PETER AND PAUL AND THE RESURRECTION AND SALVATION

DougE

There is a difference in the preaching of Peter and Paul in regards to the resurrection and salvation.

The resurrection:

The twelve preached Jesus raised from the dead to sit upon the throne of David (Acts 2:30).

Paul preached that Jesus was raised for our justification unto eternal life (Romans 4:25).

Salvation:

The twelve preached the forgiveness of sin and salvation for the believing nation of Israel at the coming of Christ (Acts 3:19 1 Peter 1:5 1 Peter 1:7).

Paul preached salvation now by faith in the shed blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).

Right Divider

Body part
Also:
1Pe 5:1 KJV The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

1Pe 5:4 KJV And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Bradley D

Peter wrote an interesting note in the 2 Peter chapter 3 concerning Paul's epistles.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:15-16).

Right Divider

Body part
Peter wrote an interesting note in the 2 Peter chapter 3 concerning Paul's epistles.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:15-16).

What is "interesting" about it?

beloved57

There is a difference in the preaching of Peter and Paul in regards to the resurrection and salvation.

The resurrection:

The twelve preached Jesus raised from the dead to sit upon the throne of David (Acts 2:30).

Paul preached that Jesus was raised for our justification unto eternal life (Romans 4:25).

Salvation:

The twelve preached the forgiveness of sin and salvation for the believing nation of Israel at the coming of Christ (Acts 3:19 1 Peter 1:5 1 Peter 1:7).

Paul preached salvation now by faith in the shed blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).

There's no difference in their Gospel. The difference is in your imagination. There's only one Gospel! Gal 1:8-9

clefty

The resurrection:

Who made that office called throne of David?...Did He not have authority before David?

because He has authority to give justification prior the throne of David even...

Same gospel...He has ALWAYS had authority to give justification...told differently...not another gospel another christ

Salvation:

promised to His people obedient to His Law and in Him His DBR guaranteed NOW by His same Law...given to receive when He comes...

promised to His people obedient to His Law and IN Him His DBR guaranteed NOW by His SAME Law...given to receive when He comes...

again...SAME MESSAGE...different audiences both saved NO DISTINCTION by faith and SAME OBEDIENCE...NOT another gospel another christ

Last edited:

thborn

The resurrection:

Salvation:

I have been looking into some of this and I realize this is something I do need to study and pray about. As an honest inquirer (at least in the sense that I can see myself partially agreeing), can you tell me how and if this differs from some of those who focus on the phrases 'born again' or 'Believer's church'? Could you also say a bit about whether there any other differences between what you see as Peter's and Paul's gospels, other than this path to salvation and view of Jesus' resurrection? Such as gifts, characteristics relating to believers or sanctification, or exhortations, or rules not found in Romans, Ephesians, Corinthias, etc., but found in Hebrews or 1 or 2 Peter?

DougE

I have been looking into some of this and I realize this is something I do need to study and pray about. As an honest inquirer (at least in the sense that I can see myself partially agreeing), can you tell me how and if this differs from some of those who focus on the phrases 'born again' or 'Believer's church'? Could you also say a bit about whether there any other differences between what you see as Peter's and Paul's gospels, other than this path to salvation and view of Jesus' resurrection? Such as gifts, characteristics relating to believers or sanctification, or exhortations, or rules not found in Romans, Ephesians, Corinthias, etc., but found in Hebrews or 1 or 2 Peter?

can you tell me how and if this differs from some of those who focus on the phrases 'born again' or 'Believer's church'

I am not familiar with these beliefs.

As far as being born again, while people like to use this phrase for the church today, Biblicaly, this only applies to the believing remnant of Israel. Israel was born as a nation and they had to be born again by faith in Christ.

DougE

Could you also say a bit about whether there any other differences between what you see as Peter's and Paul's gospels, other than this path to salvation and view of Jesus' resurrection? Such as gifts, characteristics relating to believers or sanctification, or exhortations, or rules not found in Romans, Ephesians, Corinthias, etc., but found in Hebrews or 1 or 2

Peter taught justification unto eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus, by believing he is Christ, the Son of God.

Paul taught justification unto eternal life by faith in his blood, in his death,burial,and resurrection as full payment for our sins. Paul taught all could be justified freely by grace as a gift.

Peter taught obedience to the commandments of Jesus and the law to be righteous to enter the kingdom on earth and reign with Christ at his coming.

Paul taught walking in the Spirit by knowing our position in Christ and good works for reward.

clefty

Paul taught walking in the Spirit
which has you living as He did...establishing the Law Romans 3:31...Loving as He did which fulfills the Law...

by knowing our position in Christ
exactly...and IN HIM to live AS HE DID...with a circumcised heart and "inward Jew" Christ minded ...LOVING JUST AS HE DID...thus fulfilling the Law

and good works for reward.
yup...Paul instructed "copy me AS I copy Christ" JUST AS...even keeping Sabbaths and festivals..."celebrate the feast with new unleavened bread of spirit and truth"

Paul annoyed Romans teaching them customs NOT lawful for Romans...you think that was NO Sabbath keeping and eat pork? LOL

beloved57

Douge

Peter taught obedience to the commandments of Jesus and the law to be righteous to enter the kingdom on earth and reign with Christ at his coming.

False statements no way validated by scripture!

DAN P

No he didn't, it's in your imagination.

Hi and in Gal 2:11 when Peter came to Antioch , I ( PAUL ) resisted him ( PETER ) TO HIS FACE because he was having been CONDEMNED .

#2 In verse 12 , Peter was eating with GENTILES , and was GRADUALLY WITHDRAWING and SEPARATING himself , being AFRAID of the ones from the CIRCUMCISION or m afraid of James and JEWS .

#3 Verse 14 , Peter , Since you , being a Jew , live like the GENTILES and not AFTER THE MANNER OF THE Jews why do you COMPEL the Gentiles to ADOPT JEWISH CUSTOMS and RITES !

#4 We see the Peter was NOT in the BODY OF CHRIST , PERIOD .
and never preached the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God that was GIVEN to me ( PAUL ) FOR YOU , Eph 3:2 !

That Peter and Paul preached the same message is JUST more FAKE NEWS , just like today .

dan p

beloved57

Hi and in Gal 2:11 when Peter came to Antioch , I ( PAUL ) resisted him ( PETER ) TO HIS FACE because he was having been CONDEMNED .

#2 In verse 12 , Peter was eating with GENTILES , and was GRADUALLY WITHDRAWING and SEPARATING himself , being AFRAID of the ones from the CIRCUMCISION or m afraid of James and JEWS .

#3 Verse 14 , Peter , Since you , being a Jew , live like the GENTILES and not AFTER THE MANNER OF THE Jews why do you COMPEL the Gentiles to ADOPT JEWISH CUSTOMS and RITES !

#4 We see the Peter was NOT in the BODY OF CHRIST , PERIOD .
and never preached the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God that was GIVEN to me ( PAUL ) FOR YOU , Eph 3:2 !

That Peter and Paul preached the same message is JUST more FAKE NEWS , just like today .

dan p

Quoting that passage proves nothing you said!