Sacrifices

Oleander

If God command sacrifices, then why He, the prophets and Jesus condemn the practices?

Why God contradict himself?

We been told God command the practice, and in another time, God deny he did?

God's Truth

If God command sacrifices, then why He, the prophets and Jesus condemn the practices?

Why God contradict himself?

We been told God command the practice, and in another time, God deny he did?

God commanded sacrifices, but He didn't like it that the people would sin, give a sacrifice, but not really be sorry for their sins.

God said He would make a new covenant.

Oleander

Who told you God contradicts Himself ?

>>>God did. please read Jeremiah 7:22 very clear, God command NOT, or told anyone to offer sacrifice.

And He repeat the same to prophet hosea in 6:6

And to prophet Isaiah, God ask: who asked you to bring blood of bulls and lambs.

And finally Jesus condom it, because it WAS NOT command from God. Isaiah 1 : 11-12

Oleander

God commanded sacrifices, but He didn't like it that the people would sin, give a sacrifice, but not really be sorry for their sins.

>>>God command sacrifices only as a penalty for unintentional sins. Sacrifices never wipe out intentional sins. It was like these days speeding ticket.
If you disagree, then please show me what kind of sacrifices needed for killing or breaking the sabbath.

God's Truth

>>>God did. please read Jeremiah 7:22 very clear, God command NOT, or told anyone to offer sacrifice.

And He repeat the same to prophet hosea in 6:6

And to prophet Isaiah, God ask: who asked you to bring blood of bulls and lambs.

And finally Jesus condom it, because it WAS NOT command from God. Isaiah 1 : 11-12

Read more carefully...God says to obey Him and He says they did not for they sacrificed their sons and daughters.

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel;
Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them
in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt,
concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
But this thing commanded I them, saying,
Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people:
and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you,
that it may be well unto you.
Jeremiah 7:21-23

Those scriptures are about God not commanding the people to sacrifice their children.

31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

That is the sacrifices and burnt offering God did NOT command.

God's Truth

>>>God command sacrifices only as a penalty for unintentional sins. Sacrifices never wipe out intentional sins. It was like these days speeding ticket.
If you disagree, then please show me what kind of sacrifices needed for killing or breaking the sabbath.

Oleander

Read more carefully...God says to obey Him and He says they did not for they sacrificed their sons and daughters.

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel;
Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them
in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt,
concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
But this thing commanded I them, saying,
Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people:
and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you,
that it may be well unto you.
Jeremiah 7:21-23

Those scriptures are about God not commanding the people to sacrifice their children.

31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

That is the sacrifices and burnt offering God did NOT command.

>>> As you can see below, God had no desire in all kind of sacrifices human or animales, period.
11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?” says the Lord.
I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. (Isaiah 1)

God's Truth

>>> As you can see below, God had no desire in all kind of sacrifices human or animales, period.
11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?” says the Lord.
I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. (Isaiah 1)

As I have said before, God didn't like it that the people would give animal sacrifices AS GOD COMMANDED, BUT, HE didn't like those sacrifices because the people weren't giving them with the right heart. The people would sin and when they give sacrifices it meant nothing because they weren't sorry for their sins. They might lust in their heart and hate their brother or sister in their heart and be angry with them. It isn't just about the things you said.

ALL THE SACRIFICES from the people were COMMANDED by GOD but the people who did the sacrifices made the sacrifices meaningless by the condition of their heart.

God said He would make a new covenant, and He did. Jesus Christ is the last sacrifice once and for all.

Jesus came and tells us how to make our heart right for saving.

Oleander

ALL THE SACRIFICES from the people were COMMANDED by GOD but the people who did the sacrifices made the sacrifices meaningless by the condition of their heart.

>>>No it was not.
God deny such a command, the prophets all condemn it, jesus condemn it.
Do you think they will do so if it was a command from God?
It was a man made command, God has nothing to do with it.
But, to say it was a penalty for committing a small unintentional sins, I'll say yes.
it has nothing to do with forgiveness of sins.

God's Truth

>>>No it was not.
God deny such a command, the prophets all condemn it, jesus condemn it.
Do you think they will do so if it was a command from God?
It was a man made command, God has nothing to do with it.
But, to say it was a penalty for committing a small unintentional sins, I'll say yes.
it has nothing to do with forgiveness of sins.

What you say is ridiculous because you say God denies the commands He made, and that all the prophets and Jesus do too---but then you say you believe it is for small unintentional sins then you believe it.

Get yourself straightened out a bit. You really want to teach that God's prophets all taught wrongly and the whole Bible is a lie?

The Bible says without the shedding of blood of the animals then there is no forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Jesus is the last sacrifice once and for all. He is the Sacrificial Lamb of God. The sacrificing of animals were a teaching tool of Jesus who was to come. The sacrificing of animals was a shadow of Jesus. That is what the scriptures say.