Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Choleric

Oh give me a break. There's others who would shout 'heretic!' for having a different set of 'basics' and it's just who can shout the loudest for the most part. Carry on with your 'crusade' for all it actually means. If you took a step back from the self assured pomposity of it you might actually see how alienating and bemusing the whole thing is to many looking in....

:plain:

If you find standing for basic Christianity "amusing" then what do you believe? Do you think it is ok the deny the deity of Christ, to deny half the New Testament and to deny salvation is by grace without works? Do you think God was kidding when He said salvation was only thoroughly Christ or is that too narrow for you too?

What is truth to you? Is there such a thing as truth or is everything "relative"?

Are you a universalist or just someone who wants everyone to like him because you can't stand division, even if it means standing for truth. The word of God has plenty to say about all of that too.

Jesus said "truth" will set us free. Half truths will not. He also said that men would hate us for His names sake. Are you afraid that standing for truth might make some people not like you?

Pick a side AB.

Arthur Brain

If you find standing for basic Christianity "amusing" then what do you believe? Do you think it is ok the deny the deity of Christ, to deny half the New Testament and to deny salvation is by grace without works? Do you think God was kidding when He said salvation was only thoroughly Christ or is that too narrow for you too?

Where did I say I found any such thing "amusing" exactly? I find your thread anything but as it does no such thing. You simply concoct a list of people who don't believe the exact same theology as yourself, call them heretics and then 'invite' them to let you know if they repent of their 'heresy' - believe the same as you - and then you'll take them off the list. Where were you appointed as the sole arbiter of what everyone else should believe?

What is truth to you? Is there such a thing as truth or is everything "relative"?

Of course there's such a thing as truth. And...?

Are you a universalist or just someone who wants everyone to like him because you can't stand division, even if it means standing for truth. The word of God has plenty to say about all of that too.

Are you kidding? If I 'wanted everyone to like me' then I wouldn't bother to take an opposing position to others on any subject on any thread...:AMR:
As far as I'm concerned threads like yours are only designed to cause division and sow dischord. There'll be plenty who think you're a heretic and be just as assured that they have the 'truth'.

Jesus said "truth" will set us free. Half truths will not. He also said that men would hate us for His names sake. Are you afraid that standing for truth might make some people not like you?

Oh enough with the martyr complex already. I don't hate you at all choleric. As before - if I was that bothered about not being liked I wouldn't take a stand on any given thread so your argument there simply doesn't work.

Pick a side AB.

I do already, on a number of topics. Thanks anyway though....

:e4e:

Choleric

Where did I say I found any such thing "amusing" exactly? I find your thread anything but as it does no such thing. You simply concoct a list of people who don't believe the exact same theology as yourself, call them heretics and then 'invite' them to let you know if they repent of their 'heresy' - believe the same as you - and then you'll take them off the list. Where were you appointed as the sole arbiter of what everyone else should believe?

As a Christian I am told to do a few things. 1- share the gospel 2- mark those that teach false gospels

I am doing both. I did not concoct a list. And or the record none of the people on my list would argue with their classification. The works crowd will proudly stand for their belief that they have to work to attain and/or maintain their salvation. Same for the other groups.

Again, the gospel is one thing and it is absolute. It is not negotiable. It isn't pliable. If you deny salvation is a free gift without works, you will die in your sins. (Rom 10:3). If you deny the deity of Christ, you are placing whatever faith you have in a false Christ and you will die in your sins. If you believe that Paul was a heretic, you have no idea what the gospel is and will die in your sins.

If you disagree, please do so with more intelligence than simply calling me mean.

Of course there's such a thing as truth. And...?

Where is it? Do you stand up for it or at least stand by it? Do you believe a person can get saved by offering God their works? Do you believe that a person can get saved without Paul's epistles? Are you afraid to tell someone their doctrine is the broad road that leads to eternal hell? Are you too "nice" for that?

