ONLY ONE GOSPEL ?

DougE

Holding to the notion that only one gospel was preached throughout scripture has implications.

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

If, as some say, there is only one gospel preached by Jesus, the twelve, and Paul, then not only the gospel taught the disciples is to be believed, but we have to observe, and do, all Jesus commanded them according to Matthew 28:20.

Jesus taught them the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23), saying in Mark 1:14-15 the time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. That time was the promised kingdom on earth, in which, Christ and the remnant of Israel would reign on earth. Since this gospel was taught by Christ, and we are commanded to teach all he taught, we would have to likewise, wrongly preach this gospel.

The fact that Christ commanded all to observe all things would not allow one to say, we rightly divide scripture, and certain teachings were only to be fulfilled by those disciples, and therefore do not apply to us. It is either we correctly rightly divide scripture, or we obey all of it.

It would be correct to rightly divide, as Christ, in verse 16, was only commanding the eleven disciples.​

God's Truth

There is only one gospel that saves.

The apostles did miraculous things because that is the way God testified to what was said.

The apostles did miraculous things during the laying of the foundation.

Some of the saved did some miraculous signs themselves, such as speaking in tongues.

That was during the laying of the foundation---the foundation has been laid, and God already testified to His word.

God still does miraculous things, just not the exact same way as when the apostles were sent after Jesus ascended.

For instance, no one speaks in tongues anymore, because that was a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation---and the sign has been given.

There aren't people dead in the grave coming to life anymore either.

However, it is still the same one and only gospel.

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Luke 1:2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household,
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The apostles did miraculous things because that is the way God testified to what was said.

Some of the saved did some miraculous signs themselves, such as speaking in tongues.

That was during the laying of the foundation---the foundation has been laid, and God already testified to His word.

God still does miraculous things, just not the exact same way as when the apostles were sent after Jesus ascended.

For instance, no one speaks in tongues anymore, because that was a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation---and the sign has been given.

4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Luke 1:2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household,
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
[h=1]Galatians 2:7-8 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

God's Truth

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Exactly! The same one and only gospel to the Jews as to the Gentiles.

It was decided that Paul go far away from the Jews to the Gentiles because the Jews who would hear Paul talking about Jesus thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could then drag them off to prison.

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

Paul wasn't sent to the Gentiles because he had another gospel different than the gospel of Peter and the other apostles! Paul was sent to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly! The same one and only gospel to the Jews as to the Gentiles.

It was decided that Paul go far away from the Jews to the Gentiles because the Jews who would hear Paul talking about Jesus thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could then drag them off to prison.

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

Paul wasn't sent to the Gentiles because he had another gospel different than the gospel of Peter and the other apostles! Paul was sent to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him.

That is not the way it reads. Try the NKJV for clarity.
[h=1]Galatians 2:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)[/h]
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
​​​​​​

clefty

LOL!...this will be good

The same one and only gospel to the Jews as to the Gentiles.
nope...before there was a Sabbath but now it’s a gospel without a Sabbath...just EVERY day Holy...eat whatever

LOL yes...people were tricked into believing Yahushua

Look...just because you are tricked and misguided on the gospel please don’t project your own testimony on others...

I don’t see him admitting he tricked anyone into believing...maybe he lied?

Or maybe you are adding and piling on to the false witness Jews tried to accuse him of...

Paul wasn't sent to the Gentiles because he had another gospel different than the gospel of Peter and the other apostles!
sure it was it didn’t have the Sabbath or all those purification laws you know it was changed into new Laws Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered was what Jews claimed...Luke was clear it was false witness but whatever...

Paul was sent to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him.
yeah cuz he defiled the temple (they thought) and taught Jews everywhere against their customs despite his taking a vow to prove he walked upright and still in accordance to the Law... Paul claimed as much at his trials and even later...

I haven't heard those MAD about the Sabbath and/or active homosexuals argue longer and harder than you to maintain the Jewish false witness that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered...

the rest here put me on ignore LOL...

And yet here you are with your 9/10ths obedience...

God's Truth

That is not the way it reads. Try the NKJV for clarity.
Galatians 2:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
​​​​​​

That scripture doesn't change what Jesus said in Acts. It all goes together because it is the truth. Jesus told Paul to go far away to the Gentiles because the Jews didn't trust him and wanted to kill him because they thought he was going around trying to trick them so they can be put in prison.

God's Truth

LOL!...this will be good

LOL yes...people were tricked into believing Yahushua
You read the Bible like you read my posts---wrongly.

