COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 ARE YOU BEING TOLD THE TRUTH?

3rdAngel

Look deeper at yourself.

Were you taught by a human?

You cling to teachings of humans over what Jesus teaches.

Do you put a day over Jesus? You do, when you say the seventh day isn't a shadow of the Lord who was to come.

Repent of the teachings of men and believe and obey Jesus.

Nope I was not taught by man. It looks like you are though. How does anything you have written here address anything in the post you are quoting from or the questions asked of you? It doesn't. It is you who is following man made teachings in order to follow your tradition that breaks Gods commandments. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you?

God's Truth

Nope I was not taught by man. It looks like you are though. How does anything you have written here address anything in the post you are quoting from or the questions asked of you? It doesn't. It is you who is following man made teachings in order to follow your tradition that breaks Gods commandments. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you?

You need to repent of your false teachings. That is what you tell others here to do.

You lied when you said you don't go by teachings of humans.

Don't you know that the lame excuse you give for not believing the scriptures is something another person already coined?

3rdAngel

You need to repent of your false teachings. That is what you tell others here to do.

You lied when you said you don't go by teachings of humans.

Don't you know that the lame excuse you give for not believing the scriptures is something another person already coined?

Hmm all I hear is empty words and no scripture. I do not judge you but it is the Word of God we reject and deny that becomes our judge come judgement day according to the scriptures *JOHN 12:47-48. If you reject God's Word you reject God. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear according to the scriptures. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you? I did not lie when I said I am not taught by men. What do you think JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 8:31-32; HEBREWS 8:11 and 1 JOHN 2:27 mean? If you do not turn away from the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God you will never know what Gods truth is.

God's Truth

Hmm all I hear is empty words and no scripture. I do not judge you but it is the Word of God we reject and deny that becomes our judge come judgement day according to the scriptures *JOHN 12:47-48. If you reject God's Word you reject God. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear according to the scriptures. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you?

You lied and you should repent.

God's Truth

Here is a tip to you to help you learn when you have entered falseness:

Whenever you disrespect Jesus Christ, then you are in falseness. When you put a day before Jesus and make a day before Christ, then you are in dangerous grounds.

It is the same type of disrespect that Catholics and Mormons do when they teach that God did not give us enough information in the Bible to guide us to salvation and preach we need extra biblical information from their popes according to their Catechism and the books of the Mormon denomination.

It is the same thing that people like Right Divider does when people such as himself teach that Jesus had to abort his plan and finish it at a later date.

It is the same type of disrespect that Calvinists do when they say you can't believe and obey God without a special enabling.

It is the same type of disrespect faith alone believers teach with they lower the due respect to God and say to obey it to not obey.

3rdAngel

You lied and you should repent.

I have only shared God's Word with you and God's Word is not my words but God's and is no lie but the truth. In response you deny God's Word with your words which are not God's but yours. According to the scriptures only God's Word is true and we should beleive and follow it over the teaching and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who knowingly follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:2-9. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you? You may also need to consider ROMANS 2:1-12. God is my judge not you and I have told no lies only the truth through God's Word but you do not believe it when the scriptures teach whatsoever is not of faith is sin *ROMANS 14:23 just as much as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. I will leave this between you and God to work through. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them and you provide none but your own.

God's Truth

I have only shared God's Word with you and God's Word is not my words but God's and is no lie but the truth. In response you deny God's Word with your words which are not God's but yours. According to the scriptures only God's Word is true and we should beleive and follow it over the teaching and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who knowingly follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:2-9. Do you love JESUS dear GT? What does HEBREWS 10:26-27 and 1 JOHN 2:3-4 mean to you? Only those who knowingly continue in sin need to seek God in repentance so I am good. What about you? You may also need to consider ROMANS 2:1-12. God is my judge not you and I have told no lies only the truth through God's Word but you do not believe it when the scriptures teach whatsoever is not of faith is sin *ROMANS 14:23 just as much as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. I will leave this between you and God to work through. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them and you provide none but your own.

