Leopard's Spots

God's Truth

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heartand a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

We have to rid ourselves of our sins by REPENTING. Repent of our sins means to STOP SINNING.

God's Truth

The scriptures have God pleading with them to come and repent, and not to resist Him. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say what Calvinists say that people can't believe and obey God unless He makes them do so, for there would never be a reason to harden people, as you know God has done. Why harden people if they can't believe anyway? Think about it more.

As for God giving them one heart to do the commandment of the king...that is by the word of God. That is about it being God's word and not the king's words.

12 Also in Judah the hand of God was to give them one heart to do the commandment of the king and of the princes, by the word of the LORD.

You have to repent of your sins to have that one heart.

JESUS CAME GIVING REPENTANCE as the Way.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:31
God exalted Him to His right hand as Prince and Savior, in order to grant repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name."

Acts 13:38
Therefore let it be known to you, brothers, that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Acts 17:30
Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all men everywhere to repent.

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those sanctified by faith in Me.'

Last edited:

WeberHome

FAQ: In order for Mary's conception to produce a male child, her ovum would need a Y chromosome; which only a man's gamete can provide. From whence did she get it?

A: Some say she got it directly from God via the Holy Spirit as per Luke 1:35, but I'm inclined to suspect that Jesus got the Y chromosome from his virgin mother's body via a miracle.

In the beginning God made the first woman with human material taken from the first man's body (Gen 2:21-22) so that the woman became just as much Adam as Adam; she is not a discrete creature made independently of the man out of sand or dirt and rock. She was made from the flesh and bone of an already existing human being's flesh and bone. (Gen 2:23, Gen 5:2)

Seeing as how God constructed an entire woman-- top to bottom --from a sample of the man's flesh and bone, then I do not see how it would be any more difficult for God to construct a dinky little Y chromosome from a sample of a woman's flesh and bone.

And seeing as how a woman's flesh is Adam's, then any Y chromosome that God might construct from woman's flesh would be Adam's seeing as how Eve's flesh was made with Adam's flesh.

God didn't have to create a Y chromosome ex nihilo, same as he didn't have to create a woman ex nihilo. He made her from something human already existing, which served to keep her in Adam's family. In the same vein, by making a Y chromosome from a woman's flesh and bone, it keeps Jesus' genes all in the Adams' family too.
_

WeberHome

FAQ: The Bible predicts that it would be Eve's seed that eventually destroys the Serpent. Doesn't that clearly indicate there would be no traces of Adam in the final stage of Jesus' biological origin?

A: There are times in the Bible when a woman's "seed" simply refers to her offspring-- her children --and isn't meant to exclude a male ingredient. For example Gen 16:8-11 where God speaks of Ishmael as Hagar's seed; however that doesn't mean Ishmael was virgin-born because Gen 21:13 speaks of him as Abraham's seed too

To my knowledge none of Eve's children were virgin-born. The perpetuation of her seed spoken of at Gen 3:15 was made possible only by conjugal relations with a man. (Gen 4:1-2, Gen 4:25)

In other words: Eve's "seed" doesn't speak of her ovum, rather, it speaks of her posterity, which all came about via the participation of hundreds, maybe even thousands, of men down thru the centuries-- most especially Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob --and I have no plausible reason to believe that God preserved some of Eve's eggs so that later on one could be implanted at just the right moment in Mary's womb to produce Jesus.
_

Last edited:

WeberHome

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

Back in the mid 1960s-- when I was a young single guy around 24 years old living solo in a tiny rented room in a family home's daylight basement --I had lots of time to myself to think about things since I had no friends, nor any kind of social contact whatsoever other than at work. I wasn't distracted with a girl friend, nor by pals and beer buddies, nor by an obsessive hobby. It was just me, my 1961 Volkswagen, and a 305 Honda motorcycle that I rode all over northwest Oregon.

