This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
    Comments by non-Christians in the ECT have been allowed before. When did this policy change?

Comment

It depends on the nature of the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
        It depends on the nature of the comment.
        ...which makes me wonder why, exactly, you removed mine. They were on-subject, non-disruptive, and, better yet, accurate.

Whatever makes you feel better, Kett.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
          Comments by non-Christians in the ECT have been allowed before. When did this policy change?
          I guess you never read the forums description:

Exclusively Christian Theology: This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

Do you consider yourself christian and consider the bible to be the inspired word of God?

and then in there is the first sticky that says new rules for that forum written in 2004 :

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...16&postcount=1

And here is the part about non believers there:

Therefore...
          The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
          We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.
          Not room for sad witty mocking comments, sorry granite.
          sigpic

Comment

Reported Post by zippy2006

zippy2006 has reported a post.

Reason:
            This seems illegal according to the precedent set by these infractions: 1) Calling someone an idiot, 2) Calling someone a Mega Turd, 3) Inferring stupidity, 4) Saying someone has an IQ of 45.

I do not see how "blovating doofus" is better than any of the above.
            Post: What kind of reputation do i have here barbarian and anyone else who wants to respond
            Forum: . . . and The Rest
            Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Inzl Kett
            Original Content:
            Barbie is also a blovating doofus that likes to repeat himself. I don't see any substance in those posts.
            Go get me a switch.

Comment

Reported Item

zoo22 has also reported this item.

Reason:
              Just seems very unnecessary.
              Go get me a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Lucy View Post

Reason:
                Post: What kind of reputation do i have here barbarian and anyone else who wants to respond

Original Content:
                Reporting moderators.

Zippyhead.
                Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                E≈mc2
                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                -Bob B.

Comment

I used the link to give IK some rep.
                  Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                    Reporting moderators.

Zippyhead.
                    Zippy just made my day. That's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Lucy View Post

Reason:

Original Content:
                      Duh, zippy. It's not hypocritical "gutter sniping" when a mod does it.
                      “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
                        Barbie earned it. He's always on the attack with his posts. Read the rules again. It's name calling without cause.

Comment

Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
                          Zard.
                          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                          E≈mc2
                          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                          -Bob B.

Comment

I do call people names when it is earned. I do it sparingly. It has more impact that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                              Barbie earned it. He's always on the attack with his posts. Read the rules again. It's name calling without cause.
                              On the contrary. I was going by your definition of "gutter snipe":
                              Originally posted by Inzl Kett
                              Gutter snipe--an apt term for a person who does personal attacks instead of showing how a poster is wrong.
                              Barbie is also a blovating doofus that likes to repeat himself. I don't see any substance in those posts.

It's textbook by your definition. You made a personal attack rather than show how the poster was wrong. You "gutter-sniped". It's OK of course. It should be allowed and sometimes even encouraged. It's a part of what makes TOL fun; clever insults.

Originally posted by Frayed Knot View Post
                              Wow - Walt's more of an idiot than I realized.

Piezoelectricity causing radioactivity? How does he dream this stuff up?
                              Reason was given for name-calling (of a non-poster to boot). Notice the argument at the end.

It's all in good fun, Inzl. It's clear that you'll do what you want while disregarding any semblance of consistency. I'm sure we'll all adapt and get a long just fine.

I cannot help if it entertains, however
                              “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                                Zard.
                                Ah, I miss MaryContrary. She was fun!

― Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X