art when anybody values it. Rather, our expression 'that ain't art' is about our own values against an expression.

Eternal art is what this thread is interested in and you need to stop trolling it against its intended purpose.

:plain: Stop trolling before I report you.

PureX

Here's another great favorite of mine. Patty Griffin is an amazing artist that wrote this song about her grandmother, Mary, but beautifully couples it with the spirit of caregiving: of the Earth, of motherhood, and of God in general.

It's an older song, now, but still an amazing example of contemporary spiritual music.

fzappa13

You just never know when or where an actual conversation is going to break out around this joint.

:popcorn:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
There is no evidence from history to suggest the church prior to 150 AD was trinitarian.

In the strictest sense, agreed. And there is no evidence from history to suggest the church prior to 150 AD was unitarian... or arian... or sabellian... or anything else cohesive in an actual formulaic beyond general perceptions.

There IS evidence that the earliest Patristics affirmed the divinity of Christ (and more than in a titular sense only), and with consideration for the Holy Spirit.

And the New Testament lexicography is much clearer than detractors can admit regarding the true divinity of the Son. A divine God as Father would not have a Logos that wasn't eternal and uncreated and divine as He is AS Spirit (also eternal and uncreated and divine).

My formulaic reconciles ALL the emergent historical views. All omitted the same thing, and were compensating for that one omission.

Krsto

You just never know when or where an actual conversation is going to break out around this joint.

:popcorn:

It's a shame the mods have to keep these discussions in some corner where no one will see it. Blatant discrimination.

Krsto

In the strictest sense, agreed. And there is no evidence from history to suggest the church prior to 150 AD was unitarian... or arian... or sabellian... or anything else cohesive in an actual formulaic beyond general perceptions.
And that's what I'm arguing for - that the general perception was Unitarian: that Jesus was a man God made above all others, but not "co-equal" or part of a godhead. The general perception was that the godhead was in Christ, not that Christ was in the godhead, that God MADE this man to be both Lord and Christ. The general perception was of Jesus as a deified human, not a humanized deity. It wasn't until the latter half of the 2nd century that Logos Christology developed to the point where the Logos was seen as a "person" or a corporal being, who later became Christ the God/Man. One proof of this historically is that there was no sign of struggle between Christology and Monotheism before 150. The struggle didn't occur until Jesus was seen as co-equal and thus it must be determined just HOW and in what way Jesus is God and man at the same time.

There IS evidence that the earliest Patristics affirmed the divinity of Christ (and more than in a titular sense only), and with consideration for the Holy Spirit.
There is no evidence that the Apostolic Fathers affirmed the deity of Christ any differently than I do - which is Unitarian. For those who believed in an existence of Christ before the incarnation the earliest ones were Subordinationists. Arians, IOW.

And the New Testament lexicography is much clearer than detractors can admit regarding the true divinity of the Son. A divine God as Father would not have a Logos that wasn't eternal and uncreated and divine as He is AS Spirit (also eternal and uncreated and divine).
Assuming a Logos is a "person", or even a being. The dictionary definition makes a logos a thought, not a being. That's how the word is used in the New Testament, in numerous places.

My formulaic reconciles ALL the emergent historical views. All omitted the same thing, and were compensating for that one omission.
What was that one thing they omitted?

fzappa13

Much better than all the drive-bys from the Dispensationalists and others, yes? Actual subject matter.

It's a shame the mods have to keep these discussions in some corner where no one will see it. Blatant discrimination.

I think the art of conversation all but lost largely because few are intellectually honest enough to provide the soil in which that rose can bloom. It requires proper intent on the part of both parties which is made manifest when intellectual honestly demands one make a point or cede a point as the occasion requires it.

andyc

Why would anyone suggest there is a difference between Jew and Gentile regarding faith?

Look up "mid acts dispensationalism". It's a modern day hyper dispensationlist cult that removes about two thirds of the new testament as applying to Christians today. Why? because they only want a gospel that relies on knowledge alone (gnosticism).

Jews have to repent, obey the law, do works, can lose salvation, go through the tribulation, die for their faith, come back and live on the earth forever.

Gentiles simply acknowledge Jesus, there's no repentance, cannot ever commit a sin, cannot lose salvation even if falling into apostasy, get raptured before the tribulation, and go to heaven forever.

So they've created a class difference for the purpose of balancing the more distasteful elements of things they see in the new testament in the favor of a people under an invented gospel called the gospel of the kingdom (aka - the gospel of the short straw).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Look up "mid acts dispensationalism". It's a modern day hyper dispensationlist cult that removes about two thirds of the new testament as applying to Christians today. Why? because they only want a gospel that relies on knowledge alone (gnosticism).

Jews have to repent, obey the law, do works, can lose salvation, go through the tribulation, die for their faith, come back and live on the earth forever.

Gentiles simply acknowledge Jesus, there's no repentance, cannot ever commit a sin, cannot lose salvation even if falling into apostasy, get raptured before the tribulation, and go to heaven forever.

So they've created a class difference for the purpose of balancing the more distasteful elements of things they see in the new testament in the favor of a people under an invented gospel called the gospel of the kingdom (aka - the gospel of the short straw).

Now, now AndyCnoTruth, would your hero Benny Hinn approve of you saying such things?

fzappa13

I guess that is about as succinctly as I've ever heard it put. A little shorter and it will be a usable sig ... keep polishing your rock. ;)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Dispensationalism = Gnostic Cult.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.