Are you kidding? If I 'wanted everyone to like me' then I wouldn't bother to take an opposing position to others on any subject on any thread...:AMR:

I'm not talking about what your favorite color is, or what your various political views are. I am talking about salvation. It is one thing, and it is not 100 others. Are you taking a stand with anyone who teaches or believes error? Or do you choose not to talk about religious matters because you don't want to be "dogmatic"?

As far as I'm concerned threads like yours are only designed to cause division and sow dischord. There'll be plenty who think you're a heretic and be just as assured that they have the 'truth'.

Not to sow discord, but to obey this verse:

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

How do you suppose we fulfill that command on a forum? If you have an alternate to the list, I'm all ears. Something tells me your preference will be to ignore the verse altogether in the "spirit of unity".

Oh enough with the martyr complex already. I don't hate you at all choleric. As before - if I was that bothered about not being liked I wouldn't take a stand on any given thread so your argument there simply doesn't work.

I do already, on a number of topics. Thanks anyway though....

:e4e:

Take a stand. Tell me what you think about salvation and obedience to "mark them".

Maybe you will just sit down instead.

Arthur Brain

As a Christian I am told to do a few things. 1- share the gospel 2- mark those that teach false gospels

I am doing both. I did not concoct a list. And or the record none of the people on my list would argue with their classification. The works crowd will proudly stand for their belief that they have to work to attain and/or maintain their salvation. Same for the other groups.

Yes you have concocted a list. Basically it's anyone who doesn't in whole ascribe to your theological line of thinking. Others have done the same tired thing and point the same accusing finger at others who don't agree with them. It's nowt new and neither are you in that regard...

Again, the gospel is one thing and it is absolute. It is not negotiable. It isn't pliable. If you deny salvation is a free gift without works, you will die in your sins. (Rom 10:3). If you deny the deity of Christ, you are placing whatever faith you have in a false Christ and you will die in your sins. If you believe that Paul was a heretic, you have no idea what the gospel is and will die in your sins.

Well thank you St choleric...

If you disagree, please do so with more intelligence than simply calling me mean.

Where did I call you mean exactly? Please point out where else you're making stuff up dude.

Where is it? Do you stand up for it or at least stand by it? Do you believe a person can get saved by offering God their works? Do you believe that a person can get saved without Paul's epistles? Are you afraid to tell someone their doctrine is the broad road that leads to eternal hell? Are you too "nice" for that?

Oh, so I guess it's 'heresy' to not believe in an eternal hell as well is it? Most in the early church didn't go along with the dogma of eternal torment so if you're peddling that as 'truth' then you're just another zealot who likes the sound of his own voice and isn't happy unless he finds disagreement. Again - nowt new.

And are you suggesting that people can't actually be 'saved' unless they read Paul's epistles or something regardless? :AMR:

I'm not talking about what your favorite color is, or what your various political views are. I am talking about salvation. It is one thing, and it is not 100 others. Are you taking a stand with anyone who teaches or believes error? Or do you choose not to talk about religious matters because you don't want to be "dogmatic"?

I'm not dogmatic choleric, that's kinda the point. You're a dime a dozen where it comes to what 'teaching error' consists of and like plenty others you're equally vehement that you have the truth and everyone from a contrary position doesn't. You're all tiresome frankly.

Not to sow discord, but to obey this verse:

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

How ironic. You're the one intent on causing division because you're so egotistical as to presuppose you're the only one who has the 'truth'.

How do you suppose we fulfill that command on a forum? If you have an alternate to the list, I'm all ears. Something tells me your preference will be to ignore the verse altogether in the "spirit of unity".

No, you wouldn't be 'all ears' choleric. You'll doubtless label me a heretic because I don't ascribe to an 'eternal hell' and you can get on with that frankly. It'll simply confirm that you're not interested in genuine debate on contentious issues but only intent on your own obsessive agenda if so.

Take a stand. Tell me what you think about salvation and obedience to "mark them".

