GENTILES NOT IN THE BODY OF CHRIST

DougE

Acts 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

As can be seen in Acts 2:10 there were proselytes, strangers to Israel, Gentiles, who trusted in God and followed the law. Some of the Gentiles may have been proselytes that believed the gospel preached by Peter and the disciples. They were not in the body of Christ since at this time Paul was not saved and given revelation; the body of Christ was not being formed at this time, the believers were in Christ and the Church of God.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

Acts 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

In Acts 6 the Grecians are believers in Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel of the Circumcision. They believed Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God and were looking for the coming Kingdom on earth that was prophesied and confirmed by Jesus's resurrection. As can be seen in Acts 2:10 there were proselytes, strangers to Israel, Gentiles, who trusted in God and followed the law. Some of the Grecians may have been proselytes that believed the gospel preached by Peter and the disciples. They were not in the body of Christ since at this time Paul was not saved and given revelation; the body of Christ was not being formed at this time, the believers were in Christ and the Church of God.

The Grecians were not gentiles. They were Greek speaking Jews. That is why Act 6:1 distinguishes them from "the Hebrews" and not "the Jews".

KerimF

Sorry for asking this.
Could an independent disciple of Jesus, be, in your opinion, in the body of Jesus Christ?

In my knowledge, Jesus addressed his two greatest commandments to humans as individuals, not groups.
After all, 'independent' persons only (not belonging to any well-organized system) can live the uncondional love towards all others, including their enemies (as revealed clearly by Jesus).

On the other hand, you know better than I that Jesus says: "I am not of this world".
So I wonder how Jesus Church could be... of this world.

I guess this is the first time you hear what I said. So please forgive me if it hurts, in one way or another.

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry for asking this.
Could an independent disciple of Jesus, be, in your opinion, in the body of Jesus Christ?

In my knowledge, Jesus addressed his two greatest commandments to humans as individuals, not groups.
After all, 'independent' persons only (not belonging to any well-organized system) can live the uncondional love towards all others, including their enemies (as revealed clearly by Jesus).
That's a strange thing to say. Of course individuals are individuals and groups are made up of individuals.

On the other hand, you know better than I that Jesus says: "I am not of this world".
So I wonder how Jesus Church could be... of this world.

I guess this is the first time you hear what I said. So please forgive me if it hurts, in one way or another.

In the same verse where Jesus said "I am not of this world", He also said several other things. To ignore those and only focus that that part of the verse is to miss the meaning of the entire verse. Jesus said "I am from above". This speaks of His deity which is a contrast to "this world".

The Lord chose a group (Israel) to be His people on the earth.
Today, Israel is temporarily set side and God is building His body.
When this comes to an end, He will resume with His plans for the earth.

DAN P

:think:
Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:12

I believe that he is thinking of Gal 3:28 , There cannot be JEWS nor Gentiles , in Christ .

And that is because of 2 Cor 5:17 , So then , since anyone is " in Christ " he is a NEW CREATION .

Gal also says that there CANNOT be SLAVE nopr FREE , THERE cannot be MALE and FEMALE in the BODY OF CHRIST as we are all new creatures in the BODY OF CHRIST .

dan p

God's Truth

As can be seen in Acts 2:10 there were proselytes, strangers to Israel, Gentiles, who trusted in God and followed the law. Some of the Gentiles may have been proselytes that believed the gospel preached by Peter and the disciples. They were not in the body of Christ since at this time Paul was not saved and given revelation; the body of Christ was not being formed at this time, the believers were in Christ and the Church of God.

When Jesus walked the earth, he taught how to get in him. That was to the Jews first. How does anyone get that the Jews don't get in the body of Christ?

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Matthew 26:26-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body…

clefty

When Jesus walked the earth, he taught how to get in him. That was to the Jews first. How does anyone get that the Jews don't get in the body of Christ?

Didn't they have a big council in Jerusalem regarding what Jews need to GIVE UP since they believed in Yahushua? I mean to get into the body of Christ...you know... when they made the big announcement about Sabbaths are done away with and Jews could eat swine now... your "every day is Holy and eat whatever"

I keep looking for that passage...can you help me find it? Or where it was demonstrated being done...

