OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH

DougE

Romans 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Jesus commanded Paul to be the apostle in this dispensation of grace (Romans 1:1 1 Timothy 1:1 Ephesians 3:2).

Paul preached to all nations. Peter and the disciples were commanded to go to all the nations in Luke 24:47 but, in Galatians 2:9 they abdicated this to Paul.

As seen below obedience to the faith would include obeying doctrine.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

The doctrine to be obeyed in this dispensation is found in the epistles of Paul (2 Timothy 1:11).

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

The mystery given Paul is the gospel that by faith in Christ and his redemption and propitiation for our sins we can be justified freely by grace apart from Israel (Romans 3:21-25) and the formation of one new man, the church, the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27 Ephesians 2:15-16)

Paul preached Jesus according to the mystery and the scriptures of the prophets; the mystery was revealed to him by Christ (Ephesians 3:3). We are to acknowledge the mystery and make all see it in order to be obedient to the faith (Ephesians 3:9).

beloved57

Romans 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Jesus commanded Paul to be the apostle in this dispensation of grace (Romans 1:1 1 Timothy 1:1 Ephesians 3:2).

Paul preached to all nations. Peter and the disciples were commanded to go to all the nations in Luke 24:47 but, in Galatians 2:9 they abdicated this to Paul.

As seen below obedience to the faith would include obeying doctrine.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

The doctrine to be obeyed in this dispensation is found in the epistles of Paul (2 Timothy 1:11).

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

The mystery given Paul is the gospel that by faith in Christ and his redemption and propitiation for our sins we can be justified freely by grace apart from Israel (Romans 3:21-25) and the formation of one new man, the church, the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27 Ephesians 2:15-16)

Paul preached Jesus according to the mystery and the scriptures of the prophets; the mystery was revealed to him by Christ (Ephesians 3:3). We are to acknowledge the mystery and make all see it in order to be obedient to the faith (Ephesians 3:9).

The Obedience to the Faith started with the very first believers/saint. It was delivered once and for all to the Saints Jude 1:3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Deut 33:3

yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

1 Sam 2:9

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

2 Chron 6:41

Now therefore arise, O Lord God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness

Ps 16:3

But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

There is only one Faith Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

DAN P

The Obedience to the Faith started with the very first believers/saint. It was delivered once and for all to the Saints Jude 1:3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Deut 33:3

yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

1 Sam 2:9

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

2 Chron 6:41

Now therefore arise, O Lord God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness

Ps 16:3

But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

There is only one Faith Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Hi b 57 , and if there is ONLY ONE FAITH , what about Heb 11:4 , is that another FAITH ?

You quote Eph 4:5 as there is only ONE FAITH that is preached by Paul , so did ADAM in Gen 3:8-10 HAVE FAITH ??

A simple yes will do ????????

Or I do not know , will be your answer ??

dan p

beloved57

Hi b 57 , and if there is ONLY ONE FAITH , what about Heb 11:4 , is that another FAITH ?

You quote Eph 4:5 as there is only ONE FAITH that is preached by Paul , so did ADAM in Gen 3:8-10 HAVE FAITH ??

A simple yes will do ????????

Or I do not know , will be your answer ??

dan p

Yes it is only one faith, one doctrine

DAN P

Yes it is only one faith, one doctrine

Hi and do you see any difference BETWEEN the faith spoken of in Heb 11:4 and the FAITH spoken of in Epn 4:5 ?

By the way the ONE BAPTISM in Eph 4:5 is ONE BAPTISMA and check the Greek text and SEE , if you can ??

dan p

beloved57

Hi and do you see any difference BETWEEN the faith spoken of in Heb 11:4 and the FAITH spoken of in Epn 4:5 ?

By the way the ONE BAPTISM in Eph 4:5 is ONE BAPTISMA and check the Greek text and SEE , if you can ??

dan p

Not talking about baptism now

Bradley D

I say this verse every morning.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1)

Faith in the Gospel.

Nanja

I say this verse every morning.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1)

Faith in the Gospel.

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Because before New Birth, all men are in the flesh:

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

beloved57

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Because before New Birth, all men are in the flesh:

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Amen, plus many people think they have faith in the Gospel but really dont. They're in the dark about what Christ actually accomplished by His DBR and for exactly whom !

Nanja

Amen, plus many people think they have faith in the Gospel but really dont. They're in the dark about what Christ actually accomplished by His DBR and for exactly whom !

That's for sure Brother, but we know that Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection was for God's Elect or Sheep only:

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

beloved57

Nanja

That's for sure Brother, but we know that Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection was for God's Elect or Sheep only:

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Amen crystal clear to me that have eyes to see

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Amen that's why Heb 2:9 is speaking of the Sheep He tasted death for!