Jesus authority

Oleander

I know Jesus never claim he was God.
But, let's say he did.
Who gave him the authority to such claim?
Did he make the claim on his own, or someone else told him to say so?
I own a small business, I gave the authority to my manager to do everything, the keys, open, close, go to the bank, sign checks, hire, fire, buy , sell...ect.
does my manager now become the owner ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But, let's say he did.
I own a small business, I gave the authority to my manager to do everything, the keys, open, close, go to the bank, sign checks, hire, fire, buy , sell...ect.

Yes he did claim to be God on numerous occasions.

​​​​​​ [h=1]Matthew 28:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

Who is the only one who could give Him such authority. Think about it.

Oleander

Who is the only one who could give Him such authority. Think about it. >>>so if we both agree, God is the Gifer, should we agree Jesus was the reciever? How on earth the giver equal to the reciever??

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is the only one who could give Him such authority. Think about it. >>>so if we both agree, God is the Gifer, should we agree Jesus was the reciever? How on earth the giver equal to the reciever??

Because the Scriptures say so.

God's Truth

But, let's say he did.

Jesus says he is I AM; the Redeemer, the Savior, the King of king, the Lord of lords, the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega.

Those are all the names of God, and there are more.

Does your manager call himself the same names you have?

Oleander

Jesus says he is I AM; the Redeemer, the Savior, the King of king, the Lord of lords, the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega.

Those are all the names of God, and there are more.

Does your manager call himself the same names you have?

>>yes, if I gave him the authority to say so.

Regarding Jesus, every single word, claim, act was given to him and it was NOT on his own, as he said.

Jesus said: All authority was giving to him. He did not say some but ALL, and that include saying and doing.
remember what he said: I speak nothing on my own. And that includes all what you claim he said . Thanks.

God's Truth

>>yes, if I gave him the authority to say so.
Then you are telling your manager to lie and take on someone else's idenity.

Regarding Jesus, every single word, claim, act was given to him and it was NOT on his own, as he said.

God the Father came as a man. This man Jesus said only what God the Father says; and Jesus only does what the Father does.

When you see Jesus one day, you can say you see the Father.

Aimiel

Scripture says that He made everything. Nothing was made that He didn't make. What more do you need to read, to understand that He is Emmanuel: God with us?

Oleander

Scripture says that He made everything. Nothing was made that He didn't make. What more do you need to read, to understand that He is Emmanuel: God with us?

>>>If I agree with you , Jesus did all the above, can you tell me who gave him, tought him, and gave him the authority to do so?

God's Truth

>>>If I agree with you , Jesus did all the above, can you tell me who gave him, tought him, and gave him the authority to do so?

God really came as a man, and really also lived in heaven in unapproachable light. When God came as a man, He lowered Himself. As a man, he lived like a man; men have to be taught.

Aimiel

I believe the clear implications of Scripture. He is God, with us. He lives in us.

Scripture says: "
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spiritof God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

I, for one, don't believe that people have two spirits added to them at the new birth. I believe that The Spirit of Chris IS The Spirit of God.