Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Law (Informative) and Gospel (Performative) since the dawn of creation.

God informed and performed, according to THE Law and THE Gospel. The Mosaic Law was a COVENANT as the informative for how God would perform the Abrahamic COVENANT of Faith.

Law and Gospel. Two oikonomiai: the Father's, and the Son's who hath inherited all that is the Father's. The latter was Paul's as it is ours... By being IN Christ. But that's literal, not figurative like the Dispos and others insist.

Hypostatic translation. Just like the divinity and humanity of Christ as hypostatic union. That's why ALL theology is Christology.
That's some great man-made philosophy there PPS. Well done.

Eagles Wings

Law (Informative) and Gospel (Performative) since the dawn of creation.

God informed and performed, according to THE Law and THE Gospel. The Mosaic Law was a COVENANT as the informative for how God would perform the Abrahamic COVENANT of Faith.

Law and Gospel. Two oikonomiai: the Father's, and the Son's who hath inherited all that is the Father's. The latter was Paul's as it is ours... By being IN Christ. But that's literal, not figurative like the Dispos and others insist.

Hypostatic translation. Just like the divinity and humanity of Christ as hypostatic union. That's why ALL theology is Christology.
Great post.

Do you listen to Issues, Etc.? White Horse Inn?

Besides Walther, who is a scholar, any other authors to recommend on law and gospel for the layman?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
We have no such preaching within an hour's drive. It seems that due to a shortage of LCMS pastors, some are colloquized and are not as doctrinally sound. In our small little town, 3 of the LCMS pastors did not study in Lutheran seminaries.

This is an ongoing issue, and it's being addressed at Convention as best it can be. There's no easy answer when there is more population than local church gatherings.

I drive past two larger LCMS fellowships to go to a rural fellowship 26 miles away myself.

I see a great need for a depth of teaching that isn't possible in the normal formats. That's why I've taught an intensive discipleship session for the last several years that's extensively lexical and exegetical.

I'll end up at Concordia Seminary in the doctoral program for a dissertation on Theology Proper and Anthropology Proper. In this cultural climate, the historical doctrines are being watered down as sectarians run around spraying the entire landscape as Evangelical skunks. The heresies are in the very air everyone is breathing.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If a seminary knew of Pepe's posts here, just from this thread, it'd be interesting to know how they'd view them.

Every accomplished linguist, exegete, and theologian I've encountered has confirmed my concerns for functional Tritheism that you and the vast majority of modern alleged Trinitarians profess, among other things. ALL of them know that several of your major doctrines are anathema to the historical Christian faith.

The worst they'd think is that I shouldn't answer fools according to their folly when you MADs start with garbage like Tambora's "synergy for F/S/HS", etc. (which you passively defended).

(And I notice you ignore what those seminarians might think of YOUR posts and those of your tyrannical peers. Always the double standard. ALWAYS.)

What would you know? You can't even read the various English words in your KJV that are translated in various places for the same Greek word and figure out what they mean. You can't even distinguish between verbs and nouns half the time, and build your false doctrines on nouns AS verbs for a works-based salvation.

Nice constant passive-aggressive "ignoring me" without doing so.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Every accomplished linguist, exegete, and theologian I've encountered has confirmed my concerns for functional Tritheism that you and the vast majority of modern alleged Trinitarians profess, among other things. ALL of them know that several of your major doctrines are anathema to the historical Christian faith.

The worst they'd think is that I shouldn't answer fools according to their folly when you MADs start with garbage like Tambora's "synergy for F/S/HS", etc. (which you passively defended).

(And I notice you ignore what those seminarians might think of YOUR posts and those of your tyrannical peers. Always the double standard. ALWAYS.)

What would you know? You can't even read the various English words in your KJV that are translated in various places for the same Greek word and figure out what they mean. You can't even distinguish between verbs and nouns half the time, and build your false doctrines on nouns AS verbs for a works-based salvation.

Nice constant passive-aggressive "ignoring me" without doing so.

Your particular form of ignorance is intriguing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is an ongoing issue, and it's being addressed at Convention as best it can be. There's no easy answer when there is more population than local church gatherings.

I drive past two larger LCMS fellowships to go to a rural fellowship 26 miles away myself.

I see a great need for a depth of teaching that isn't possible in the normal formats. That's why I've taught an intensive discipleship session for the last several years that's extensively lexical and exegetical.

I'll end up at Concordia Seminary in the doctoral program for a dissertation on Theology Proper and Anthropology Proper. In this cultural climate, the historical doctrines are being watered down as sectarians run around spraying the entire landscape as Evangelical skunks. The heresies are in the very air everyone is breathing.

Somehow Lutherans such as yourself don't seem to impress me. I really don't believe you're a member of the Body of Christ or I would tread more lightly concerning you.

musterion

Here's a link to a PDF on the Missouri Synod's take on water baptism, quoted below. It is referring to a water ritual, showing that conservative Lutherans are baptismal salvationists:

In and through Baptism, God cleanses us from all of our sins, snatches us from the power of Satan, and gives us everlasting life. It is all God’s doing as He gives us His blessing. It is His promise. In Baptism, our Triune God imparts to each of us personally the gifts the Lord Jesus Christ won for the world through His life, suffering, death, and resurrection.

Sadly, there are individuals and church bodies that deny Baptism to young children and infants. They do not believe that these little ones need what Holy Baptism gives. They do not believe what the Bible teaches so clearly, namely, that God saves us through Baptism. As a result of these false teachings, they deny both to themselves and to others the power, blessing and comfort of Holy Baptism. That is tragic, for it is a most serious offense against God to deny what He plainly declares in His Word: “The promise is for you and your children” (Acts 2:39) and “Baptism now saves you” (1 Peter 3:21).

The above is under the curse of Galatians 1:8-9.

Last edited:

musterion

"In the Reformation there was, through grace, a great deliverance. The groundwork of Christianity was recovered; namely, justification by faith. But though this was recovered, it was not maintained that the old man was crucified on the Cross, and hence they only refused the exactions [extortions] of popery but recognized the flesh as still before God. Refusing the exaction was right; but the retention of that [from] which the exaction could be made, the old man, was the weakness of the Reformation."

Status
Not open for further replies.