GALATIANS 3:29 ABRAHAM'S SEED AND HEIRS

DougE

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

The promise was that through faith, the heathen Gentiles would be justified. Those of faith would be blessed along with Abraham.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The blessing of Abraham found in Genesis 12:2-3 would come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ, that the Gentiles would be justified by faith according to the promise.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The church, the body of Christ, is not the seed of Abraham as being considered to be his children Israel, but rather, this verse is saying we are Abraham's seed, which is referring to Christ, as can be seen in the verse below:

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ is Abraham's seed and by faith we are Christ's (1 Corinthians 3:23), the children of God, and as children, heirs of God (Romans 8:17 Titus 3:7).

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

We do not receive the promises of inheritance given to Abraham (Romans 4:13 Galatians 3:18), but rather, we are fellow heirs of Christ according to Ephesians 3:6.

TrevorL

Greetings DougE,
Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
The promise was that through faith, the heathen Gentiles would be justified. Those of faith would be blessed along with Abraham.
Yes, the faithful will be blessed “with” not “along with” faithful Abraham. After proving this from Galatians 3, you then seem to deny this at the end of your post.
We do not receive the promises of inheritance given to Abraham.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings DougE, Yes, the faithful will be blessed “with” not “along with” faithful Abraham. After proving this from Galatians 3, you then seem to deny this at the end of your post.

Kind regards
Trevor

The point is faith. We are blessed through faith, just as was Abraham.
Israel will receive all their promises and the church does not get them....we are joint heirs with Christ by faith in Christ.

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
The point is faith. We are blessed through faith, just as was Abraham.
Israel will receive all their promises and the church does not get them....we are joint heirs with Christ by faith in Christ.
I understand Galatians 3 teaches that we receive the promises made to Abraham, including the inheritance of the land Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:16, 26-29.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE,I understand Galatians 3 teaches that we receive the promises made to Abraham, including the inheritance of the land Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:16, 26-29.

Kind regards
Trevor

The church has spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3 Romans 15:27) not earthly, but heavenly...... Israel has not been cast away and will receive the land and all promises.

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
The church has spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3 Romans 15:27) not earthly, but heavenly...... Israel has not been cast away and will receive the land and all promises.
This does not seem to be the teaching of Galatians 3. Paul is speaking to the Jews and Gentiles at Galatia. They are to be heirs with Abraham who was promised the land.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

The scriptures show each of the promises, the promise of a great nation, the earthly land promises, and the spiritual promises. The spiritual promises are the utmost of importance, the inheritance of the kingdom of God.
See Genesis 12:1-7; 13:14-17; 15:5-21; 17:2-8; 18:18; 22:17-18; 24:7; 26:3-4; 18:4, 13, 14; 35:12;46:3, 4; Exodus 6:2-8; 12-25; 13:5; 23:31; 32:15; 35:1.

All of the promises have been fulfilled.

The heavenly country is what is important and no longer earthly land; and it is to those who believe it who are saved.

Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 10:34
You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, knowing that you yourselves had a better and permanent possession.

Hebrews 11:10
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Hebrews 12:22
Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to myriads of angels

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have a permanent city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

Revelation 21:2
I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Did you read that?

No one in the heavenly country will get to be in it when it comes from heaven to the new earth.

When Jesus comes again, it will be too late.

DougE

The scriptures show each of the promises, the promise of a great nation, the earthly land promises, and the spiritual promises. The spiritual promises are the utmost of importance, the inheritance of the kingdom of God.
See Genesis 12:1-7; 13:14-17; 15:5-21; 17:2-8; 18:18; 22:17-18; 24:7; 26:3-4; 18:4, 13, 14; 35:12;46:3, 4; Exodus 6:2-8; 12-25; 13:5; 23:31; 32:15; 35:1.

All of the promises have been fulfilled.

The heavenly country is what is important and no longer earthly land; and it is to those who believe it who are saved.

Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 10:34
You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, knowing that you yourselves had a better and permanent possession.

Hebrews 11:10
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Hebrews 12:22
Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to myriads of angels

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have a permanent city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Did you read that?

No one in the heavenly country will get to be in it when it comes from heaven to the new earth.

When Jesus comes again, it will be too late.

Israel has not yet received all the promised land.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying that this is only for Jews?

​​​​​​ [h=1]Romans 10:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

God's Truth

Israel has not yet received all the promised land.

The promises to Abraham were fulfilled. Dispensationalists teach the false doctrine that God did not fulfill the promises He made to Abraham in regards to earthy Israel, and they do not recognize that God already fulfilled the spiritual promises to the spiritual Israel, the church (spiritual Israel).
Premillennialists reject the truth that Israel possessed all the land God promised to them through Abraham. God said that if Israel got all the land promised, then they would have six cities of refuge. We see from the scriptures that this has been fulfilled.

