Have you ever had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real?

NoemaNovel

Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain, or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real? Have you ever tried to explain this to anyone only to be told that you have “an over-active imagination”?

Since everyone perceives everything in their mind, “reality” can only ever be what our minds make it, so that what seems real to us is real. Do you agree that if more people accepted this, they might be kinder and more tolerant to one another?

Are you willing to help make this happen by sharing your own experiences of your reality with others who will not judge or criticise it but will accept it on its own terms?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had one of those dreams a couple of years ago that was so real I haven’t been able to discern if it was a nightmare or repressed memory. In case of the latter, I have decided that some dreams are better off left buried.

oatmeal

Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain, or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real? Have you ever tried to explain this to anyone only to be told that you have “an over-active imagination”?

Since everyone perceives everything in their mind, “reality” can only ever be what our minds make it, so that what seems real to us is real. Do you agree that if more people accepted this, they might be kinder and more tolerant to one another?

Are you willing to help make this happen by sharing your own experiences of your reality with others who will not judge or criticise it but will accept it on its own terms?

You mean like a nightmare? or a sweet dream that was pleasant to experience?

Isn't that rather common?

thborn

Are you willing to help make this happen by sharing your own experiences of your reality with others who will not judge or criticise it but will accept it on its own terms?[/QUOTE said:
Only if it doesn't contradict God's teachings, the love of Christ. The only purpose to looking at another person's point of view is to come closer to the truth. True, very few people are such saints that they aren't carrying a lot of political and social and religious ideas that need to be shed or transformed. Too many people are living lives of quiet desperation, not understanding that much of the worldly stuff they do is pointless.

But being widely accepting of the views of others is not truly being kind or loving. It is a dead, false kindness if it denies God in any way. if you have a relationship with the living God, you are not going to be super open towards those who deny Him. Just like you are not going to be very supportive of the efforts of someone who is actively working against a beloved friend or family member.

Hope you find this bit of amateur philosophy interesting.

Aimiel

I had ONE dream that startled me immensely. I was with millions of other Christians and we were up in the sky; and we could see Jesus' Face projected on the horizon from one end of the earth to the other and we could not only see but also feel the joy that He was experiencing due to getting to meet with us in the air. We were all very surprised at His Joy at our presence, but at the same time we understood because of what He suffered and how long He had to wait to be with all of us. We could understand because we could know Him just as He knows us. It happened inside, in our 'knower'. No one had to speak it, because we just knew. Then, all of a sudden, we all had to go back down, as Jesus said, "Not yet... not yet..."

I woke immediately and asked my aunt and uncle (I was at their house between morning and evening church service on a Sunday), "Did you see that?!?" They were like, "See what?" I call the dream: "Rapture Practice." It was real, I was there. I know what Paul meant... whether in the body or out of the body, I don't know, but I was there.