THE KINGDOM WITHIN YOU

DougE

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Jesus was saying the kingdom of God would not come with attentive watching, but would come unexpectedly, suddenly. This can be seen from Luke 17:26-30 in which judgment came suddenly.

Jesus referred to the kingdom as coming near to them by his presence (Luke 10:11), he was among them and therefore the kingdom of God was there.

The disciples were expecting a visible kingdom to immediately appear, not a spiritual kingdom within the believer (Luke 19:11).

Jesus said to expect a kingdom that would be visible, as is lightning (Luke 17:24).

Zephaniah 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

3:16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

The verses above, and others, speak of the Lord as being in the midst of Israel (Isaiah 12:6 Ezekiel 28:22 Hosea 11:9 Zechariah 2:11).

Zechariah 2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Scripture speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ as being in the midst of Israel and is the meaning of Luke 17:21 in saying the kingdom of God is within you.

beloved57

douge

Scripture speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ as being in the midst of Israel and is the meaning of Luke 17:21 in saying the kingdom of God is within you.

Thats speaking of the Church, the Body of Christ, the Temple of God, the Spiritual House 1 Pet 2:5

ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Eph 2:21-22

21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

DAN P

douge

Thats speaking of the Church, the Body of Christ, the Temple of God, the Spiritual House 1 Pet 2:5

ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Eph 2:21-22

21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Hi and you have ADDED in Eph 2:21 - 22 , " AN HOLY PRIESTHOOD " why ??

dan p

DAN P

Dont understand your question !

Hi and you DO NOT UNDERSTAND post #2 , you wrote it and you are a FLUNNNERY type I see and will not take RESPONSIBILITY , nice Job !!!

You added an HOLY PRIESTHOOD , TO Eph 2:21 !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi and you DO NOT UNDERSTAND post #2 , you wrote it and you are a FLUNNNERY type I see and will not take RESPONSIBILITY , nice Job !!!

You added an HOLY PRIESTHOOD , TO Eph 2:21 !!

dan p

I hardly ever understand anything you post !

Right Divider

Body part
Hi and 2 answers for b 57 #1 is that the KJV translated it wrong !!
Sorry Dan P, you're wrong. There is nothing wrong with the KJV translation.

One of the real beauties of the KJV is that they were very careful to distinguish between the SINGULAR and the PLURAL in the personal pronouns. Therefore every singular YOU is translated THEE or THOU and ever plural YOU is translates YOU or YOUR.

Therefore, the "kingdom within YOU" (as a group) is simple to understand as "the kingdom in YOUR (plural) midst".

There is no "error" there.

Bradley D

The Kingdom of God is now spiritual and within the believer.

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...(Romans 14:17).

Right Divider

Body part
The Kingdom of God is now spiritual and within the believer.

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...(Romans 14:17).

The gospel of the kingdom that Jesus told the 12 to preach to Israel only was a kingdom on the earth... spiritual, YES... but on the earth.

Mat 6:10 KJV Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Then Jesus quoted from the Psalms:

Mat 5:3-5 KJV Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4) Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

etc. etc. etc.

Don't be fooled by the "now a spiritual kingdom"... Jesus was talking about a kingdom on the earth.

beloved57

Rd

The gospel of the kingdom that Jesus told the 12 to preach to Israel only was a kingdom on the earth... spiritual, YES... but on the earth.

Conjecture. Please show us where Jesus said that..

beloved57

First, you need to get yourself a Bible... then you need to stop listening to your false teachers... then you have a chance to understand the truth.

P.S. Read the POSTS : https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...90#post2772490

That's the new heaven and earth inheritance of the body of Christ. All things are the body of Christ 1 Cor 3:21-23

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 [/SUP]Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Right Divider

Body part
That's the new heaven and earth inheritance of the body of Christ. All things are the body of Christ 1 Cor 3:21-23

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 [/SUP]Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

You are outrageously confused. The new heaven and the new earth come AFTER the 1000 year reign of Christ ON the EARTH ... in His earthly kingdom.

DAN P

Sorry Dan P, you're wrong. There is nothing wrong with the KJV translation.

One of the real beauties of the KJV is that they were very careful to distinguish between the SINGULAR and the PLURAL in the personal pronouns. Therefore every singular YOU is translated THEE or THOU and ever plural YOU is translates YOU or YOUR.

Therefore, the "kingdom within YOU" (as a group) is simple to understand as "the kingdom in YOUR (plural) midst".

There is no "error" there.

Hi RD and it depends on how you translate the Greek word ENTOS !

#1 What KINGDOM was Jesus talking about in Luke 17:21 ?

#2 Israel was already a KINGDOM , RIGHT !

#3 Or was it the coming KINGDOM , I believe that is what Jesus was talking about !!

#4 Because Jesus in Matt 23:25 - 27 calls the so-called spiritual of Israel HYPOCRITES , WHITED SEPUCHRES !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Hi RD and it depends on how you translate the Greek word ENTOS !
Are you really trying to claim that the KJV translators were inferior to you?

#1 What KINGDOM was Jesus talking about in Luke 17:21 ?
The promised kingdom of heaven. The restored kingdom of Israel.

#2 Israel was already a KINGDOM , RIGHT !
A "kingdom" under Roman rule.

#3 Or was it the coming KINGDOM , I believe that is what Jesus was talking about !!
Yes

#4 Because Jesus in Matt 23:25 - 27 calls the so-called spiritual of Israel HYPOCRITES , WHITED SEPUCHRES !!

dan p
Jesus also told them that the kingdom would taken away from them and given a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Mat 21:43 KJV Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.