Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, just you.

Which is exactly what Tambora and I believe. So where is the problem?

Tambora is using terminology that depicts the necessity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working "together" as a plurality of separates, but this is a denial of the Godly attribute of Simplicity.

"Synergism" is a theological term that suggests it is necessary that sinners, separated from God, co-operate with God to achieve a holy life.

Such necessity is not found within the fellowship of the Godhead so the terminology does not come close to being applicable when discussing the Trinity.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You insist on using a term to describe the works of God that denies His attribute of Simplicity.
I use the word as the dictionary does.
You don't.
Plain and simple.

There is no reason to not use the dictionary definition of "working together" for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; because they certainly do work together.
It is only your theology that claims it shouldn't be used of God.
The dictionary makes no such distinction, nor should it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I use the word as the dictionary does.
You don't.
Plain and simple.

There is no reason to not use the dictionary definition of "working together" for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; because they certainly do work together.
It is only your theology that claims it shouldn't be used of God.
The dictionary makes no such distinction, nor should it.

Obviously you are going to persist in this error. My conscience is clear, for I gave you fair warning and helps against the dangers.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Synergism" is a theological term that suggests it is necessary that sinners, separated from God, co-operate with God to achieve a holy life.
Nope.
There is nothing within the definition of the word itself that demands it can only be done to achieve a holy life.
There are many things the word can be used for that have nothing to do with achieving a holy life.

Tambora is using terminology that depicts the necessity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working "together" as a plurality of separates, but this is a denial of the Godly attribute of Simplicity.
You want simplicity?
Here it is ....
"Working together" is the definition of the word.
The word itself does not in any way deny the simplicity of GOD.
It is you that denies the simple meaning of the word --- working together.

Right Divider

Body part

Such necessity is not found within the fellowship of the Godhead so the terminology does not come close to being applicable when discussing the Trinity.
There is a level of schizophrenia necessary when someone believes that God tells people that they must "believe" and that God GIVES them the belief!

If you believe that God is sovereign with regard to ALL ACTION.... then you make God to be a producer of sin.

Please help us all to understand this profound contradiction.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is a level of schizophrenia necessary when someone believes that God tells people that they must "believe" and that God GIVES them the belief!

Not at all, when one studies the Divine Covenants.

Adam was commanded to believe God and live . . and commanded not to disobey God, or he would die. That was the original Covenant God made with mankind, and Adam broke it. But, all his discendants are still obligated to those same commands and Covenant. And all men break this covenant as handily as Adam did.

Remedy: God provides a new Covenant of Grace, through the promises and fulfillment of the Incarnation, death, and resurrection of His Christ. And God alone performs this Covenant, for sinners cannot do so. So justification comes by faith in God to save them by grace and not by works, as the first Covenant demanded under the Law (original commands).

Unfortunately, Dispensationalism has overrun the post-modern religions, and very few give much thought, study, or attention to how God has always dealt (fairly and morally) with His creatures . . and that is through PROMISES premised upon His righteousness and holiness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Distinct definitions (of God) revealed by the Word of God.

(The usage of "persons" to describe the distinctions within the Trinity is not scriptural, and problematic to say the least!)
And what are the definitions?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And what are the definitions?

"GOD":

is defined as Father, God is defined as Son, and God is defined as Holy Spirit.

Plurality in Unity = Trinity.

One God, defined through Divine revelation, three distinct ways.

Right Divider

Body part
"GOD":

is defined as Father, God is defined as Son, and God is defined as Holy Spirit.

Plurality in Unity = Trinity.

One God, defined through Divine revelation, three distinct ways.
So according to Nangism, the Father is a "way" and the Son is a "way" and the Holy Spirit is a "way"...... Is it any wonder that we consider your "understanding" to be a bit....."WHACKED"?

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

If you believe that God is sovereign with regard to ALL ACTION.... then you make God to be a producer of sin.

Please help us all to understand this profound contradiction.