Show where I said any such thing. It isn't there.

The people thought that Paul was trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus only so that he will have them arrested and beat.
Look...just because you are tricked and misguided on the gospel please don’t project your own testimony on others...

You deny the scriptures. How do you think it is for you just to deny the scriptures and make fun of God’s Word? Some people who love God and His Word will spend more time on it thinking and praying and studying before they just speak against God like you do.

I don’t see him admitting he tricked anyone into believing...maybe he lied?

Where did I say he tricked someone?

You need to read more carefully.

Paul tells Jesus that the Jews know he imprisoned and beat those who believed in him. Jesus then says he sends Paul far away.

You should be praising God to know Him better, and giving thanks that I showed you something you didn’t know.

God's Truth

Or maybe you are adding and piling on to the false witness Jews tried to accuse him of...

Study more and pray about it…but if you are not right with God, then Jesus won’t reveal it to you.

Jesus reveals himself to those who love him by obeying him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Don’t you want that kind of relationship with God?

sure it was it didn’t have the Sabbath or all those purification laws you know it was changed into new Laws Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered was what Jews claimed...Luke was clear it was false witness but whatever...
Paul taught the Gentiles the gospel that was first taught to the Jews.

yeah cuz he defiled the temple (they thought) and taught Jews everywhere against their customs despite his taking a vow to prove he walked upright and still in accordance to the Law... Paul claimed as much at his trials and even later...
That’s about something else now.

I haven't heard those MAD about the Sabbath and/or active homosexuals argue longer and harder than you to maintain the Jewish false witness that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered...

the rest here put me on ignore LOL...

And yet here you are with your 9/10ths obedience...
I love talking about God’s Truth.
There is nothing I would rather be doing.

clefty

You read the Bible like you read my posts---wrongly.

Show where I said any such thing. It isn't there.

"the Jews who would hear Paul talking about Jesus thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could then drag them off to prison."

oh and wait for it:

The people thought that Paul was trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus only so that he will have them arrested and beat.
there it is AGAIN...LOL...if you mean to say Paul was attempting to have them confess they believe in Jesus say that...

You deny the scriptures.
nope what you do with them...that I deny

How do you think it is for you just to deny the scriptures and make fun of God’s Word?
making fun of you claiming Paul was tricking Jews...when most of Acts has him running from them...LOL and NOT for "every day is Holy now...we can eat cats bats and wombats" LOL

Some people who love God and His Word will spend more time on it thinking and praying and studying before they just speak against God like you do.
some like you make up stuff and add to it...some silly stuff and some serious idolatry...

Where did I say he tricked someone?
in this very post...LOL

You need to read more carefully.
you need to quit saying you believe it is the SAME gospel when clearly there is one gospel with the Sabbath and a "I change NOT" God and then there is another gospel with another christ that did away with at least the Sabbath and the dietary laws and at most...well...all of it..."NOT FOR ME"

Paul tells Jesus that the Jews know he imprisoned and beat those who believed in him. Jesus then says he sends Paul far away.

You should be praising God to know Him better, and giving thanks that I showed you something you didn’t know.
how funny you are? Nawww knew that already but yes I am thankful you keep it fun...regret how badly you "miss the mark"

clefty

Study more and pray about it…but if you are not right with God, then Jesus won’t reveal it to you.

Jesus reveals himself to those who love him by obeying him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Don’t you want that kind of relationship with God?
wondering...why you only keep 9/10ths of "My Commandments"

Paul taught the Gentiles the gospel that was first taught to the Jews.
nope you don't mean that...you think he taught them "every day is Holy now and we can eat whatever we want" when Acts 15 has 3 dietary laws and James concluding the matter that gentiles will continue to hear Moses preached EVERY SABBATH.

So you changed something there...

That’s about something else now.
NOT AT ALL...His vow is PROVING Paul remained zealous for the Law just as myriads of believing Jews were...and taught gentiles them same...WE ESTABLISH LAW...

I love talking about God’s Truth.
There is nothing I would rather be doing.
well then talk about how at the beginning it was a big deal to create the world in six days and not instantly and then talk about the great fanfare and hoopla and razzle dazzle Yah put on to present the ETERNAL LAW at Sinai...ONE LAW for native and foreigners ALIKE...

oh and then talk about how the temple was destroyed and then rebuilt and then well...One was born AGAIN with a show...to remind Jews that WHOSOEVER believed was saved...and He showed ALL exactly HOW by His teaching and example...neat eh?

but NOTHING about His changing it from Sabbath to "every day is Holy"...you would think there would be a CLEAR message...A MILLENNIALS old tradition and only a bunch of LYING SLANDERING JEWS baring FALSE WITNESS that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered?...pretty underwhelming and anti climatic considering the BIG SHOW prior...

