OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus spoke the Word of the Father.

You're all over the road Bradley D.

Every word in the Bible are "Jesus' words". When Jesus spoke the "words in red", He was a minister of the circumcision. Is that how you think that you should follow Christ?

Do you remember these words of Jesus?

Mat 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

I am a gentile saved by God.

You've also been completely unclear about which gospel saved you. How did you get saved?

The law tells me what is right and wrong.
Do you follow ALL of the law? Do you go to Jerusalem three times a year for the feasts?

Bradley D

You're all over the road Bradley D.

Every word in the Bible are "Jesus' words". When Jesus spoke the "words in red", He was a minister of the circumcision. Is that how you think that you should follow Christ?

Do you remember these words of Jesus?

You've also been completely unclear about which gospel saved you. How did you get saved?

Do you follow ALL of the law? Do you go to Jerusalem three times a year for the feasts?

Yes, Christ came to the Israelites first. However, during Jesus' ministry He healed and preached to Gentiles.

I study the Words in red everyday.

How did I get saved. By near death in a Navy barracks room. I woke up from a drunken sleep and my heart was beating very hard. I was drifting back to sleep when a voice within told me "if you go back to sleep you will not wake up. I took that to mean I would die in my sleep. I was afraid to leave the room. The voice came again. "Get to a hospital now." I went down to the barracks office and requested a ride to the hospital. The base police took me there. I was admitted in and was given medicine to slow my heart down. That was on December 30, 1990. I never drank again. I came to believe those voices were from God.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, Christ came to the Israelites first. However, during Jesus' ministry He healed and preached to Gentiles.
Healing was part of the gospel of the kingdom. Peter and the eleven healed everyone!

Act 5:16 KJV There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
Why is everyone not being healed today?

Please demonstrate, from the scripture, Jesus "preaching to gentiles". What about the "words of Jesus"?

Mat 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

What about what Paul says here?

Rom 15:8 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

I study the Words in red everyday.
You should study ALL of the Bible, as the entire thing is the "words of Jesus".

How did I get saved. By near death in a Navy barracks room. I woke up from a drunken sleep and my heart was beating very hard. I was drifting back to sleep when a voice within told me "if you go back to sleep you will not wake up. I took that to mean I would die in my sleep. I was afraid to leave the room. The voice came again. "Get to a hospital now." I went down to the barracks office and requested a ride to the hospital. The base police took me there. I was admitted in and was given medicine to slow my heart down. That was on December 30, 1990. I never drank again. I came to believe those voices were from God.
That might be an interesting story, but I see no gospel there whatsoever.

I fear for you Bradly D... I think that you need to get saved by the gospel of the grace of God.

DAN P

Not talking about baptism now

Hi r 57 BUT you are the one that BROUGHT up Eph 4:5 , RIGHT ?

Can Faith PRODUCE WORKS

There seem to be 3 aspects to FAITH !

#1 , Heb 11:6 says without FAITH it is impossible to please God !

#2 Rom 14:23 What ever is not from FAITH is sin !!

#3 , And 2 Cor 5:7 For we walk by Faith did , not by SIGHT !!

So my question to you is , did ADAM walk by , FAITH ?

Or Adan walk by SIGHT ??

Waiting for your comments ?

dan p

Bradley D

Healing was part of the gospel of the kingdom. Peter and the eleven healed everyone!

Why is everyone not being healed today?

Please demonstrate, from the scripture, Jesus "preaching to gentiles". What about the "words of Jesus"?

What about what Paul says here?

You should study ALL of the Bible, as the entire thing is the "words of Jesus".

That might be an interesting story, but I see no gospel there whatsoever.

I fear for you Bradly D... I think that you need to get saved by the gospel of the grace of God.

I recovered from my alcoholism thanks to the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. I drink no more.

Many Samaritans Believe

"Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers.

They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world” (John 4:39-42).

Of course I read all the Bible Old and New Testament. I am now working on Nelson's Study Bible.

I studied at Spring Arbor University majoring i Religion and Philosophy

Right Divider

Body part
I recovered from my alcoholism thanks to the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. I drink no more.
That's wonderful, but a voice in your head cannot save you and neither can not drinking alcohol. Jesus saves.

You need to believe the gospel... the gospel of the grace of God.

Many Samaritans Believe

"Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers.

They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world” (John 4:39-42).

Of course I read all the Bible Old and New Testament. I am now working on Nelson's Study Bible.

I studied at Spring Arbor University majoring i Religion and Philosophy

Strictly speaking, the Samaritans were not gentiles. That is why Jesus speaks of them separately from gentiles.

Mat 10:5 KJV These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Bradley D

That's wonderful, but a voice in your head cannot save you and neither can not drinking alcohol. Jesus saves.

You need to believe the gospel... the gospel of the grace of God.

Strictly speaking, the Samaritans were not gentiles. That is why Jesus speaks of them separately from gentiles.

