Does God still speak today?

God's Truth

where does scripture say that prophecy has ceased?

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

You know we can't add not one thing to the Bible. It is finished. No more prophecies.

The Weymouth is an excellent and enlightened for this scripture:

Love never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if there are languages, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be brought to an end.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

You know we can't add not one thing to the Bible. It is finished. No more prophecies.

The Weymouth is an excellent and enlightened for this scripture:

Love never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if there are languages, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be brought to an end.

It does not say that they have ceased, it says that they will cease, future tense

ttruscott

Yes, the Bible.

The flim flam of EXEGESIS is that for anyone to get the meaning of a verse from the verse without any input from their mindset and unfiltered by existing ideas is on the order of Paul's conversion as a bright light and hearing GOD's voice. Every interpretation of a verse is by EISEGESIS, the fitting onto/into the verse previously accepted definitions.

Therefore it is imperative we understand that GOD indeed communicates with HIS people about the bible and what doctrine they should choose of all the opinions offered. I understand HIS people to not be a church or a sect but to be scattered throughout all the churches and sects among the quiet ones.

ttruscott

This is a testimony from a close friend who is a mature Christian. One night she was driving home. She was driving behind a large truck that had large concrete slabs tied down. She said she was singing worship songs in the car when she "heard" a voice say "Change lanes now." He first reaction was "What?" She again heard "Change lanes now". So she moved into the right lane. She then said about two seconds after one of the large concrete slabs fell off the truck. Had she not changed lanes the slab would have fell right on top of her car and probably crushed her. Did God speak to her? :think:

Why not?

My wife was driving on a single lane country road when for no reason she pulled off the road and stopped. I asked her "why did you stop?" and she just looked at me funny and said she felt like she should.

At that very moment a huge garbage truck careened around the very sharp corner right in front of us going way too fast and filling the road. If we hadn't stopped we would have been in the corner when it hit us...

I see no reason for Satan to save us so I give GOD the glory!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe anyone can add.
What did they add?
Do you believe what they added?

Are you some kind of heretic? The JW's New World Translation of the Bible states; In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was a god. The proper interpretation is; In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. They insert the article to be able to say that Jesus is a creation, not divine. Of course I do not believe what they added.