Deuteronomy 19:7-9"Therefore, I command you, saying,'You shall set aside three cities for yourself.' "If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, just as He has sworn to your fathers, and gives you all the land which He promised to give your fathers— if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always—then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three. "

Joshua 20:7 So they set apart Kedesh in Galilee in the hill country of Naphtali, Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and Kiriath Arba (that is, Hebron) in the hill country of Judah.

8 East of the Jordan (on the other side from Jericho) they designated Bezer in the wilderness on the plateau in the tribe of Reuben, Ramoth in Gilead in the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan in the tribe of Manasseh.

9 Any of the Israelites or any foreigner residing among them who killed someone accidentally could flee to these designated cities and not be killed by the avenger of blood prior to standing trial before the assembly.

There is listed the six cities of refuge: Kadesh, Shechem, Hebron, Bezer, Ramoth, and Golan.

God gave all the earthy land promises.

Joshua 21:43-45 "So the LORD gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it. And the LORD gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the LORD gave all their enemies into their hand. Not one of the good promises which the LORD had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass. "

Joshua 23:14-15 "Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the LORD your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed."It shall come about that just as all the good words which the LORD your God spoke to you have come upon you, so the LORD will bring upon you all the threats, until He has destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God has given you. "

Joshua’s promises fulfilled:
In 2 Samuel 8:3, David defeated Hadadezer, and he went to restore his rule at the Euphrates River.

1 Kings 4:21 And Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the Euphrates River to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. These countries brought tribute and were Solomon's subjects all his life.

2 Chr 9:26 And he was the ruler over all the kings from the Euphrates River even to the land of the Philistines, and as far as the border of Egypt.

Nehemiah 9:8 And Thou didst find Abraham's heart faithful before Thee, and didst make a covenant with him to give him the land of the Canaanite, of the Hittite and the Amorite, of the Perizzite, the Jebusite, and the Girgashite-- to give it to his descendants. And Thou hast fulfilled Thy promise, for Thou art righteous.

Jeremiah 11:5 "in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day." Then I answered and said, "Amen, O LORD."

We can see from the scriptures that God gave all the earthy land promises to Abraham. Many Christians falsely teach that Israel did not get the earthy land which was promised and that the land in 1948 AD was the fulfilled land promise; which is incorrect because God completed His earthy promises before Jesus came and unbelieving Jews were CUT OFF and bound over to disobedience with the rest of the world and the only promise anyone has is through belief in Jesus Christ.

Since Jesus came all cut off Israelites are BOUND OVER WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD, those who are condemned, like the Gentiles already were, and still are, until they come to God through Jesus. All must come to God the same way, through belief and obedience to Jesus Christ; all this BEFORE Jesus comes again, for he comes as a thief in the night---NOT TO BEAR SIN, but to give salvation to those waiting for him, those who know him by faith and obedience before he came the first time, and since then.

God's Truth

Right, not all of Israel was cast away. It means Israelites can still be saved like everyone else.

Who are these people from Israel that you think will be saved and given earthly land that Christians won't have?

DougE

Are you saying that this is only for Jews?

​​​​​​ Romans 10:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The above verses are directed to Jews. Salvation for Israel was not in the law but faith in the risen Jesus.

In the following verse the topic is Israel's salvation.
Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

While Romans 10:9-10 are verses often used for salvation, in Romans 10:1 it is evident Paul is dealing only with Israel in this chapter and in those verses.

In the verses below Paul is speaking of the righteousness of faith in Jesus Christ:
Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above; )

10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:6-8
It can be seen that the above verses are related to the verses below from Deuteronomy, spoken to Israel.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Confession of Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah, and the Son of God for Israel was required following faith and trust in him. This is similar to what we find in Romans 10:10; confession was required for salvation to enter the prophetic kingdom on earth.

Below is what Jesus said of confession.

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

If believing Israel did not confess Jesus, they would not get the blessing of entrance into the kingdom.

Many Jews believed on Jesus to eternal life but did not publicly confess him as Christ, the Son of God for fear.
John 9:22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.
John 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

In 1 John Israel is to confess Jesus as the Son of God.

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

In Romans 9 through 11 Paul is speaking of the election of grace and the believing remnant of Israel. It is the believing remnant of Israel that is to confess the Lord Jesus as can be seen from the verses in Romans 9:24-29 and Romans 11:5.

DougE

Right, not all of Israel was cast away. It means Israelites can still be saved like everyone else.

Who are these people from Israel that you think will be saved and given earthly land that Christians won't have?

The believing remnant of Israel, that believed by the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, the gospel of the kingdom.

God's Truth

DougE

You said right and now I'm going to show you that only the people who saved BEFORE Jesus comes will live int the New Jerusalem on the New Earth.

The New Jerusalem in heaven is built up with ALL the saved.

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Galatians 4:26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Galatians 4:25
Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Revelation 21:10
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.