The 12 Steps of AA leads one to have a good relationship with God. Those Steps helped me to get closer to the God of the Bible.

"After Israel’s fall to the Assyrians, they began to intermarry with the Assyrians, contrary to Deuteronomy 7:3-5. This is why the Jews hated the Samaritans as “dogs,” or “half-breeds.” The Jews probably disliked the Samaritans more than the gentiles.

Right Divider

Body part
The 12 Steps of AA leads one to have a good relationship with God. Those Steps helped me to get closer to the God of the Bible.
And yet you cannot explain how to get saved.

"After Israel’s fall to the Assyrians, they began to intermarry with the Assyrians, contrary to Deuteronomy 7:3-5. This is why the Jews hated the Samaritans as “dogs,” or “half-breeds.” The Jews probably disliked the Samaritans more than the gentiles.
Is there a point?

Bradley D

And yet you cannot explain how to get saved.

Is there a point?

Being saved from sin/hell by belief in the Lord Jesus. Repentance (sorrow for sin), Belief (that the Lord Jesus is the Son of God and cleanse one from sin), Amend (change of life through the Word).

The point of the Samaritans on your account that Jesus only preached to the Jews.

Right Divider

Body part
Being saved from sin/hell by belief in the Lord Jesus. Repentance (sorrow for sin), Belief (that the Lord Jesus is the Son of God and cleanse one from sin), Amend (change of life through the Word).
Repentance is NOT defined as "sorrow for sin". You cannot find that in the Bible.
Amendment of your life is NOT part of getting saved by the gospel of the grace of God. It is an effect of being saved.

We are saved by trusting in what Christ has done for us... that HE died for our sins.

The point of the Samaritans on your account that Jesus only preached to the Jews.
Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.", so I guess that your beef is with Him.

Again, Samaritans are not gentiles.

In that same passage, the Bible states that Jesus would not even say ONE WORD to a gentile woman.

Mat 15:21-24 KJV Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. (22) And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. (24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Bradley D

Repentance is NOT defined as "sorrow for sin". You cannot find that in the Bible.
Amendment of your life is NOT part of getting saved by the gospel of the grace of God. It is an effect of being saved.

We are saved by trusting in what Christ has done for us... that HE died for our sins.

Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.", so I guess that your beef is with Him.

Again, Samaritans are not gentiles.

In that same passage, the Bible states that Jesus would not even say ONE WORD to a gentile woman.

'Repentance (sorrow for sin), Belief (that the Lord Jesus is the Son of God and cleanse one from sin), Amend (change of life through the Word).'

Repentance:

metanoia: change of mind, repentance
Original Word: μετάνοια, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: metanoia
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an'-oy-ah)
Definition: change of mind, repentance
Usage: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Samaritans are mixed blood.

Right Divider

Body part
'Repentance (sorrow for sin), Belief (that the Lord Jesus is the Son of God and cleanse one from sin), Amend (change of life through the Word).'

Repentance:

metanoia: change of mind, repentance
Original Word: μετάνοια, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: metanoia
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an'-oy-ah)
Definition: change of mind, repentance
Usage: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.
Your "gospel" is not the one that will save you.

Do you trust in Christ? Are you complete in Him?

It sounds to me that you have a performance "gospel" of some kind.

Samaritans are mixed blood.
Is there a point?

When Jesus first sent out the twelve to preach the gospel, Jesus told them to go NEITHER to the gentiles NOR to the Samaritans.

Mat 10:5-6 KJV These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Why is this difficult for you?

Bradley D

Your "gospel" is not the one that will save you.

Do you trust in Christ? Are you complete in Him?

It sounds to me that you have a performance "gospel" of some kind.

Is there a point?

When Jesus first sent out the twelve to preach the gospel, Jesus told them to go NEITHER to the gentiles NOR to the Samaritans.

Why is this difficult for you?
The Bible is not the gospel? Have you ever read the 12 Steps of AA.

"Performance 'gospel'...? Do you believe in livng the gospel.

For me there is point. Live for God!

But Jesus did see the Samaritans.

Right Divider

Body part
The Bible is not the gospel?
That is correct. The Bible is not the "the gospel". There are many gospels IN the Bible.

Have you ever read the 12 Steps of AA.
Is there a point?

AA has a "generic god", a "higher power", that is not the God of the Bible.

There is NO mention of a gospel in any of those twelve steps.

Did you also notice that the name of Jesus is completely missing from the 12 steps?

"Performance 'gospel'...? Do you believe in livng the gospel.
You cannot "live the gospel" until you get saved BY the gospel.

For me there is point. Live for God!
Are you saved or are you fooling yourself?

But Jesus did see the Samaritans.
Again, what is your point?

Jesus' earthly ministry was specially to Israel. As I showed you from scripture, Jesus would not even answer the gentile woman a signal word.

Why are so opposed to understanding what is plainly written in scripture?