I mean it would be a BIG announcement and a HUGE event,,, reversing centuries of practice and annulling a millennium of custom and tradition...

non believing Jews were going after the apostles merely because they healed in His name...SURELY they were told of the gospel news of NEW laws...that the Sabbath was done away with and eat whatever...

I mean Luke says they claimed Stephen taught "Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered" Acts 6:13-14 but clarifies that this was FALSE WITNESS as Stephen did NOT preach that...

So again please help me find when that big announcement was made...about all that Jews were able to do away with now that they were in the BOC...

clefty

this body of Christ...does is operate contrary to the Head?

Who was at the head of this ekklesia when it was in the OT wilderness?

1 Cor 10:4“for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

and already it had those NOT of Jacob...

and it was NOT for sake of Israel or for what they did but for a PROMISE made to their fathers...as
Peter
has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. Acts 15:14

and

We (Jews) believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we (Jews) are saved, just as they (goyim) are.” Acts 15:11

DAN P

Didn't they have a big council in Jerusalem regarding what Jews need to GIVE UP since they believed in Yahushua? I mean to get into the body of Christ...you know... when they made the big announcement about Sabbaths are done away with and Jews could eat swine now... your "every day is Holy and eat whatever"

I keep looking for that passage...can you help me find it? Or where it was demonstrated being done...

I mean it would be a BIG announcement and a HUGE event,,, reversing centuries of practice and annulling a millennium of custom and tradition...

non believing Jews were going after the apostles merely because they healed in His name...SURELY they were told of the gospel news of NEW laws...that the Sabbath was done away with and eat whatever...

I mean Luke says they claimed Stephen taught "Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered" Acts 6:13-14 but clarifies that this was FALSE WITNESS as Stephen did NOT preach that...

So again please help me find when that big announcement was made...about all that Jews were able to do away with now that they were in the BOC...

Are you thinking of Col 2:16-17 ? Which is talking about the BODY OF CHRIST .

Or are you thinking about Acts 15:20 and have you read Acts 15:11 and its meaning ?

dan p

clefty

Are you thinking of Col 2:16-17 ? Which is talking about the BODY OF CHRIST .
nope

but yes only let those in the Body of Christ judge you your sabbath keeping and new moons what you eat and drink...

why would fellow Colossians judge believing Colossians if they were NOT keeping sabbaths or New Moons? They had their own Julian consecutive calendar...didn't need the Jewish one....

why would non believing Jews care if believing goyim were NOT keeping sabbaths or New Moons?

instead Paul knew they were being judged by both groups for KEEPING these “just for Jews” ways...and assured them that only the BOC could do so...

Or are you thinking about Acts 15:20
all 4 of these were already required in the OT of believing goyim...but still part of Israel

3 of them specifically deal with clean food...not to offer clean food to idol as that makes it unclean...not to have blood in clean meat as that makes it unclean and not to eat found carcass of clean meat as that is unclean...

]

and have you read Acts 15:11 and its meaning ?

dan p
sure...being saved as the gentiles are and by FAITH is NOT the same as living as gentiles unclean and non Sabbath keeping after being saved...

once SAVED the gentiles were expected 4 things and then to hear the rest of Moses every Sabbath Acts 15:21...these goyim crowding the synagogues every Sabbath WANTED to learn more...and DO more...since they were SAVED...just like in the OT the Sabbath was given to those WHO WANTED to leave Egypt with them and were NOT OF JACOB but still SAVED...

Last edited:

God's Truth

John 11:48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation."

Jesus is the one who purifies, no more of works of the law.

clefty

John 11:48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation."
so this is when the priests proclaimed the Sabbath is over eat whatever...I thought you said Jesus did this...LOL

They were afraid of losing control of the people as they would follow Jesus and His miracles and then the people would want Him to be leader KING etc...

Jesus is the one who purifies, no more of works of the law.
you repeat to program yourself...happily Paul Peter and the council at Jerusalem taught and did otherwise

He gives us rest...Sabbath rest...be sure to enter into it like He did ceasing His works after six days...

God's Truth

so this is when the priests proclaimed the Sabbath is over eat whatever...I thought you said Jesus did this...LOL

What?

