WHICH GENTILES ARE GRAFTED INTO THE OLIVE TREE

DougE

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

In Romans 9 through 11 Paul is speaking of the remnant of Israel and not the body of Christ, the church in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel was not comprised only of Jews, but Gentiles as well.

9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

God was speaking to Israel in Hosea 2:23 and saying that Israel was not his people, believing Israel was; this can be seen in 1 Peter 2:10 as well.

9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

God was speaking in Hosea 1:9-10 of the believing remnant of Israel.

9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

God said in Isaiah 10:20-22 that the remnant of Israel would be saved.

The Gentiles in Romans 9:24 above are the Gentiles who are members of the remnant of Israel. It is this remnant that is spoken of in the surrounding verses.

The Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree in Romans 11:17 are the Gentiles who are part of the believing remnant of Israel.

beloved57

The Olive tree is Israel the body of Christ. Gentile Elect will be grafted in so Israel the Body of Christ, the Olive tree will be composed of saved Jews and Gentiles, so all Israel shall be saved in that manner!

beloved57

Doug

In Romans 9 through 11 Paul is speaking of the remnant of Israel and not the body of Christ, the church in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel was not comprised only of Jews, but Gentiles as well.

False statement in that the remnant of Israel , the remnant according to the election of Grace, is the Body of Christ, Chosen in Christ Jesus the Head of the Body!

God's Truth

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

God was speaking to Israel in Hosea 2:23 and saying that Israel was not his people, believing Israel was; this can be seen in 1 Peter 2:10 as well.

9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

God was speaking in Hosea 1:9-10 of the believing remnant of Israel.

9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

God said in Isaiah 10:20-22 that the remnant of Israel would be saved.

The Gentiles in Romans 9:24 above are the Gentiles who are members of the remnant of Israel. It is this remnant that is spoken of in the surrounding verses.

The Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree in Romans 11:17 are the Gentiles who are part of the believing remnant of Israel.

There is only one gospel that saves. No one is saved if they are not in the body of Christ.

The remnant of Jews are saved and in the body of Christ.

beloved57

The Gentiles who have been grafted in are they which had been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

clefty

The Olive tree is Israel the body of Christ. Gentile Elect will be grafted in so Israel the Body of Christ, the Olive tree will be composed of saved Jews and Gentiles, so all Israel shall be saved in that manner!

yup...and even in biological law...the branch does NOT change the trunk...but the MORE similar the fruit of the branch is TO the trunk the better the graft...must be same FAMILY...baring the same fruit as the trunk/root...

or as James puts it olives do NOT come from fig trees nor figs from grapevines...

And yet so many claim they abide in Him but do NOT live LIKE HIM...you know SAME fruits faith lifestyle...

clefty

False statement in that the remnant of Israel , the remnant according to the election of Grace, is the Body of Christ, Chosen in Christ Jesus the Head of the Body!

again in the biological realm it would be an odd body that OPPOSED the Head its intent ways wishes and former life...as if a bird head could join a fish body...

the closer the BOC is to the WAY the HEAD lived the better...by their fruits ye shall know them...CLING TO THE HEAD...do as IT did...LOVE AS

clefty

There is only one gospel that saves. No one is saved if they are not in the body of Christ.

The remnant of Jews are saved and in the body of Christ.

Yup

just like when the ekklesia was in the wilderness...ONE COVENANT ONE LAW ONE BODY...some included were not even of Jacob...but had faith and obeyed HIM HIS WAYS did not come up with their own false worship like “every day is HOLY eat whatever”

Imagine Ruth saying to Naomi “I know I said your people my people your God my God but I still wanna work on Sabbath and eat swine”...LOL

clefty

The Gentiles who have been grafted in are they which had been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

Only the gentiles were chosen before hand?

Joshua 24:
15 ”And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day well it was chosen for you before you were born whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will we were chosen and can only serve the Lord.”

Had to make some changes to scripture to make it say what you wish it to say...

and you didnt finish the Eph 1:4 verse:

”chose us...to be holy and blameless in His presence. In Love”

what is the standard of Holy and blameless/righteous ...ours? man’s traditions? or His...Eternal and Immutable...

which Love are we in...the world’s? Buddhist love? Muslim? our former selves?

of course He chose predestined ones who would be Holy and righteous before the foundation of the world...would be ridiculous even impossible for Him to choose or predestine the unholy and unrighteousness to live with Him...

