The Gospel shared as an Elevator Pitch

The Berean

Ok, so you are on an elevator and a person next to you says they are lost and are seeking "God". You have a half a minute to two minutes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this person, What do you say?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ok, so you are on an elevator and a person next to you says they are lost and are seeking "God". You have a half a minute to two minutes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this person, What do you say?

Ask them if they think there's an afterlife, if they're good enough to go to heaven, and show them that the only way to heaven is through Christ.

in other words, the way Ray Comfort does in his YT videos.

God's Truth

Tell them to get the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do.

By the way, excellent question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

God's Truth

Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? - Acts 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...p;version=NKJV
(Peter, speaking to those in verse 1 who were trying to get Paul's converts to keep the law. Definitely applies to you too.)

Peter said that God gave the Holy Spirit to the uncircumcised Gentiles.

If God wanted the Gentiles to get circumcised, then He wouldn't have saved the Gentiles first.

Peter helped save Gentiles with the gospel before Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'd first say to them that it's wonderful that they can see they are lost and in need of the Saviour and then tell them the good news (gospel) of our salvation which according to the Holy Bible and the apostle Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles (speaking to us), is the gospel of Christ. It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth not to every one that does something as the religious often say.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Paul declares the gospel of Christ as the good news of WHY Christ died for us

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It is the gospel by which we are saved and according to Ephesians 1:13-14 KJB we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise when we trust the Lord after hearing and believing it!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

There's nothing that you or I can do of ourselves to save ourselves. All of the work of our salvation was through the faith OF Jesus Christ. We trust the Lord believing His faith accomplished the work of our salvation wholly and apart from anything we do or can do!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The moment you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 as the means of your salvation, you are saved, sealed and identified by one Spirit into the one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13). It's a done deal!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ask them if they think there's an afterlife, if they're good enough to go to heaven, and show them that the only way to heaven is through Christ.

in other words, the way Ray Comfort does in his YT videos.
Ray Comfort and those of the WOTM are gospel perverters.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter said that God gave the Holy Spirit to the uncircumcised Gentiles.

If God wanted the Gentiles to get circumcised, then He wouldn't have saved the Gentiles first.

Peter helped save Gentiles with the gospel before Paul.
What Peter preached to the one Gentile house he preached to is consistent with the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of Christ. Cornelius' house never heard the gospel of Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ray Comfort and those of the WOTM are gospel perverters.

I don't necessarily agree with everything they teach, I think their theology is a bit off in places, but I wouldn't call them gospel perverters.

Mostly, I just think the way Ray witnesses, both one-on-one and street preaching is probably one of the more efficient ways of doing it, and I've used his method to bring a couple of people to Christ.

God's Truth

What Peter preached to the one Gentile house he preached to is consistent with the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of Christ. Cornelius' house never heard the gospel of Christ.

He never heard the gospel of Christ?
There is only one gospel that saves by giving the Holy Spirit.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Jesus said he says that to people who don't repent of their sins, they stayed workers of sin/iniquity.

"Depart from me" is something Jesus says to do, and you said you tell people to do what Jesus says to do--to depart from Jesus.

God's Truth

"Depart from me" is something Jesus says to do, and you said you tell people to do what Jesus says to do--to depart from Jesus.

Jesus says that to people who don't repent of their sins. If you obey Jesus, then you will repent of your sins and not have to depart from him.