I'm not interested in 'marking others' as heretics. I'm strongly opposed to some of the 'teachings' I see on here, but I don't need to revert to pointless name calling and lists fuelled by nothing but ego.

Maybe you will just sit down instead.

Maybe I'll do a sudoku puzzle after submitting this....who knows?

g_n_o_s_i_s

If you deny salvation is a free gift without works, you will die in your sins. (Rom 10:3). If you deny the deity of Christ, you are placing whatever faith you have in a false Christ and you will die in your sins. If you believe that Paul was a heretic, you have no idea what the gospel is and will die in your sins.

Is the reason I agree with all these points I'm being held back from this esteemed list?

Choleric

Yes you have concocted a list. Basically it's anyone who doesn't in whole ascribe to your theological line of thinking. Others have done the same tired thing and point the same accusing finger at others who don't agree with them. It's nowt new and neither are you in that regard...

It is not a list based on my theological way of thinking. If it was Calvinists and Pentecostals and open theists would be on the list. This list is based on basic Christianity. This is basic, first Sunday school class lesson type stuff. The idea that you can't understand the difference is quite puzzling for someone with "brain" in their name.

Where did I call you mean exactly? Please point out where else you're making stuff up dude.

It was implied. You are calling me divisive and such like. Or are you saying I'm a wonderfully nice and caring person for being divisive?

Oh, so I guess it's 'heresy' to not believe in an eternal hell as well is it? Most in the early church didn't go along with the dogma of eternal torment so if you're peddling that as 'truth' then you're just another zealot who likes the sound of his own voice and isn't happy unless he finds disagreement. Again - nowt new.

Of course there is real eternal hell. This is in the bible. Jesus said to fear him who had the power to throw both body and soul into hell and in revelation we read "the smoke of their torment went up day and night forever" and they "have no rest". People still exist who have no rest, not non-existent people. Of course, you could all God a liar.

But I would not claim you will go to hell for not believing in hell. I would say it explains a lot about your beliefs and about your view of God that you don't believe the bible. It explains why you and I are having this conversation.

And are you suggesting that people can't actually be 'saved' unless they read Paul's epistles or something regardless? :AMR:

You would have no idea what the gospel was without Paul's letters, particularly Romans and Galatians. That is a fact. The reason people reject Paul's apostleship is for that very reason, as the salvation by grace without works is clearly taught by Paul and those who reject him would rather work for their salvation. To reject Paul is to reject free salvation without works. Just ask anyone on the list.

I'm not dogmatic choleric, that's kinda the point. You're a dime a dozen where it comes to what 'teaching error' consists of and like plenty others you're equally vehement that you have the truth and everyone from a contrary position doesn't. You're all tiresome frankly.

Well pray tell, tell us all what the gospel is then. Or are you afraid to stand for what you believe in? Do you believe anything enough to trouble yourself with telling someone, or is truth more "fluid" than that?

I believe what God says. It is appointed into man once to die and then face judgement. Life is not a negotiation, there are real consequences to whether or not a person is Born Again. Eternity is a long time to be wrong. People that teach the things those on the list teach are in danger of eternal torment and the people that believe that heresy are in the same danger.

This is not a game.

How ironic. You're the one intent on causing division because you're so egotistical as to presuppose you're the only one who has the 'truth'.

I don't "have" any truth. I simple repeat what I read. I believe what I read, and respond. That is what people do when they believe something, they tell others.

No, you wouldn't be 'all ears' choleric. You'll doubtless label me a heretic because I don't ascribe to an 'eternal hell' and you can get on with that frankly. It'll simply confirm that you're not interested in genuine debate on contentious issues but only intent on your own obsessive agenda if so.

I would love to have a civilized debate on eternal hell. I and yes, I am obsessed with truth and people getting saved. Paul warned against heresy because it was "another gospel" that would lead people astray. It is not the time to play nice.

I'm not interested in 'marking others' as heretics.