Amos 3:7 Surely the LORD God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Yup...prolly cuz He did NOT reveal His Sabbath was changed...cuz it wasn’t but is PERPETUAL

prolly the reason for the big show at Sinai

God's Truth

"the Jews who would hear Paul talking about Jesus thought Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could then drag them off to prison."

oh and wait for it:

there it is AGAIN...LOL...if you mean to say Paul was attempting to have them confess they believe in Jesus say that...

You try to change it up and it is a dishonest thing that you do.

Just read what I said and stop trying to twist it.

making fun of you claiming Paul was tricking Jews...when most of Acts has him running from them...LOL and NOT for "every day is Holy now...we can eat cats bats and wombats" LOL

some like you make up stuff and add to it...some silly stuff and some serious idolatry...

They thought Paul was trying to trick them.

You should be more careful not to add or subtract to what people say.

Maybe if you were more careful you would have God's Truth.

you need to quit saying you believe it is the SAME gospel when clearly there is one gospel with the Sabbath and a "I change NOT" God and then there is another gospel with another christ that did away with at least the Sabbath and the dietary laws and at most...well...all of it..."NOT FOR ME"

how funny you are? Nawww knew that already but yes I am thankful you keep it fun...regret how badly you "miss the mark"

The Sabbath was always about Jesus. Jesus came and we no longer observe special days because it is now worthless.

clefty

You try to change it up and it is a dishonest thing that you do.

Just read what I said and stop trying to twist it.
ok

They thought Paul was trying to trick them.

see you did it again!!

where do you get that? How do you add that into this? Trick them into what? Believing Yahushua? Or confessing that they do? With witnesses everywhere why the need to trick?

You should be more careful not to add or subtract to what people say.

Maybe if you were more careful you would have God's Truth.

Ummm you mean like “every day is Holy”

The Sabbath was always about Jesus. Jesus came and we no longer observe special days because it is now worthless.

you lied when you said you observe every day is Holy?

Oh and please show me where He says that...

cuz I count 2 gospels now

one with the Sabbath and one without

oh and then another one without the other 9 commandments or something but they are just MAD

like you...you and your SABBATH IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO ME or is not dispensed?

God's Truth

ok

see you did it again!!

where do you get that? How do you add that into this? Trick them into what? Believing Yahushua? Or confessing that they do? With witnesses everywhere why the need to trick?

Ummm you mean like “every day is Holy”

you lied when you said you observe every day is Holy?

Oh and please show me where He says that...

cuz I count 2 gospels now

one with the Sabbath and one without

oh and then another one without the other 9 commandments or something but they are just MAD

like you...you and your SABBATH IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO ME

Obviously you can't see. It isn't given to everyone.

Wick Stick

The same tired old topic.

Let's all argue about which chapter of Acts is the one where we stop applying context and read everything as if it was written to us.

Or, here's a crazy though... maybe we should apply context to ALL of the Bible. Because if we're being honest, NONE of it was written to us. None of it.

God's Truth

The same tired old topic.

Let's all argue about which chapter of Acts is the one where we stop applying context and read everything as if it was written to us.

Or, here's a crazy though... maybe we should apply context to ALL of the Bible. Because if we're being honest, NONE of it was written to us. None of it.

Here is an idea, quote someone and engage them in a discussion.

clefty

Obviously you can't see. It isn't given to everyone.

What the Sabbath? Sure it is...you make Him a liar? And reject what was made for man...not just jews...

changing both Times and Law is not a good thing...believing Jewish false witness that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered is not either...

you are just getting MAD...wanting the Promise established by Law yet denying the Law which establishes the Promise...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Repeating your position over and over and over and over again won't make it come true.

There are multiple gospels that save, but they aren't all active simultaneously.

:yawn:

God isn't currently in the business of doing miracles.

For instance, no one speaks in tongues anymore,

No one speaks in their own language and others hear it in their own, different language. Yup.

because that was a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation---and the sign has been given.

:yawn:

Duh.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Not one of these verses supports your position, let alone prove it, especially since you ignored the context of the verses.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do

Don't forget verse 9! Verse 8 is just a parenthetical that doesn't finish the sentence started in verse 7...

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:7-9&version=NKJV