I thought about Hell a lot back in those days; and the very real possibility of my ending up there. It occurred to me at the time that it would be a whole lots easier to comply with God's wishes if only I were like Him instead of like me. Doing bad is easy for me because I'm bad without thinking about it whereas doing good is a fight against nature. If only I could do good as naturally as God does good; I'd have it made.

Another thought crossed my mind back in those days. Let's assume that I could somehow manage to be pious enough in this lifetime to qualify for heaven. Then what? I was pretty sure I could never manage to be pious for all eternity: possibly in this life, but certainly never in the next; no, I could never keep it up forever. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves.

I envied people like Moses because he had heaven in the bag while I had no clue about my future; though I was fairly sure that for me, Hell was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was very fortunate to be thinking those kinds of thoughts because right around then I ran across a solution to my problem in the Old Testament that says:

"I will take you from among the nations and gather you from all the countries, and I will bring you to your land. And I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you will be clean; from all your impurities and from all your abominations will I cleanse you.

. . . And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you and bring it about that you will walk in My statutes and you will keep My ordinances and do them." (Ezek 36:24-27)

Those promises were made to the Jews so of course I, being a Gentile, couldn't expect God to let me in on them. But just think of the tremendous advantages that passage speaks of. Whereas I am normally and naturally impious, with those promises in hand I could become just the opposite, viz: I could become normally and naturally pious. Ezek 36:24-27 really perked me up and lifted my spirits because it gave me a light at the end of the tunnel whereas before then, I had none.

2Pet 1:2-4 . . Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us everything we need for life and piety through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature. (cf. Eph 2:11-22)
_

God's Truth

Back in the mid 1960s-- when I was a young single guy around 24 years old living solo in a tiny rented room in a family home's daylight basement --I had lots of time to myself to think about things since I had no friends, nor any kind of social contact whatsoever other than at work. I wasn't distracted with a girl friend, nor by pals and beer buddies, nor by an obsessive hobby. It was just me, my 1961 Volkswagen, and a 305 Honda motorcycle that I rode all over northwest Oregon.

I thought about Hell a lot back in those days; and the very real possibility of my ending up there. It occurred to me at the time that it would be a whole lots easier to comply with God's wishes if only I were like Him instead of like me. Doing bad is easy for me because I'm bad without thinking about it whereas doing good is a fight against nature. If only I could do good as naturally as God does good; I'd have it made.

Another thought crossed my mind back in those days. Let's assume that I could somehow manage to be pious enough in this lifetime to qualify for heaven. Then what? I was pretty sure I could never manage to be pious for all eternity: possibly in this life, but certainly never in the next; no, I could never keep it up forever. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves.

I envied people like Moses because he had heaven in the bag while I had no clue about my future; though I was fairly sure that for me, Hell was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was very fortunate to be thinking those kinds of thoughts because right around then I ran across a solution to my problem in the Old Testament that says:

Those promises were made to the Jews so of course I, being a Gentile, couldn't expect God to let me in on them. But just think of the tremendous advantages that passage speaks of. Whereas I am normally and naturally impious, with those promises in hand I could become just the opposite, viz: I could become normally and naturally pious. Ezek 36:24-27 really perked me up and lifted my spirits because it gave me a light at the end of the tunnel whereas before then, I had none

Jesus made those promises to the JEWS and GENTILES.

WeberHome

Jesus made those promises to the JEWS and GENTILES.

Post No.25 contains a reference to Eph 2:11-22, which, in a nutshell, tells how that God has a way for Gentiles to share in the Jews' benefits. The light at the end of the tunnel spoken of in No.25 is available to everyone on Earth regardless of age, race, color, or gender.

The passage is kind of long so I'd prefer that visitors look it up for themselves rather than I go and clutter the thread with a copy&paste block of scriptural text.
_

Last edited:

God's Truth

Post No.25 contains a reference to Eph 2:11-22, which, in a nutshell, tells how that God made a way for Gentiles to share in the Jews' benefits.
Those scriptures prove what I say. What Jesus taught when he walked the earth is for the whole world,

God's Truth

You seem to be under the impression that this is some unique proprietary claim. :idunno:
Why do you believe this as such?