That is pretty obvious. Paul must have been having a bad day.

I'm strongly opposed to some of the 'teachings' I see on here, but I don't need to revert to pointless name calling and lists fuelled by nothing but ego.

So you are so opposed that you keep silent? Great plan. :plain:

Maybe I'll do a sudoku puzzle after submitting this....who knows?

Sudoku? You are a heretic! ;)

SeraphimsCherub

It is not a list based on my theological way of thinking. If it was Calvinists and Pentecostals and open theists would be on the list. This list is based on basic Christianity. This is basic, first Sunday school class lesson type stuff. The idea that you can't understand that is quite puzzling to someone with "brain" I'm their name.

So you believe that those who "actually" believe in the HOLY SPIRIT,and Operate in the gifts of the SPIRIT are heretics? Wow...So dead Christianity is better in your book,that the SPIRIT of the "LIVING" GOD? How interesting...

Choleric

So you believe that those who "actually" believe in the HOLY SPIRIT,and Operate in the gifts of the SPIRIT are heretics? Wow...So dead Christianity is better in your book,that the SPIRIT of the "LIVING" GOD? How interesting...

Did I say any of what you just said? Pentecostals are wrong because they ( generally) teach you have to be good enough to earn or keep salvation. That is error. We may disagree about the role of the Holy Spirit, but you aren't goin to go to hell over it. The list is for basic Christianity, not what born again Chriatians argue over.

If you think salvation has to be earned, or that Paul was a heretic, or that Jesus is not God, you are likely lost.

SeraphimsCherub

Did I say any of what you just said? Pentecostals are wrong because they ( generally) teach you have to be good enough to earn or keep salvation. That is error. We may disagree about the role of the Holy Spirit, but you aren't goin to go to hell over it. The list is for basic Christianity, not what born again Chriatians argue over.

If you think salvation has to be earned, or that Paul was a heretic, or that Jesus is not God, you are likely lost.

Yeah..i totally agree with you there. No...I'm SAVED EVERLASTINGLY...BY THE EVERLASTING GRACE OF THE ETERNAL GOD...THE FATHER~CHRIST JESUS THE SON~&~HIS HOLY SPIRIT...THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER,AND OF THE SON. AMEN!

Arthur Brain

It is not a list based on my theological way of thinking. If it was Calvinists and Pentecostals and open theists would be on the list. This list is based on basic Christianity. This is basic, first Sunday school class lesson type stuff. The idea that you can't understand the difference is quite puzzling for someone with "brain" in their name.

Except your 'basic, first Sunday school class lesson' is at odds with others. Heck, I don't recall this at me own those years back. If you're going to call people 'heretics' simply for not having this apparent 'basic' understanding of 'proper faith' then it's puzzling in turn why you'd dedicate a thread to the topic.

It was implied. You are calling me divisive and such like. Or are you saying I'm a wonderfully nice and caring person for being divisive?

All your previous thread did was invite objection and dischord. Grief, if you've got SD as an 'ally' then you really should look at things. She wouldn't know 'truth' from a stock car pile up. Look at her sig for crying out loud. Do you even consider what it must appear like for observers looking in to see supposed Christians bickering away over stuff?

Of course there is real eternal hell. This is in the bible. Jesus said to fear him who had the power to throw both body and soul into hell and in revelation we read "the smoke of their torment went up day and night forever" and they "have no rest". People still exist who have no rest, not non-existent people. Of course, you could all God a liar.

Um, why do you suppose I asked you about your knowledge of the early church in regards to this subject? What do you actually know about the original texts and translations? Why was eternal torment a minority school of thought at the time? Have you ever researched the topic to any degree? Unless you have you're in no position to say 'of course there is'. Perhaps you can explain how death and hades are thrown into the lake of fire as well?

But I would not claim you will go to hell for not believing in hell. I would say it explains a lot about your beliefs and about your view of God that you don't believe the bible. It explains why you and I are having this conversation.

