1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

DougE

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.

Then how were you "born again?"

Bradley D

All must be born again.

"Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again" (John 3:3).

My spirit had to be renewed. To put behind this world of the flesh and enter the world of the spirit. It is a daily work.

he is born
γεννηθῇ (gennēthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 1080: From a variation of genos; to procreate; figuratively, to regenerate.

God's Truth

Jesus was talking to an Israelite about Israelite's in John. Why would you think something else?

I would point out that Jesus spoke to Nicodemus (thee) about THEM (ye) [referring to John 3:7].

Jesus isn't going to give two different doctrines that go against each other.

All have to be born again to be saved.

Being born again happens after a person is saved, after they repent of their sins and Jesus' blood washes those sins away. They are then a new person; they are born again and are perfect.

Right Divider

Body part
All must be born again.

"Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again" (John 3:3).

My spirit had to be renewed. To put behind this world of the flesh and enter the world of the spirit. It is a daily work.

he is born
γεννηθῇ (gennēthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 1080: From a variation of genos; to procreate; figuratively, to regenerate.
Why don't you or anyone that you know exhibit the sign that Jesus said would be that of a "born again" person?

Joh 3:8 KJV The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus isn't going to give two different doctrines that go against each other.
Since you don't know about either of His plans, it makes sense that you would say that.

All have to be born again to be saved.

Being born again happens after a person is saved, after they repent of their sins and Jesus' blood washes those sins away. They are then a new person; they are born again and are perfect.
Saved by grace through faith and NOT of yourselves.... it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

God's Truth

Since you don't know about either of His plans, it makes sense that you would say that.

Saved by grace through faith and NOT of yourselves.... it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

A person is born again when their sins are washed away.

They are born again---no sins, clean slate, fresh start, start over, new life, new creation...

Right Divider

Body part
A person is born again when their sins are washed away.

They are born again---no sins, clean slate, fresh start, start over, new life, new creation...
More falsehoods.

I'm dead in Christ and you should be too, but you're too proud.

Col 3:3 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Bradley D

Why don't you or anyone that you know exhibit the sign that Jesus said would be that of a "born again" person?
Joh 3:8 KJV The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Interesting verse. When outside and feeling a breeze we know not where the begn or where it ends. The Spirit comes upon one in the same manner. We do not see it when it comes, but I can feel it working inside me. As for where it goes I pray it never leaves me.

What is your interpretation.

God's Truth

More falsehoods.

I'm dead in Christ and you should be too, but you're too proud.
Col 3:3 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

NO SUCH THING AS BEING DEAD IN CHRIST. I 'm not the proud one; you are the one too proud.

We are to die to the sins of the world and LIVE our new life pleasing Christ.

We are DEAD to sins and alive in Christ, not dead in Christ, as you say.

Romans 6: 11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Thessalonians 4:1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

God's Truth

Right Divider

Here is more on how the saved are born again:

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of Him.

1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Paul in the letter to Titus says we are SAVED---BORN AGAIN, by the receiving of the Holy Spirit and WASHING and living according to the Word of God.
We are washed of our sins when we are saved.

Right Divider

Body part
Interesting verse. When outside and feeling a breeze we know not where the begn or where it ends. The Spirit comes upon one in the same manner. We do not see it when it comes, but I can feel it working inside me. As for where it goes I pray it never leaves me.

What is your interpretation.
Read the verse more carefully. It's not talking the Spirit having that attribute... it says 'so is every one that is born of the Spirit.'

God's Truth

What sign is that?