God's Truth

yup...and even in biological law...the branch does NOT change the trunk...but the MORE similar the fruit of the branch is TO the trunk the better the graft...must be same FAMILY...baring the same fruit as the trunk/root...

or as James puts it olives do NOT come from fig trees nor figs from grapevines...

And yet so many claim they abide in Him but do NOT live LIKE HIM...you know SAME fruits faith lifestyle...

Clefty, the OLIVE TREES represents people.

The CULTIVATED olive tree represents Jews, and the WILD, UNCULTIVATED olive tree represents the Gentiles.

clefty

That is about the plan was made before the world was made.

yup...or even as we are His workmanship created in Yahushua to DO good works, which Yah prepared in advance AS OUR WAY OF LIFE”

did Yah prepare works without rest? All meat clean to eat? Beforehand, in advance...

nope from the begining at creation there was good works prepared and included Sabbath rest...clean holy righteous good works and then after the fall these good works were even befitting repentance...

God's Truth

Yup

just like when the ekklesia was in the wilderness...ONE COVENANT ONE LAW ONE BODY...some included were not even of Jacob...but had faith and obeyed HIM HIS WAYS did not come up with their own false worship like “every day is HOLY eat whatever”

Imagine Ruth saying to Naomi “I know I said your people my people your God my God but I still wanna work on Sabbath and eat swine”...LOL

You said you don't obey the Sabbath. And, you eat hamburgers with cheese don't you.

clefty

Clefty, the OLIVE TREES represents people.

The CULTIVATED olive tree represents Jews, and the WILD, UNCULTIVATED olive tree represents the Gentiles.

I know I know...right?

is why I am so baffled as to why people insist another fruit can come from the trunk...

I mean it is olive to olive...olive from olive...and NOT olive to “every day is Holy eat whatever”...who does that?

What botanist or gardener would ever expect a grafted branch to flourish which contrasted the trunk...or even expect the branch to change the trunk/root...

Yup some actually boast to change both times and laws...as if they support the root and not the root them...

clefty

You said you don't obey the Sabbath. And, you eat hamburgers with cheese don't you.

LOL that’s even a poor paraphrase...I admit I fail in my obedience...even Paul admitted as much...still encouraged to persevere overcome to the end...copy him as he copied Christ...missing the mark is WHY we still need grace Him His Spirit to lead and encourage...to repent and obey...

The commandment was don’t seethe a kid in its mother’s milk...Pharisees and Rabbis like to add to the word...hmmm like you...

God's Truth

I know I know...right?

is why I am so baffled as to why people insist another fruit can come from the trunk...

I mean it is olive to olive...olive from olive...and NOT olive to “every day is Holy eat whatever”...who does that?

What botanist or gardener would ever expect a grafted branch to flourish which contrasted the trunk...or even expect the branch to change the trunk/root...

Yup some actually boast to change both times and laws...as if they support the root and not the root them...

Do you really not know what branches were cut off?

The Pharisees and teachers of the law and the Jews who did not want to believe that Jesus makes people clean now, not food and baths and animal sacrifices.

God's Truth

LOL that’s even a poor paraphrase...I admit I fail in my obedience...even Paul admitted as much...still encouraged to persevere overcome to the end...copy him as he copied Christ...missing the mark is WHY we still need grace Him His Spirit to lead and encourage...to repent and obey...

The commandment was don’t seethe a kid in its mother’s milk...Pharisees and Rabbis like to add to the word...hmmm like you...

So are you saying the Jews in the Old Testament could eat cheeseburgers? How about just hamburgers?

clefty

Do you really not know what branches were cut off?
sure those of unbelief...of Yahushua as messiah to the world

The Pharisees and teachers of the law and the Jews who did not want to believe that Jesus makes people clean now, not food and baths and animal sacrifices.

Jesus does have people live Holy and clean lives with repentant works...no mention of the trunk and root changing fruits...

He administers as High Priest His unchanging 10 of which seventh day Sabbath is the 4th.

you would have Him change the trunk and root?

That is EXACTLY what the Jews claimed “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered” Luke was clear that was FALSE WITNESS...as if the trunk and root changed the fruit it bore...

His Law is Eternal Immutable and Perfect is why Paul still delighted to keep it Romans 7:22 and instructs we establish it Romans 3:31