It would only explain why I don't believe in a cruel and capricious God choleric. The fact that you may equate that with 'not believing the bible' only goes to serve what you know or don't know about the above....

You would have no idea what the gospel was without Paul's letters, particularly Romans and Galatians. That is a fact. The reason people reject Paul's apostleship is for that very reason, as the salvation by grace without works is clearly taught by Paul and those who reject him would rather work for their salvation. To reject Paul is to reject free salvation without works. Just ask anyone on the list.

So....if someone were to read the bible sans Paul it would be effectively useless? :AMR:

Well pray tell, tell us all what the gospel is then. Or are you afraid to stand for what you believe in? Do you believe anything enough to trouble yourself with telling someone, or is truth more "fluid" than that?

As far as I recall the gospel = 'good news'. Or is that too basic?

I believe what God says. It is appointed into man once to die and then face judgement. Life is not a negotiation, there are real consequences to whether or not a person is Born Again. Eternity is a long time to be wrong. People that teach the things those on the list teach are in danger of eternal torment and the people that believe that heresy are in the same danger.

It's quite bemusing that Paul himself never once makes mention of 'hell' then isn't it, considering what you believe it to be? What, wasn't it important enough or something?

This is not a game.

Well it wouldn't catch on if it was....:plain:

I don't "have" any truth. I simple repeat what I read. I believe what I read, and respond. That is what people do when they believe something, they tell others.

So telling everyone else that if they don't believe the 'basics' as yourself they're wrong is simply 'repeating what you've read is it'?

I would love to have a civilized debate on eternal hell. I and yes, I am obsessed with truth and people getting saved. Paul warned against heresy because it was "another gospel" that would lead people astray. It is not the time to play nice.

As before, Paul never mentioned 'hell' the once in his ministry, so why was that considering the magnitude of such according to you?

That is pretty obvious. Paul must have been having a bad day.

:liberals:

So you are so opposed that you keep silent? Great plan. :plain:

Er, nope. I'm just opposed to using inflammatory insults and dialogue as conversation - unless I'm dealing with an obvious troll. Anything wrong with that?

Sudoku? You are a heretic! ;)

Yeah, ok, I'll give you that one....:chuckle:

YahuShuan

Choleric, you still got me down in the saved by works crowds eh?
I'm calling you a Liar. Just like your father the devil is.
I told you time and time again, I am saved by the BLOOD OF THE MESSIAH YAHU'SHUA.
So, as Scripture says, even though you accuse me of heresy, I stand as righteous, BY HIS BLOOD. I always have.

And now, what you thought to do to me, will be done to you.

Also, I won't call you a heretic, I will simply say to you what JESUS SAID...

Luk 24:25-27 And He said to them, “O thoughtless ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Messiah to suffer these and to enter into His esteem?” And beginning at Mosheh and all the Prophets, He was explaining to them in all the Scriptures the matters concerning Himself.

So stop LYING to the people, the Gospel IS in the Old Testament...And JESUS didn't need Paul to do a thing!!!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
heresy = the right to freely choose.......

heresy = the right to freely choose.......

I'm still not on it.

A while back I messaged Choleric about adding you under my catagory, and even modifying the catagory title, expanding it a bit, since I'm very 'eclectic',...but no response.

It appears hes more interested in the main 'heresies' he deems most important, while we more liberal spiritualists and gnostics of various temperments, and kind of 'low' on the radar screen. I have just enough dangerous knowledge to implicate modern forms of 'Christianity' with a versatility in many other religious philosophies and schools to have apparently earned a place on the list.

To some I'm the resident 'New Ager', 'Universal Mystic'...being a student of universal spirituality, eclectic spiritualist, meta-theist, esotericist, meta-physician, etc. Also the resident 'dharmist' as a very liberal 'hindu' with philosophical roots in the Advaita Vedanta school...but conversant with all schools of 'non-dualism'. The fundamental reality is what is at the base or root of all existence, discovered and realized by the great rishis/sages (realized ones). They discovered the true God-essence in their own hearts...as being non-different from the Universal God-presence, but individualized within.