You said you didn't learn it from a man about looking back not being a shadow. lol Give it up.

3rdAngel

You said you didn't learn it from a man about looking back not being a shadow. lol Give it up.

Indeed I learned it from God through a prayerful study of the scriptures claiming God's promises. You did not read the post you were quoting from did you. I see you also addressed nothing in it. You do not have to if you do not want to. It is God's Word not mine and was only shared as a help to you but I see you do not believe it.

God's Truth

Indeed I learned it from God through a prayerful study of the scriptures claiming God's promises. You did not read the post you were quoting from did you. I see you also addressed nothing in it. You do not have to if you do not want to. It is God's Word not mine and was only shared as a help to you but I see you do not believe it.

You learned it from a man.

3rdAngel

Perhaps that is your experience it is not mine. I ask God and do my own prayerful study of God's Word claiming God's promises. Unless you do the same you will never know the truth of God's Word according to the scriptures *JOHN 8:31-36; JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; HEBREWS 8:11 and 1 JOHN 2:27

God's Truth

Perhaps that is your experience it is not mine. I ask God and do my one prayerful study of God's Word claiming God's promises. Unless you do the same you will never know the truth of God's Word according to the scriptures *JOHN 8:31-36; JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; HEBREWS 8:11 and 1 JOHN 2:27

Lon

Goodness dear Lon, all of your name calling and false accusations are noted but these I am not interested in. Please let me know when you want to discuss the scrpitures and the OP and have a mature friendly discussion. Until then we will have to agree to disagree. Thank you for the discussion and for sharing your thoughts but for me only God's word is true and we should believe and follow them. :wave:

Titus 3:4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people. 9 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

3rdAngel

Your repeating youself again. As poster earlier, maybe that is your experience it is not mine. I ask God and do my own prayerful study of the scriptures claiming God's promises. Unless you do the same you will never know the truth of God's Word according to the scriptures *JOHN 8:31-36; JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; HEBREWS 8:11 and 1 JOHN 2:27

3rdAngel

Titus 3:4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people. 9 But avoid foolish controversies[/B], genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

TITUS 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

NOTE: In Titus 3:9 the GREEK word for the law used here is νομικός ; nomikos means ceremonial laws. So the scripture says to avoid foolish questions in relation to tracing generations [Geneologies] and having contentions in the ceremonial laws that are unprofitable.

It is not saying you should not discuss the 10 Commnadments. The issue of the time was tracing geneologies in ceremonial shadow laws fulfilled in Christ from the Mosaic book of the covenant, not God's eternal law (10 commandments) that give us the knowledge of sin. As God's 10 commandments give us a knowledge of what sin is and sin will keep all those who practice it out of God's Kingdom, I think it is profitable to discuss them don't you?

God's Truth

Titus 3:4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people. 9 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Those scriptures don't say we don't have to believe and repent of our sins.

God's Truth

Your repeating youself again. As poster earlier, maybe that is your experience it is not mine. I ask God and do my own prayerful study of the scriptures claiming God's promises. Unless you do the same you will never know the truth of God's Word according to the scriptures *JOHN 8:31-36; JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; HEBREWS 8:11 and 1 JOHN 2:27

You repeat yourself more than anyone I have ever debated, and it has been many.

You learned your false doctrines from a man and then prayed about what a false teacher told you doesn't help your case.

3rdAngel

You repeat yourself more than anyone I have ever debated, and it has been many.

You learned your false doctrines from a man and then prayed about what a false teacher told you doesn't help your case.

Not really dear friend. Now your being dishonest. I will leave that between you and God to work through. Let me know when you want to discuss the scriptures in the OP here. Trying to get personal and unfriendly is simply a distraction and a waste of everyones time.

God's Truth

Not really dear friend. Now your being dishonest. I will leave that between you and God to work through. Let me know when you want to discuss the scriptures in the OP here. Trying to get personal and unfriendly is simply a distraction and a waste of everyones time.

You are the dishonest one not me.