No. It's the explicit anarthrous qualities of the noun faith that are by which one believes as a verb.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
[MENTION=14978]PneumaPsucheSoma[/MENTION]
Copy this one too.

noun: synergism

The interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
"The synergy between artist and record company."​

Synonyms:
cooperative interaction, cooperation, combined effort, give and take

Origin:

Mid 19th century: from Greek sunergos ‘working together,’ from sun- ‘together’ + ergon - ‘work.’

The definition alone shows that the word itself is not ONLY used in relation to God and mankind.
So right off the bat we see that PPS's statement is false.

But let's not jump the gun on that.
PPS tries to insist that in the theology rings, it has a definite meaning that fits his view.

But as also shown within the very ring of the Reformed, it's not cut and dry
Some in the Reformed camp also believe that God acts both ways with mankind.

Some Calvinists teach that Monergism only applies to regeneration, and that sanctification is synergistic.
Reformed Baptist Andrew Naselli expressed this view when he wrote:
"A monergistic veiw of regeneration is biblical, but a monergistic view of sanctification is not."

Just because one theology ring uses the same word that other theology rings use does not mean that they both have the same view of the word.
In other words, the word's theological meaning is not universal among all theology rings.
That's what happens when you try to put so much limitation on a word as to force it to fit your own view.

By using the definition of the word as the dictionary states, it most certainly can be used of other groups working together, and is not limited to the relation between God and mankind only.
One family, of mankind (father, mother, child), can work together.
One family, of the Godhead (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), can work together.
God and man can word together.

It is not limited to ONLY the relationship between God and mankind.
Making up your own theology meanings to words does not negate the actual meaning of the word, which is simply "working together".

Oh, I'm copying this for sure.

I'm just deciding whether it's worth the time and effort to destroy this crap for the sake of any others who might be deceived by it.

There are layers of epic heresy, just from you using the dictionary definition, since Father, Son, and Holy Spirit aren't organizations or agents; and substances would have to be according to pre-Cappadocian (Nicean) English translation as ousia, NOT hypostasis.

Hence, it begins by being Tritheism; and that's not even the worst of it.

True historians and theologians would not make this horrendous error to destroy the very incommunicable attributes of God with fallacious ignorance.

There is NOTHING theologically more egregious than you have done in this thread. NOTHING. You are heretically beyond ANY of the cults or Gnostics. And you think your casually employment of a word to project upon God is accurate in contrast to the cautious efforts of two millennia of scholars.

This is the difference between me and all you rogue Modernist idiot heretics, and why you despise me so. I stand on the shoulders of ALL the theologians and historians of the entirety of the Christian ages.

This gaffe alone is enough to be considered anathema beyond salvific faith.

I'll probably take the time to correct this, even though it will be futile for you personally as an utter reprobate.

Steko and Right-Divider, you should be ashamed. It's YOU who should be correcting this woman. It's YOU who should be standing for God's Necessity and Simplicity if you ARE indeed Believers.

This is no time for ganglandstyle sticking together for Dispensationalists. This woman has thrown God to the wolves in a way that exceeds the JWs, the LDSers, and even the Atheists.

This is heinous. Shame on you other Dispies for not shutting her down FOR HER OWN SAKE.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'll probably take the time to correct this, even though it will be futile for you personally as an utter reprobate.

Steko and Right-Divider, you should be ashamed. It's YOU who should be correcting this woman. It's you who should be standing for God's Necessity and Simplicity if you ARE indeed Believers.
What a maroon and a baboon

Eagles Wings

I may get my hide jumped, but I thought Tambora was just a bit off on understanding the Reformed definition of Monergism as it pertains to justification, and not so much in describing the Unity of the Trinity.

I myself have said, working together, and Persons.

I love the Athanasian Creed for this very purpose, to clarify as closely as possible the relationship of the Godhead with one another.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I'm copying this for sure.
:thumb:

blah blah blah
That's a lot of words just to say that you don't believe the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work together.

Shame on you other Dispies for not shutting her down FOR HER OWN SAKE.
There ain't a dispy here that would have any problem correcting me if needed.
Dipsies haven't corrected me on this because dipsies have common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.