'God' as absolute reality outshines/transcends any concept or image of a so-called 'Satan' or the 'devil', and 'heresy' is the rightful privilege of a truly responsible person freely choosing to do their own 'thinking' in discerning what is 'real' from what is 'unreal' (right discrimination). This continual vigilence and 'questioning' everything...continues moment to moment.

In-joy,

pj

Choleric

Except in this case Heretics = those with differing opinions. You're just not honest enough to admit it.

In the biblical sense of the word, it is those that Paul warned teach "another gospel". If you agree with the theology of those on the list, you do just that. So, yes...it is differing opinion.

Daedalean's_Sun

In the biblical sense of the word, it is those that Paul warned teach "another gospel". If you agree with the theology of those on the list, you do just that. So, yes...it is differing opinion.

Much of what you believe is interpretation. You have no guarantee what you teach isn't "another gospel".

Choleric

Except your 'basic, first Sunday school class lesson' is at odds with others. Heck, I don't recall this at me own those years back. If you're going to call people 'heretics' simply for not having this apparent 'basic' understanding of 'proper faith' then it's puzzling in turn why you'd dedicate a thread to the topic.

Yes, the bible is at odds with many, that is why they are called heretics. I dedicate a thread to it as to warn others by "marking" those who teach error. I wish I would have had this list when I first joined this forum. I didn't know there were so many heresies in the world. I had quite a few long, frustrating conversations with people, only to learn days later that they were teaching false doctrine. Had I had this list, I would have been able to avoid that.

All your previous thread did was invite objection and dischord. Grief, if you've got SD as an 'ally' then you really should look at things. She wouldn't know 'truth' from a stock car pile up. Look at her sig for crying out loud. Do you even consider what it must appear like for observers looking in to see supposed Christians bickering away over stuff?

It is not intended to invite any dischord, it is intended to mark heretics as a warning to others who may be harmed by their false teaching.

SD stands for truth, which is not pliable and is easily discernible by reading and believing the bible, which the Laodecian church has great trouble with.

Um, why do you suppose I asked you about your knowledge of the early church in regards to this subject? What do you actually know about the original texts and translations?

This statement is a direct result of the apostasy of the modern church. All truth is based on your "interpretation" of some extra biblical writing and some extant manuscript that you think is the way the bible "should" be worded.

I know quite a bit about the early manuscripts, having studied the topic a great deal. I know that the KJV agrees with 99% of existing manuscript evidence. I don't need to worry about the 1%, although many new bibles today are translated based on that 1% and are therefore, in the minority and are in error.

Why was eternal torment a minority school of thought at the time? Have you ever researched the topic to any degree? Unless you have you're in no position to say 'of course there is'.

Why in the world would I waste my time researching schools of thought on the matter? Why would I have reason to doubt what the bible says? I understand the temptation to do so, as I don't particularly like what I read there either, and I wish it wasn't so. But I am not going to go fishing for some "alternate meaning" to something so plainly taught just because I find it uncomfortable.

THat is what most people do. They find something they don't like in the bible, then find an excuse to erase that passage from their bible, or at least change the words a bit to say what they think it ought to say. Nobody benefits from that and it leads to heresy and eventually apostasy, which is what we have in the modern church.

Perhaps you can explain how death and hades are thrown into the lake of fire as well?