They were afraid of losing control of the people as they would follow Jesus and His miracles and then the people would want Him to be leader KING etc...

You aren't making sense. They said they would lose their temple and their nation.

you repeat to program yourself...happily Paul Peter and the council at Jerusalem taught and did otherwise

He gives us rest...Sabbath rest...be sure to enter into it like He did ceasing His works after six days...

The Sabbath rest is a shadow of resting in Jesus.

clefty

I asked when the great council was where believing Jews got together to decide what NOT to do now they believed in Yahushua...

Must be a HUGE event as it would suspend centruries of tradition and millennium of customs...to think “OK no more Sabbaths and eat swine now”

There must have been some major headline or “hear ye hear ye” instead NOTHING

deafing silence to your “every day is Holy eat whatever” and yet you prattle on about it like a proud parrot...

So please show me the event in scritpure where the suspension of Sabbath and dietary restrictions is occurred...

You aren't making sense. They said they would lose their temple and their nation.
because Romans were keenly aware that at ANY time a NEW CHAMPION KING would be declared stirring up the people into revolt...but since you do NOT read the Bible or other historical books you can keep your head in the sand of your “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”

As it turned out the Romans did exactly that anyway as Jews revolted and Rome had enough...laid siege for months and years...believers escaped but many were lost...and the gates of Jerusalem were NOT only closed on Sabbath but every day...you know they were under attack...

The Sabbath rest is a shadow of resting in Jesus.
your golden calf shines only for you...

God's Truth

I asked when the great council was where believing Jews got together to decide what NOT to do now they believed in Yahushua...

Must be a HUGE event as it would suspend centruries of tradition and millennium of customs...to think “OK no more Sabbaths and eat swine now”

There must have been some major headline or “hear ye hear ye” instead NOTHING

deafing silence to your “every day is Holy eat whatever” and yet you prattle on about it like a proud parrot...

Show where Jesus ever did that.

You claim to live like Jesus, so then show me where Jesus did that what you claim Jesus would have done or told the disciples to do.

So please show me the event in scritpure where the suspension of Sabbath and dietary restrictions is occurred...

Jesus speaks about it but it isn't revealed to you.

because Romans were keenly aware that at ANY time a NEW CHAMPION KING would be declared stirring up the people into revolt...but since you do NOT read the Bible or other historical books you can keep your head in the sand of your “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”

Show me the scriptures that say that.

As it turned out the Romans did exactly that anyway as Jews revolted and Rome had enough...laid siege for months and years...believers escaped but many were lost...and the gates of Jerusalem were NOT only closed on Sabbath but every day...you know they were under attack...

I go by the Bible.

clefty

Show where Jesus ever did that.
can’t because it NEVER happened...NEVER was there a council held to determine what Jews NO LONGER HAD TO DO because they believed in Him...in fact MYRAIDS that is 10000s of Jews believed and were STILL zealous of the Law...Acts 21:20

You claim to live like Jesus, so then show me where Jesus did that what you claim Jesus would have done or told the disciples to do.
Easy...just “Follow Me” you know...do what He did...WWJD? Do that...

Yours is the argument from silence and the burden of proof...you must show me where He taught and demonstrated the Sabbath was done away with and Him teaching and serving unclean food...

Jesus speaks about it but it isn't revealed to you.
well you have your chance to reveal it to me...still waiting...

Show me the scriptures that say that.
read the list of charges against Yahushua that the Sanhedrin presented as evidence to the Romans...they knew better than you what would have Romans act decisively

Acts 5:36-37 speaks of another insurrection

Acts 21:38 of yet another...but Paul was speaking greek...so understandable you miss all this...LOL

you think you are unique in coming up with NEW laws and another way another gospel another christ? LOL

I go by the Bible.

Trying opening it...and reading it....and DOING...

clefty

So stop telling me to show where Jesus did that.

Don't you see how ignorant it is when you keep asking for me to show something that Jesus never did when he taught anything?

sure...LOL

but now it is your turn to see something that Jesus never did ...

HE NEVER TAUGHT “every day is Holy now...eat whatever...you shall live forever as a spirit”

so why are you so ignorant here teaching and there LIVING as if He did?

So YOU stop being ignorant...LOL