Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

1 - The first seven days have the implication of the planet being formed, but telling the angels to let such and such happen, and it a recognition of it happening currently, not on the same day. Origen and his logos doctrine?
2 - I would call it, israelism. Jesus wasn't a military leader.

3 - Trust and fear of God aren't Modern Judaism?

4 - There is nothing eternal about death or dying, because neither is permanent.

1 - The whole Genesis account of Creation is an allegory that must be interpreted metaphorically. The seven-days of that allegory reflect only the Jewish method to establish the week cycle with the establishment of the Sabbath as a commandment on the 7th day.

2 - Could it be the reason why he did nothing for his People that were oppressed at the time he was born and remained so at the time he died?

3 - No, but trust and love of God are.

4 - BTW, there is nothing eternal about man but death and dying. Read II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; and Job 10:21.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
1 - The whole Genesis account of Creation is an allegory that must be interpreted metaphorically. The seven-days of that allegory reflect only the Jewish method to establish the week cycle with the establishment of the Sabbath as a commandment on the 7th day.

2 - Could it be the reason why he did nothing for his People that were oppressed at the time he was born and remained so at the time he died?
Rome was not the cause of the people's suffering. Get real.

3 - No, but trust and love of God are.
You trust that God is, but where is the consideration and fear.

4 - BTW, there is nothing eternal about man but death and dying. Read II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; and Job 10:21.
Few things are "eternal". That was a lame statement.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No.

His name is called the Word of God.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

LA

I cleaned off a bunch of them. If I see any more of them popping up and I am going to start deleting again. Word of warning. The Purpose of TOL isn't to pave people's path to Hell. There are way too many of these Christ denying threads.

How is that Christ denying?

LA

Elia

Bs"d

And WHY is it that the trinity is so hotly debated?

Because is the most important dogma in the church.

It is the only thing that stands (or so they think) between Christianity and polytheism & idolatry.

Add to that that it is nowhere to be found in Scripture and that it is an illogical concept, then you understand why so much time is put in to it.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5.

Elia

I cleaned off a bunch of them. If I see any more of them popping up and I am going to start deleting again. Word of warning. The Purpose of TOL isn't to pave people's path to Hell. There are way too many of these Christ denying threads.

Bs"d

Sherman, you write in your profile: "Sola Scriptura Christian. My beliefs are shaped by the Word of God."

If so, then why do you believe in an extra-Biblical trinity, made up by the RC church?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

ZacharyB

If so, then why do you believe in an extra-Biblical trinity, made up by the RC church?
Okay, so I'm going to have to post a thread filled with Scripture references,
which prove wthout ANY doubt whatsoever that Jesus is God.

Now, you may wish to insist that the RCC or EOC made a lot of changes to Scripture.
That would be your perogative.
But, I think you would be calling God a liar, for He promised to safeguard the Scriptures.
Why would He go to all of the trouble of having them written,
if they were going to be seriously trashed by somebody?

God's Truth

No.

His name is called the Word of God.

LA

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God; see Ephesians 6:17

“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

Again, the SWORD is the Word of God.

Jesus is the Word of God. See John 1:1.

Jesus is the SWORD.

The SWORD is Jesus the WORD OF GOD.

The WORD of God is God; see John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus’ name is the Word of God, see Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

HE, JESUS, is the Rider on the horse and that Rider is the SPIRIT.

Remember, The SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS.

Jesus is the Rider who is the Spirit.

Revelation 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

And remember, Jesus is the sword of the Spirit and the sword is the word of God; see Ephesians 6:17

Jesus is the Rider (the Spirit of God) and Jesus is the sword (the Word of God who is God) that is coming from him.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are all the same.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

Jesus is the SWORD.

Jesus’ name is the Word of God, see Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

Remember, The SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS.

Revelation 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

And remember, Jesus is the sword of the Spirit and the sword is the word of God; see Ephesians 6:17

Jesus is the Rider (the Spirit of God) and Jesus is the sword (the Word of God who is God) that is coming from him.

Saying Jesus is the sword is like saying the army general is an atom bomb because he used one.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, so I'm going to have to post a thread filled with Scripture references,
which prove wthout ANY doubt whatsoever that Jesus is God.

Now, you may wish to insist that the RCC or EOC made a lot of changes to Scripture.
That would be your perogative.
But, I think you would be calling God a liar, for He promised to safeguard the Scriptures.
Why would He go to all of the trouble of having them written,
if they were going to be seriously trashed by somebody?

You are interpreting the scriptures to suggest they are saying something different to what they actually say, and then saying others who see your folly are calling God a liar.

LA

God's Truth

Saying Jesus is the sword is like saying the army general is an atom bomb because he used one.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

LA

I have explained it to you very carefully.

Why don't you do what you want others to do when they discuss with you?

You do what your enemies do. You merely make a rude comment and nothing more.

Take time to read and reply to each thing that I said.

God's Truth

:doh: The Word says that the Word was God it does not say the Word was the Father.

The Bible says there is only One God and that He is the Father.

I challenge you. Show one scripture that says Jesus is the Father. You can't unless you try to twist scripture.

There is only one God and He is the Father:

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Here are more scriptures that explain Jesus is the Father:

Scriptures that say Jesus is God the Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

God says Jesus will be called God, Father, and Holy Spirit. So that is what I call Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible says there is only One God and that He is the Father.

There is only one God and He is the Father:

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Here are more scriptures that explain Jesus is the Father:

Scriptures that say Jesus is God the Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

God says Jesus will be called God, Father, and Holy Spirit. So that is what I call Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Before I read all this stupidity that you have posted tell me why Jesus is the SON of God if He is the Father. I'm interested to see how you are going to twist this one. You did a pretty poor job on this post.

God's Truth

Bright Raven,

Would you be willing to study something hard?

Please, take some time to study this and tell me what you think.

Jesus is the Sword.

Remember, the SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS.

God's Truth

Before I read all this stupidity that you have posted tell me why Jesus is the SON of God if He is the Father. I'm interested to see how you are going to twist this one. You did a pretty poor job on this post.

You judged what I said as being stupid before you read it!

God's Truth

When someone comes forth in the flesh, it is a son, or a daughter.

Jesus is God the Father who came forth, and we call Him the Son of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bright Raven,

Would you be willing to study something hard?

Please, take some time to study this and tell me what you think.

Jesus is the Sword.

Remember, the SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS.

I have no problem with the three being one. However the entities are separate. Scripture teaches it plain and simple. How people miss it is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.