I can prove with scripture what the truth is. If someone else in falseness says they can prove it with scripture too, well then let's debate it.

Paul debated publicly.

quip

BANNED
Banned
It is easy, if one does what Jesus says to do.

Jesus reveals the truth to those who obey him.

"It is easy, if one does as *Allah says to do. *Allah reveals the truth who obey him."

*That's so easy ....I could replace anything in its stead.

God's Truth

"It is easy, if one does as *Allah says to do. *Allah reveals the truth who obey him."

*That's so easy ....I could replace anything in its stead.

Does the Qur'an say to do what Allah says to do and you will find out?

You can't make up things and say Allah says so in the Qur'an if he doesn't say it.

Jesus in the Bible says to do what he says and you will find out.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Does the Qur'an say to do what Allah says to do and you will find out?

You can't make up things and say Allah says so in the Qur'an if he doesn't say it.

Jesus in the Bible says to do what he says and you will find out.

After some quick research:

The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

— trans. Marmaduke Pickthall, Quran 2:256
​​​​​​

God's Truth

After some quick research:

The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

— trans. Marmaduke Pickthall, Quran 2:256
​​​​​​

Nope that doesn't say do what Allah says to do and then you will find out.

Jesus says to do what he says to do and THEN you will know.

If a person wants to be saved, THERE IS ONLY ONE NAME under heaven in which anyone is said they can be saved, and that is through Jesus.

The Qur'an does not say such a thing.

If a person wants salvation then a person goes to the ONLY NAME under heaven in which to be saved.

Now let's look at the prophets of God.

Do you want a prophet who says he is God's Son, or a prophet that says he is just a man, as Muhammad says?

Do you want a prophet that came to have no wife or wives, or one that came to have many wives?

Do you want a prophet that came to have many children from many wives, or a prophet who came to die for you?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Nope that doesn't say do what Allah says to do and then you will find out.

Jesus says to do what he says to do and THEN you will know.

If a person wants to be saved, THERE IS ONLY ONE NAME under heaven in which anyone is said they can be saved, and that is through Jesus.

The Qur'an does not say such a thing.

If a person wants salvation then a person goes to the ONLY NAME under heaven in which to be saved.

Now let's look at the prophets of God.

Do you want a prophet who says he is God's Son, or a prophet that says he is just a man, as Muhammad says?

Do you want a prophet that came to have no wife or wives, or one that came to have many wives?

Do you want a prophet that came to have many children from many wives, or a prophet who came to die for you?

Of course you feel that way....you've been indoctrinated into believing that Jesus is the only way to salvation, just as a follower of Muhammad feels equally devoted to his invariable path. Which is the point here. Neither of you may verify the truth of your respective, strongly held *faith thus there's inevitable conflict (chaos) between two dogmatic ideals.

*Faith being the apropos term here -- denoting a lack of objective religious truth where one must scriptually acquire it.

God's Truth

Of course you feel that way....you've been indoctrinated into believing that Jesus is the only way to salvation, just as a follower of Muhammad feels equally devoted to his invariable path. Which is the point here. Neither of you may verify the truth of your respective, strongly held *faith thus there's inevitable conflict (chaos) between two dogmatic ideals.

*Faith being the apropos term here -- denoting a lack of objective religious truth where one must scriptually acquire it.

You are just repeating your failed beliefs and reasoning.

What does the Bible say? What does the Qur'an say?

The Bible says there is no other name under heaven in which a person is to be saved.

The Qur'an claims that no one knows if they are saved.

The Bible says we are to be reconciled to God and that we are put in Him and He in us.

No teaching of that in the Qur'an.

You just say anything and don't know what either book teaches.