Sure thing. When a lost person dies, they go to hell, which is a prison, or holding ground for those who die without Christ. At the end of the millenium, the dead in hell will be resurrected in bodily form and will stand before the great white throne of God for judgment. Those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the Lake of Fire at that point and eventually hell itself, which is a giant prison in the center of the earth, will also be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

The lake of fire is not in hell, and is not the same as hell. This is pretty simple stuff. Allow me to give it to you in chronological order using Scripture:

All people are appointed to a day of judgement:
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The church will be raptured out prior to the Great Tribulation/ The church is told it will be kept from the "hour that is to come":

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Rev_3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Then there will be the great tribulation, which will last 7 years. At the end of that, those tribulation saints will be raptured/resurrected:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The millenium begins, and the devil is bound in the bottomless pit (not the lake of fire) for the whole thousand years and at the end is released one last time:

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled:

The unsaved dead, remain in hell for the full thousand years of the millenium:

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

After the thousand years, the devil is loosed and the final war takes place:

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

It is at this point that the devil is cast into the lake of fire:

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

notice the "beast and false prophet" are already there. They were cast into the lake of fire after the 7 year tribulation as we see in this verse:

Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

At this point the rest of the dead are raised to stand before God and be judged "according to their works", which is how all unsaved people will be judged:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

These are all found to be guilty of being law breakers and are sentenced to the lake of fire, and at this point, hell is empty and it too is cast into the lake of fire with death:

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you notice the order of events, the lake of fire appears at the end of God's prophetic program, not at the beginning or middle. This is easy if we simply believe what we read.

It would only explain why I don't believe in a cruel and capricious God choleric. The fact that you may equate that with 'not believing the bible' only goes to serve what you know or don't know about the above....

Why would I replace God's word with my opinion or fanciful imagination? That is foolish and only an arrogant person would attempt such a thing.

So....if someone were to read the bible sans Paul it would be effectively useless? :AMR:

No, but you would be like those who reject Paul...you would be attempting to get to heaven by being "good enough" instead of obeying Romans 10:3.

As far as I recall the gospel = 'good news'. Or is that too basic?

Far too basic. What is the good news? Is it that a man named Jesus came to earth to tell you about God (which is what those who deny the deity of Christ teach). Is it to tell you that you can work for your own salvation? (which is what those that teach salvation by works teach and is what those that reject Paul teach).

You have to allow the Scripture to define what the good news is.

It's quite bemusing that Paul himself never once makes mention of 'hell' then isn't it, considering what you believe it to be? What, wasn't it important enough or something?

He did.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Aside from that, Jesus mentioned hell quite plainly and thoroughly. You can only deny hell if you deny a large portion of your bible:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I could list dozens of verses where Jesus spoke of hell. This is pretty simple stuff. And attempting to explain it away by claiming somebody didn't believe Jesus' words 1900 years ago doesn't change anything at all. People haven't believed the bible for 4000 years, there is nothing new under the sun.
Well it wouldn't catch on if it was....:plain:

By God's eternal wisdom, His message has caught on quite well I would say.

So telling everyone else that if they don't believe the 'basics' as yourself they're wrong is simply 'repeating what you've read is it'?

Yes, "ye are saved by grace though faith and that not of yourselves, not of works lest any man should boast" is pretty easy to understand and repeat. As is "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. " Rom 11:6

You either believe it and get saved, or deny Pauls apostleship and get to work. But that will end you in the lake of fire.

As before, Paul never mentioned 'hell' the once in his ministry, so why was that considering the magnitude of such according to you?

Paul did and so did the Creator of the Universe and our Savior Jesus Christ. I am not sure what point you are trying to make?

:liberals:

You said you werent interested in marking others. You are essentially admitting to refusing to obey a command of Scripture. I guess you excuse yourself from such activity on the account that "Paul must have been having a bad day". It is ok if you don't feel it is your calling, but don't argue with those of us who obey.

Er, nope. I'm just opposed to using inflammatory insults and dialogue as conversation - unless I'm dealing with an obvious troll. Anything wrong with that?

Again, if you want to stand for nothing, that is fine with me, but don't take issue because I obey a direct command in an attempt to help others. Hell is a real place where real people go for a real eternity. Jesus said so, you can choose to ignore Him, but it isn't very wise...:plain::nono:

Yeah, ok, I'll give you that one....:chuckle:

:first: