Does God still speak today?

God's Truth

Are you some kind of heretic?
Who's the heretic?
The JW's New World Translation of the Bible states; In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was a god. The proper interpretation is; In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. They insert the article to be able to say that Jesus is a creation, not divine. Of course I do not believe what they added.
I don't study the JW Bible.

So now, do you believe prophecies can be added to the Bible or not?

Aimiel

Prophecy will cease when we can all see the future, just as knowledge will cease when we know all things. We aren't perfect and don't have glorified bodies. We prophesy in part just as we know in part. We all can prophesy, if we choose to and seek God for His unction for us to do so. Paul said that we ought to covet to prophesy. That which is perfect has not yet come. We're all imperfect. Pray earnestly (covet) that God would grant that you might speak forth His Word for those you are ministering to. Give what He speaks to you exactly as He gives it and do not add to it or leave anything out that He gives you to speak. It's the most excellent thing you can do while in the land of the living: speaking on behalf of God. It is what He created you for.

Aimiel

So then show which prophecies you have heard since the Bible has been finished that we should believe.

For your next trick; will you put a sack over his head with a group of friends standing around him and punch him and then ask him to prophesy who hit him?

God's Truth

Prophecy will cease when we can all see the future,
The Bible does not say that you made that up.

just as knowledge will cease when we know all things. We aren't perfect and don't have glorified bodies.
The WORD OF GOD says we are perfect when we are saved.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
We prophesy in part just as we know in part. We all can prophesy, if we choose to and seek God for His unction for us to do so. Paul said that we ought to covet to prophesy.
That was during the laying of the foundation.

You have to know the foundation has been laid.

ttruscott

GOD has hidden lots of truth before. For example, GOD hid what was undoubtedly the biggest truth of them all, that being that He Himself would incarnate. This truth can be found all over the OT but it was hidden from all the Jewish scholars until He actually came and showed it to us. (Luke 24:27) And Jesus told us that there was still some more truth to be revealed someday. Most Christians don't think about this too much, but it's true nonetheless. And, if you want, every verse interpretation can be discounted somehow and discarded because that is the way truth is.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. Therefore, we can say with assurance that this verse bears witness that there will be an unsealing, disclosing or revealing at the time of the end.

Therefore I suggest that, in the end times, we will be given a new understanding, that is, an illumination which has been sealed previously.

Zechariah 5:1 I looked again—and there before me was a flying scroll! 2 He asked me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll, thirty feet long and fifteen feet wide.” 3 And he said to me, “This is the curse that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely will be banished. 4 The Lord Almighty declares, ‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of him who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in his house and destroy it, both its timbers and its stones.’” Since it is a book (scroll) it would probably contain some ideas of an unearthly (previously unrevealed) nature. Its measurement "just happens" to match the holy place of GOD's temple, so it would probably be a holy book. And its holy message will have a profound effect on some people, for it obviously has some bad news:

Kiel(#2) comments: “The roll therefore symbolised the curse which will fall upon sinners throughout the whole land, consuming them with their houses, and thus sweeping them out of the nation of GOD.” (In other words, Armageddon.)

Cursed by the message of a scroll (book) - don't think we've seen that yet...

Isaiah 11:9 - For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Is our knowledge this full, let alone the whole earth? Is this just hyperbole you can ignore? Or does something new this way come...?

Jeremiah 23:20 - The anger of the LORD shall not return, until HE have executed, and till HE have performed the thought of HIS heart. In the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly. We will understand perfectly HIS thoughts. So much for those who claim HE is too far above us to know anything about HIM, eh?

God's Truth

GOD has hidden lots of truth before. For example, GOD hid what was undoubtedly the biggest truth of them all, that being that He Himself would incarnate. This truth can be found all over the OT but it was hidden from all the Jewish scholars until He actually came and showed it to us. (Luke 24:27) And Jesus told us that there was still some more truth to be revealed someday. Most Christians don't think about this too much, but it's true nonetheless. And, if you want, every verse interpretation can be discounted somehow and discarded because that is the way truth is.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. Therefore, we can say with assurance that this verse bears witness that there will be an unsealing, disclosing or revealing at the time of the end.

Therefore I suggest that, in the end times, we will be given a new understanding, that is, an illumination which has been sealed previously.

Zechariah 5:1 I looked again—and there before me was a flying scroll! 2 He asked me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll, thirty feet long and fifteen feet wide.” 3 And he said to me, “This is the curse that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely will be banished. 4 The Lord Almighty declares, ‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of him who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in his house and destroy it, both its timbers and its stones.’” Since it is a book (scroll) it would probably contain some ideas of an unearthly (previously unrevealed) nature. Its measurement "just happens" to match the holy place of GOD's temple, so it would probably be a holy book. And its holy message will have a profound effect on some people, for it obviously has some bad news:

Kiel(#2) comments: “The roll therefore symbolised the curse which will fall upon sinners throughout the whole land, consuming them with their houses, and thus sweeping them out of the nation of GOD.” (In other words, Armageddon.)

Cursed by the message of a scroll (book) - don't think we've seen that yet...

Isaiah 11:9 - For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Is our knowledge this full, let alone the whole earth? Is this just hyperbole you can ignore? Or does something new this way come...?

Jeremiah 23:20 - The anger of the LORD shall not return, until HE have executed, and till HE have performed the thought of HIS heart. In the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly. We will understand perfectly HIS thoughts. So much for those who claim HE is too far above us to know anything about HIM, eh?

There was an end and new beginning with Jesus.

Aimiel

The scriptures don't say knowledge will cease.
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease
; whether there be knowledge
,it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

I don't see where tongues have ceased, prophecy failed or knowledge vanished away, yet. When that which is perfect is come (perfected bodies, glorified) THEN these things will take place.

God's Truth

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease
; whether there be knowledge
,it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

I don't see where tongues have ceased, prophecy failed or knowledge vanished away, yet. When that which is perfect is come (perfected bodies, glorified) THEN these things will take place.
You said knowledge "ceased".

We have all the knowledge we need to guide us to eternal life and it is in the Bible.

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

As for the statement in 1 Corinthians 13:10, “but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears”, nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, that scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.

The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about what was coming, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about what came; prophesies from the past was being revealed.
This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”
When you only have prophesy in part (as in the Old Testament times), the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, and more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy and or more prophecy for what we need to know is given (as in the New Testament times), then we have full understanding; so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come.

The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament; the perfect has come.

We have the perfect New Covenant.

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:
Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25.